Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode (1254 Views)

'the Attempt To Wipe Out The Igbo Race By Buhari Shall Fail' - Femi Fani-kayode / Femi-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's Media Chat / Femi Kayode Reacts To ''Nigeria To Become 34th Member Of Muslim Nation'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by kyrios: 4:51am On Sep 16, 2015
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says Nigeria has been destined to fail since its creation by the British in 1914. He said the British created Nigeria such that the ‘poor North’ would continue to rule while the ‘rich South’ will remain oppressed. Fani-Kayode said this in a Facebook post on Tuesday titled, “The 9th Earl of Bathrust and the Nigerian State.” He said shortly before independence, the British gave the North permanent rule. He said, “The Nigeria that they (British) handed over to us in 1960 was nothing but an unworkable artificial state and a poisoned chalice. It was destined to fail right from the outset. “Worse still, they handed us that poisoned chalice with a malicious and mischievous intent and without any recourse to our people in terms of any form of a national referendum.” Fani-Kayode, said what the British did in Nigeria was replicated in other countries like India and Sudan, adding that those countries had since divided having woken up politically. He said it was regrettable that Nigerians had failed to take their destinies into their own hands. He added, “The British did the same thing in varying degrees when they left virtually each and every one of their other third world colonies. The most obvious cases, however, were Nigeria, Sudan, India and the nation that was formerly known as Malaya. “Every one of these four countries had monumental problems with sustaining their unity after independence and all of them, with the exception of Nigeria, were compelled to breakup into smaller entities before they could bring out the best in themselves as a people and fully exercise their human potential. “Consequently, India broke up into three and became India, Pakistan and Bangladesh; the Sudan broke into two and became Southern Sudan and the Sudan and Malaya broke into two and became Malaysia and Singapore. Nigeria has yet to find the courage and fortitude to go that far and whether we will eventually break up or not remains to be seen.” Fani-Kayode said if the terms of the ‘marriage’ between the North and the South were not reviewed, there could be further crisis. He added, “The result of the amalgamation was predictable. It was either the ‘poor husband’ (the North) would fully subjugate and eventually kill the ‘rich wife’ (the South) or the ‘rich wife’ would fully subjugate and eventually kill the ‘poor husband’. And we are right in the middle of that struggle for mutual subjugation till today.” The Peoples Democratic Party chieftain said the only way to address the “unfair” arrangement was a complete devolution of powers. He said Nigeria must embrace true federalism.

www.punchng.com/politics/nigeria-destined-to-fail-fani-kayode/

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by ellabooz(f): 5:02am On Sep 16, 2015
Nigeria is a fraud, the ZOO must fall.

Must is the word. It might tally but it will surely happen. Expect it sooner than later.
People are tired of this blood sucking demons who contribute nothing to the economy yet they want to remain in power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by KanwuliaJara: 5:10am On Sep 16, 2015
A FAILURE destined to FAIL? undecided
E don fail finish na! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by sprinter101(m): 5:11am On Sep 16, 2015
Ok I hear you.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by POWEROFPEACE(m): 5:13am On Sep 16, 2015
Are we realy listening to this man, because only sociopath talk like this. I mean, is he not supposed to be part of the solution or what is he looking for.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by otipoju(m): 5:18am On Sep 16, 2015
Fani Ode....why did you not spew this gibberish qhen you were Aviation minister under Obasanjo or when you were campaigning for the Fisherman from Otuoke.

You no see money chop again and the future looks bleak for you, you come dey yarn dust.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by GabrielSuswam(m): 5:23am On Sep 16, 2015
Big Fool...

The Money u stole in the Aviation Sector Was funded by NigerDelta Oil Too...Try Get Sense Abeg

Fucking little girls since 1999
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Duru1(m): 5:27am On Sep 16, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
Are we realy listening to this man, because only sociopath talk like this. I mean, is he not supposed to be part of the solution or what is he looking for.

The only solution to the endemic socio-political problem of Nigeria is disintegration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by menix(m): 5:36am On Sep 16, 2015
ellabooz:
Nigeria is a fraud, the ZOO must fall.

Must is the word. It might tally but it will surely happen. Expect it sooner than later.
People are tired of this blood sucking demons who contribute nothing to the economy yet they want to remain in power.

Hope una pride price go come down too, cous I want make my marriage cert carry Biafra Republic.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Aufbauh(m): 5:37am On Sep 16, 2015
"The greatest deception a man suffers is from his own opinion" - Leonardo Da vinci
"All the war-propaganda, and all the screaming and lies and hatred is invariably come from those who are not fighting"-George Powell
"What is evil? Whatever Springs from weakness"-Friedrich Nietzsche.

