Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano (1411 Views)

UK Authorities Barred Andy Uba From Their Country, Citing His Criminality - SR / See Governor Obiano's "Stylish" Handshake That Has Got People Talking. Photos / Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
Twice in the last week I have written expressing the fact and the interwoven connection between what is falsely claimed as Ibo entrepreneurship and his success at criminal pursuits. One was a thread, the second was a post and both were hidden by NL moderators. So I went online to find what Ibos themselves say about their own dominance in criminality. I found a website with the title "DELTA, SOUTH EAST NIGERIA AXIS OF VIOLENT CRIMES", published by The News on Aug 22nd, 2015. When I click the link it returns a 404 error. I'm not surprised! Seems Ibos are edgy and do not want the circulation of this truth coming to surface and spreading like fire. So I went in search of moderate admissions by Ibos themselves talking truth to the fact of their dominance in crime nationally.

So I want the mod that has busied himself/herself with deletion of my postings and suppression of my right to free speech to free me. If it was viewed as bigotry because it came from a Yorubaman, here is a less shocking and public-friendly admission by no other than a leading Ibo politician and Governor of Anamra State on the fact.

‘How long shall Southeast, Delta suffer criminality?

Years of ferocious assaults on cities and communities in the South East and Delta by successive robbery gangs and kidnap cells have driven meaningful investments away and stifled the economic growth of the region. In Anambra State in particular, we have experienced waves of gang rules in the commercial city of Onitsha that were so dominant that constituted authorities felt helpless under their brutal onslaught. The story is very much the same across the states in the region and Delta State. It may vary in degrees from one state to another but this region has had a most troubling crime history for far too long. The time has come to wipe this dark history away!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have assembled here today to interrogate our circumstances; to ask ourselves hard questions and to set for ourselves a common agenda. The pertinent question we must ask ourselves is how long? How long shall the South East and Delta State and other contiguous states bear the brunt of brazen criminality and meaningless brigandage? How long shall our people’s well known enterprising spirit be driven away to nourish distant lands while our homeland wallows in squalor? How long shall we continue to fall to the barrel of a gun pointed at us by our own brothers, friends and kinsmen who are caught up in violent crimes?

Go here to read more....

http://thenationonlineng.net/how-long-shall-southeast-delta-suffer-criminality/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
In a related news....

"BATTLE AGAINST PRODUCT COUNTERFEITERS IN SE"

The recent face-off between the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and an Onitsha-based company over fake shaving sticks, once again, brings to the fore the issue of product counterfeiting in Nigeria and the unending battle against the malaise. Product counterfeiting, like corruption, is endemic in Nigeria. Those fighting these monsters must be fully prepared to face the counter attacks because beneficiaries of fakery and corruption won't just sit back and watch their empires collapse.

Reports say the SON raided the company alleged to be packaging other company brands of shaving sticks and evacuated several trucks of substandard products. In a sharp reaction, the company stage-managed a mass protest in Onitsha against SON, accusing the agency of "destroying businesses and putting the national economy under stress by undermining manufacturers." The erroneous impression was given that the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) was party to the mass protests. Similar protests are reportedly being planned across cities in the South-East.

Worse still, the company reportedly accused SON of demanding bribes. However, the names of the officers involved and the amount so demanded were not disclosed. This, perhaps, is the first time such allegation is leveled against SON in the course of performing its statutory duty. It is not known how many companies SON confronts on daily basis and how rich its officials would be if they went on a bribing spree. Somehow, in this era of war against corruption, the allegation was meant to divert attention from the real issue of product counterfeiting.

Reacting to the incident, the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) dissociated itself and expressed outrage at what they called "the devilish attempt of an Onitsha-based company to set manufacturers in the South-East against the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON)." MAN said the company is not one of its members.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201509151789.html
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by vicadex07(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by vicadex07(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
See food grin
Brb...I wan go bring spoon grin
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by kernel501: 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Tinubu house of lies - The Nation Newspaper.

