Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. (690 Views)

Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari For No Reason? / Why Do Most Igbos Hate Buhari For Nothing? / Why Do The Igbos Hate Buhari? - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by kingdompropty: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
The Ndigbos is one of the few people in Nigeria that will stand by their beliefs even at personal risks. A tribe that will rejected their own as a running mate in 2003 and 2007 is not a people that will fall for easy baits.

As the writer in the " Nations" newspaper would have the world believe the Ndigbo will make a choice and stand by the consequences, not necessarily from a position of hate,but rather beliefs.

Even though Mr. Buhari ran with Chuba Okadigbo in 2003 an Igbo son, 2007 another Igbo son, he was roundly rejected. In 2011 and 2015 the Ndigbo also rejected him and I must say here given the same circumstances again the Ndigbo would vote in the same pattern.

For the Ndigbos Mr. Buhari is an impossible sell, and as such may not receive 5% vote in another election scenario. The issue is not that of campaign and vain promises, but matters that affects our beliefs and perception.

If a whole race rejects you the first, second, third and fourth time you must start asking questions, rather you have gone ahead to justify our fears as he has rejected and denied all his promises.

Since he was elected into office he has managed to justify our fears , some will argue that he gave us light, food is now found on our streets , accommodation is now free etc. The question is, what did you vote him for? Is it to keep gallivanting about? Well his achievements and the rest is for another day.

Except for the purpose of being mischievous, I don't understand why a journalist will tag a whole people as haters of their elected president. The question is, is there no longer room for opposition? Has democracy become a one party thing? Was Mr. Jonathan not called clueless? Drunkard etc. So what is the crime in being opposition?.

A man that said a few years ago that he would ensure Sharia spreads around Nigeria, that the Vicious Boko Haram must be pampered, that he would soak the streets with the blood of baboons etc must not necessarily be trusted.

Few years ago in the front of media camera he said one of our maximum leader was a saint, height of hypocrisy, in the run up to the election he carried himself as a poor man, but was discovered to be a billionaire recently.

One thing the Ndigbo is not is hypocrisy, the Igbo man stands with you with his two legs and leaves you also with both, not like some other people.

Yes the Ndigbo will rather keep wailing as an opposition than join a band of hypocrites. All of us must not be in PDP, APC or like Mr. Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Op is pained, so I understand grin

BTW, I think the Igbos need to learn politicking is not a game af loyalty . The sooner they understand , the better for them . Chikena
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by freez2ryme(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
"One thing the Ndigbo is not is hypocrisy, the Igbo man stands with you with his two legs and leaves you also with both, not like some other people."
@Op

U hv said it all

When an Igbo man sets his mind on somtn

He doesn't back down, no matter d consequences

Dats y we cm 2ur place wit nylon bags and goes home wit Prado jeeps

We stick by our words

We don't trade on hypocrisy unlike mi westerners brothers

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by DaBullIT(m): 1:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Hehehehe

He is a Billionaire

But i wonder why you people are taking this personal, Wasn't Jonathan Shoeless speech the reason why you voted for him ?
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by Obrigardo: 1:36am On Sep 16, 2015
kingdompropty:
The Ndigbos is one of the few people in Nigeria that will stand by their beliefs even at personal risks. A tribe that will rejected their own as a running mate in 2003 and 2007 is not a people that will fall for easy baits.

As the writer in the " Nations" newspaper would have the world believe the Ndigbo will make a choice and stand by the consequences, not necessarily from a position of hate,but rather beliefs.

Even though Mr. Buhari ran with Chuba Okadigbo in 2003 an Igbo son, 2007 another Igbo son, he was roundly rejected. In 2011 and 2015 the Ndigbo also rejected him and I must say here given the same circumstances again the Ndigbo would vote in the same pattern.

For the Ndigbos Mr. Buhari is an impossible sell, and as such may not receive 5% vote in another election scenario. The issue is not that of campaign and vain promises, but matters that affects our beliefs and perception.

If a whole race rejects you the first, second, third and fourth time you must start asking questions, rather you have gone ahead to justify our fears as he has rejected and denied all his promises.

Since he was elected into office he has managed to justify our fears , some will argue that he gave us light, food is now found on our streets , accommodation is now free etc. The question is, what did you vote him for? Is it to keep gallivanting about? Well his achievements and the rest is for another day.

Except for the purpose of being mischievous, I don't understand why a journalist will tag a whole people as haters of their elected president. The question is, is there no longer room for opposition? Has democracy become a one party thing? Was Mr. Jonathan not called clueless? Drunkard etc. So what is the crime in being opposition?.

A man that said a few years ago that he would ensure Sharia spreads around Nigeria, that the Vicious Boko Haram must be pampered, that he would soak the streets with the blood of baboons etc must not necessarily be trusted.

Few years ago in the front of media camera he said one of our maximum leader was a saint, height of hypocrisy, in the run up to the election he carried himself as a poor man, but was discovered to be a billionaire recently.

One thing the Ndigbo is not is hypocrisy, the Igbo man stands with you with his two legs and leaves you also with both, not like some other people.

Yes the Ndigbo will rather keep wailing as an opposition than join a band of hypocrites. All of us must not be in PDP, APC or like Mr. Buhari.

My anger with some of you igbo teenagers is that you guys don't want to grow up.
I used to think the hausa's were the mallus here but i seem to be wrong
the igbo teenagers are the fodder for brainwashing. Just tell them anything and they will believe it hook line and sinker

No wonder ojukwu was able to manipulate millions to their early death
This calls for serious reasoning!
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by kingdompropty: 5:24am On Sep 16, 2015
Many will not read through before they comment. I can imagine why ut off marks is 2 in some places.
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by vega84(m): 6:07am On Sep 16, 2015
Obrigardo:

My anger with some of you igbo teenagers is that you guys don't want to grow up.
I used to think the hausa's were the mallus here but i seem to be wrong
the igbo teenagers are the fodder for brainwashing. Just tell them anything and they will believe it hook line and sinker

No wonder ojukwu was able to manipulate millions to their early death
This calls for serious reasoning!
. U see wen senseless born coward opens his mouth, u can always detect frm a far. I guess u Ofe mmanu punk didn't read the thread well. #vegatalks
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by chikeFavor2000(m): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2015
Op spoke just like a true IGBO, but the problem with igbos is SENTIMENTALISM. as a matter of fact na them discriminate pass internally and externally. Where Roman Catholics are perceived differently from Anglicans, Abians are different people from Anambrians, onitsha people claim they are not igbos, they speak n hear the same language yet the hating continues. Just sell an idea of how different they are n they just carry-on wholeheartedly with thinking. Every igbo knows they are gaining from this fg pass last one wey no even do anything for us yet they are hating.

I know igbos will come bashing on me but deep down inside you, you know am saying
N/B am IGBO. Wisdom is profitable to direct and all you are getting get knowledge
Re: Why The Igbos " Hate" Buhari. by afoo02(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Write up like this can only bring iboos backwards, grow up and join the winning team. Shai Baba! Shai Buhari

(1) (Reply)

We Are Negotiating With B’haram, Says Buhari / Edo State Can Feed The Entire Country With Rice – Oshiomhole / DSS Disables Asari Dokubo's Facebook Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.