The singular act of GEJ to conceeds defeat amidst war chest beaters and secessionists like ffk and his like is the most adorable thing he has done that needs commendation from all Nigerians. If it were one of those hawkers we won't have been typing on nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Obviously femi is listening to radio biafra...hahah
But he knew all this yet he accepted to be a minister of that same nation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by chernest2002: 5:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Nigeria have not progressed as one lets try disintegration now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:

He proferred solutions I guess.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 16, 2015
otipoju:
Fani Ode....why did you not spew this gibberish qhen you were Aviation minister under Obasanjo or when you were campaigning for the Fisherman from Otuoke.

You no see money chop again and the future looks bleak for you, you come dey yarn dust.

You believe he is saying the obvious? The time he said it is immaterial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by soloroyality(m): 6:21am On Sep 16, 2015
I strongly hate does who normally rush to comment on an article without researching further to know more facts about such write up before shouting propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by chikeFavor2000(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2015
I often wonder how sentiments have blinded our moral sense esp the igbos . All these people preaching division are all too selfish and only after their pockets. As former min of aviation. What did he do for his community?
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by kennyman2000(m): 6:43am On Sep 16, 2015
seems this man is making sense..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by yorubatic: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:

Ostrich dunce, what else do you want him to say or do...didn't you see the solution he suggested. ...you evil cowards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by yorubatic: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
Obviously femi is listening to radio biafra...hahah

But he knew all this yet he accepted to be a minister of that same nation
You are dunce, so because he knew the truth, he won't service the little he can, what would have you expect him to do? Can he single handedly change anything? Evil clowns
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Flets: 6:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by yorubatic: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2015
I wonder why all evil people love nigeria the way it is....yet it thesame evil people who hate other tribe. ...and the same evil who want to live and die with those they so much hate...it the same fetish evil people who can't be own their own...

Can I asked the one Nigeria evil sycophants, why you all want to be with those who have shown their hate to you?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by madenigga(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2015
This guy should shutup with his reverse psychology attitude... all dz talks and curses are just to get Buharis attention.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by morbeta(m): 7:08am On Sep 16, 2015
FFk is in th dark now. He is out of circulation and has been abandoned be friend and political allieds. He is inrelevant now. All this noise making is as a result of loneliness.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by chikeFavor2000(m): 7:16am On Sep 16, 2015
kennyman2000:
seems this man is making sense..
Divide Nigeria, and giant of Africa goes to South Africa or Ghana. Your so called biafra, arewa, oduduwa no go mouth at all in Africa
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by drey076(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2015
I can't read the nonsense up dere
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by POWEROFPEACE(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2015
yorubatic:

Ostrich dunce, what else do you want him to say or do...didn't you see the solution he suggested. ...you evil cowards
may the peace of GOD be unto you and your entire household.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Chiaka(f): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2015
I know some eggs heads will start to insult this man, but in all fairness what he said is right, its either a healthy change to accommodate the diversity or a break up....What he said is absolutely correct!!! like it or not!
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by erikcantona: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2015
chikeFavor2000:

Divide Nigeria, and giant of Africa goes to South Africa or Ghana. Your so called biafra, arewa, oduduwa no go mouth at all in Africa
what have the common man gained in bieng the. Giant of africa? Do you have good roads !steady electricity ! Good hospitals! Education in world standard more than south africa? I still wana knw why you ppl can't thinks past oil! Disintegration of nigeria or federalism is the way! Is only parasites wnt agry withe this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by otipoju(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2015
stickncarrot:

You believe he is saying the obvious? The time he said it is immaterial.

I said what is saying is complete dust... breaking up is not the solution to Nigeria's problem. The solution is doing away with thieves like him who will divert resources meant for the good of society into private use.

If you have a decent income that takes care of your bills, have wonderful network of good roads, effecient train system, world class hospitals, safe recreation centers...I swear no one will be agitating for Nigerias break up.
Re: Nigeria Is Destined To Fail- Femi Kayode by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2015
otipoju:

I said what is saying is complete dust... breaking up is not the solution to Nigeria's problem. The solution is doing away with thieves like him who will divert resources meant for the good of society into private use.

If you have a decent income that takes care of your bills, have wonderful network of good roads, effecient train system, world class hospitals, safe recreation centers...I swear no one will be agitating for Nigerias break up.

We don't have them and they are not in sight. Confab would have reduced the agitation by 40% but look at the approach of the Northerners to it.

Is it better to address the interest of a region or Nigeria as claimed that the Confab is anti North? That saying by alone shows how tribalistic they could be.

The best solution insight is to breakup.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Should Wake Up. There Will Never Be A Biafra. / Nigeria 'hires Mercenaries' To Battle Boko Haram / Okorocha Condemns Ipob Memebers Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.