1. The ten highest looters in Nigeria have no Igbo.
2. Two most notorious armed robbers are Shino Rambo and Anini, l did'nt see Igbo.
3. Drug Barons, the most wanted Nigerian born America baron is Senator Kashanu, Yoruba Chief

Please lets know which areas Igbo thrive in criminality with links.

3 Likes

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by ichoku: 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
Trying so hard to brand Igbos. But Nigerians know better. Even our today's president remembers that most of the drug barons he imprisoned the last time were not Igbos but from tribe of accusers of Igbo.

1 Like

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:53am On Sep 17, 2015
SE, how business nah?

Make today a CRIME-FREE day abeg. grin

1 Like

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by mysteriousman(m): 5:54am On Sep 17, 2015
Criminality thrives in Nigeria but those places have a high percentage of it
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 17, 2015
If you are looking for criminal elements, get them among those lazy bones not in Biafraland.

Nigeria itself is a scam, Yorubas want to remain in Nigeria because they love scam, Hausas want to remain in Nigeria because they are scammers and Igbos want to break away because they hate corruption, Scam, and deceit.

1 Like

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by AnambraDota: 6:05am On Sep 17, 2015
Yorubaman lifts Champions league

4 Likes

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
stickncarrot:
If you are looking for criminal elements, get them among those lazy bones not in Biafraland.

Nigeria itself is a scam, Yorubas want to remain in Nigeria because they love scam, Hausas want to remain in Nigeria because they are scammers and Igbos want to break away because they hate corruption, Scam, and deceit.

You hate corruption but didnt agitate Biafra in the administration of "stealing is not corruption".....and voted 95% to continue in that administratiin.
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
mysteriousman:
Criminality thrives in Nigeria but those places have a high percentage of it

....the citizens of those places likewise are majority criminals even in regions outside their own. They export criminality and infect other regions and peoples with it.
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by IheabunikeChuks: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

You wont hear word, I have no pity for you anymore.
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by Kestolovee95(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
AnambraDota:

aaaaarhhhhhhh! budaah you be bas...kard oh! lwkmd.

1 Like

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by Kestolovee95(f): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
chai! anambradota alias buddahmonk. if i die here with laughter, na you kill me oh!

kestolove95, eleko1, make una come laff with me
Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Twice in the last week I have written expressing the fact and the interwoven connection between what is falsely claimed as Ibo entrepreneurship and his success at criminal pursuits. One was a thread, the second was a post and both were hidden by NL moderators. So I went online to find what Ibos themselves say about their own dominance in criminality. I found a website with the title "DELTA, SOUTH EAST NIGERIA AXIS OF VIOLENT CRIMES", published by The News on Aug 22nd, 2015. When I click the link it returns a 404 error. I'm not surprised! Seems Ibos are edgy and do not want the circulation of this truth coming to surface and spreading like fire. So I went in search of moderate admissions by Ibos themselves talking truth to the fact of their dominance in crime nationally.

So I want the mod that has busied himself/herself with deletion of my postings and suppression of my right to free speech to free me. If it was viewed as bigotry because it came from a Yorubaman, here is a less shocking and public-friendly admission by no other than a leading Ibo politician and Governor of Anamra State on the fact.

Oya start going to Heaven? No go find work? #Bigot

1 Like

Re: South East, Delta And Criminality - Gov Obiano by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

You hate corruption but didnt agitate Biafra in the administration of "stealing is not corruption".....and voted 95% to continue in that administratiin.

Stealing isn't corruption quote me anywhere.

Buhari's appointment is total case of corruption, Fashola is corrupt and stole Lagos state money. Stop spinning a yarn.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Clown....tunji Braithwaite Blasts Obasanjo / Alleged False Declaration Of Assets: Saraki Knows Fate At Appeal-court Today / What Happened To Enugu Coal Mines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.