Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs (1190 Views)

VP Osinbajo Blasts Nigerian Police, Judges For Unlawful Detention Of Suspects / Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention / Anxiety On Biafra: AIG Warns Police Over Detention Beyond 24HRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by c33b33(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2015
ANXIETY ON BIAFRA: AIG Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24Hrs

The authorities of the Nigerian Police Force will adhere strictly to the principle of not detaining a suspect for more than 24 hours to check against abuse of human rights by the policemen. This is coming after the publication by the ibtimes UK on the evidence against the Nigerian state

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) in charge of zone 8, Tanko Lawal disclosed this in Ilorin, Kwara State yesterday.

He made the disclosure while addressing officers and men of the Kwara State Police Command at the command’s headquarters in Ilorin on the policy thrust of the present police leadership.

Lawal said it was the decision of the leadership that in order that the provision of the nation’s constitution is not breached no suspect must be detained by the police beyond 24 hours.

He said the leadership’s position is that in a situation where it requires longer time to investigate a case the suspect should be taken to court or released on bail

http://www.igberetvnews.com/?p=10617.

IPOB Youth

1 Like

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by aderonila18: 12:11am On Sep 16, 2015
They should release them. Let them have their Biafra

1 Like

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by adedayourt(m): 12:13am On Sep 16, 2015
k
Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by c33b33(m): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2015
I hope DPOs' will adhere to Oga's directive?

Demanding #100,000 from arrested IPOB members for bail is illegal. Release them!

IPOB Youth

1 Like

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by ReskpetNobleman(m): 12:51am On Sep 16, 2015
Truth is golden Biafra we love thee smiley

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 16, 2015
Why won't they abide by the 24hrs rule? After the multitude of tweets IPOB sent to all politicians, governments and NGOs around the world. You think this is 1967!

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by menix(m): 1:11am On Sep 16, 2015
We re getting there..

Ala Igbo amaka..

1 Like

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by DaBullIT(m): 1:25am On Sep 16, 2015
Coming from Egbere (Winch grin) news

Protest and Languish in Police Cell for 5 months grin grin grin

Ba ba's black sheep have you any foool ?

Yes sir Yes sir IPOB youths

some's forming master

some forming rude

But then Kalu is in Uuke Enjoying life

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by Obrigardo: 1:44am On Sep 16, 2015
DaBullIT:
Coming from Egbere (Winch grin) news

Protest and Languish in Police Cell for 5 months grin grin grin

Ba ba's black sheep have you any foool ?

Yes sir Yes sir IPOB youths

some's forming master

some forming rude

But then Kalu is in Uuke Enjoying life

You crack me up with this, i can't stop laughing

These biafrauds can't even afford the cheapest data plan, see them exposing their folly.

Before any fool calls himself Biafra, he should know he is fisrt a NIGERIAN whether he likes it or not in a 100 years!
So it is every nigerian's right to a fair hearing and never to stay in jail more than 24 hours when he is not charged with any crime.

PMB will make things right, biafraudsters need to start believing in a "diversified" country called Nigeria. the U.S.A did it and still doing it, why won't Nigeria be the bastion of peace in Africa? We are getting there. Some self acclaimed "ipob idiotts" just need to face reality.
Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by DaBullIT(m): 2:12am On Sep 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nna, You are vexing grin grin grin grin
Obrigardo:

These biafrauds can't even afford the cheapest data plan, see them exposing their folly.

Before any fool calls himself Biafra, he should know he is fisrt a NIGERIAN whether he likes it or not in a 100 years!
So it is every nigerian's right to a fair hearing and never to stay in jail more than 24 hours when he is not charged with any crime.

PMB will make things right, biafraudsters need to start believing in a "diversified" country called Nigeria. the U.S.A did it and still doing it, why won't Nigeria be the bastion of peace in Africa? We are getting there. Some self acclaimed "ipob idiotts" just need to face reality.
Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Obrigardo:

GO AND DIE

1 Like

Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by c33b33(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
You are getting there? Illiterate without a knowledge of history wants to compare U.S to nigeria.

Convince us why we need to remain as nigerians,can you? Ofcourse they can't! Nde ara

Nnamdi is in Taiwan now,not UK. You can change your nursery rhyme correctly now. And I will update you when next he moves. Baboon!

IPOB Youth
Re: Anxiety On Biafra: Aig Warns Policemen Over Detention Of Suspects Beyond 24hrs by yorubatic: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
my fetish sophisticated yoruba people logic, benin republic is deluded for not merging with Nigeria, Togo is deluded for not merging with nigeria, even ghana, niger, chat and etc are all deluded for not merging with nigeria. ...and Biafrans are deluded for wanting to part ways with nigeria, But
Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave ....

To my fetish yoruba people, Igbo are a threat, but hausa fulanis are loving masters. ...my diabolical cowards people are confused clowns .....my evil people constantly having sleepless nights because of igbo giants

Since this change, change mantra started , I have found out that my fetish yoruba people who chant the change mantra loudest are still the same evil people protesting and crying because of hunger. ...what is wrong with my evil yoruba people...my yoruba people are truly cursed to be slaves of Hausa-Fulani forever ...

(1) (Reply)

36 Amazing Things You Probably Didn't Know About Africa / God Bless Tinubu / Nnamdi Kanu Is Fraudster Using Biafra To Make Money - Ex Girlfriend Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.