Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Understanding The Art Of Naming And Hosting. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Understanding The Art Of Naming And Hosting. (655 Views)

The Best Domain Registration And Hosting In Nigeria, Take Control!!! / Website Design And Hosting At N5,000 / Free .info Domain And Hosting From Trudigits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Art Of Naming And Hosting. by brianromel(m): 11:42am On Apr 10, 2009
Hello house,sorry to pop this question but i need to find out the procedure for naming and hosting webpages to the net.
I'm basically a novice at design but i try in my own little way with dreamweaver and frontpage html editors.
My designs are ok,my pages are set my links are working in my pages and i saved them in the folder dreamweaver allocated for me to save them.Now comes the hard part,uploading via ftp to my web host.
What i want to know is.

If i save the pages with any name,does the webhost do the naming automatically?

Does the web host have a way of saving pages,pictures and media in separate folders,even when i upload everything in one folder?

How does one name his home page and others to avoid errors?
Re: Understanding The Art Of Naming And Hosting. by naijacode: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2009
I am not to good at web design , These are what I will like to let you know. Dreamweaver and Frontpage are ok,
Get yourdomain hosted with a domaing hosting company,they areavailable in Nigeria and all over the interenet. Your domain names should be easy to rememeber and as much as you can avoid using this sign "(hyphen) (-) " in your domain names, they are pretty confusing , this is my own opinion,other may differ on this ,its not a rule
save your home page as index
You have to be careful of the way you save your files on your local computer.Its what you send to the Host serve that is displayed to viewers.
hope this little will help you along ,
Jibola
jbolaoseni@gmail.com

Hello house,sorry to pop this question but i need to find out the procedure for naming and hosting webpages to the net.
I'm basically a novice at design but i try in my own little way with dreamweaver and frontpage html editors.
My designs are ok,my pages are set my links are working in my pages and i saved them in the folder dreamweaver allocated for me to save them.Now comes the hard part,uploading via ftp to my web host.
What i want to know is.

If i save the pages with any name,does the webhost do the naming automatically?

Does the web host have a way of saving pages,pictures and media in separate folders,even when i upload everything in one folder?

How does one name his home page and others to avoid errors?

(1) (Reply)

What Iswrong With Google Adsense Advertisment / This Could Be The New Face Vista. / Code Editors : Which Is Your Take ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.