Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,874 members, 7,844,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria (67324 Views)

CBN New Policy On Seized ATM Cards / CBN New Forex Rate Policy Announced / CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
gozmok1:
Pmb Old wine

The older the wine, the better.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by menxer: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
sammyj:
This a welcome development. I still have the believe the some WAILERS grin sorry people will flood this forum to rant PMB's government is not doing anything about the economy as if this so called ministers when appointed can do more than what their predecessors did when the past clueless government was in power !!!

Point of correction, this CBN policy was started by the GEJ administration, PMB is only taking the glory. gringringrin
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
benedictnsi:

As in Eh, from social and Economic points of view, he really made impacts...... Left for Soludo Charles, we would have had 5k notes circulating faster than 1k notes........... Den you imagine how easy it would have been for Looters to Loot public funds
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by andyanders: 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
In addition to that, any ATM card user must not have a Face Cap on when withdrawing any money from any ATM machine and if it is possible, the camera should be able to capture the face of everyone on the line and if anyone having face cap, the person should be ordered to remove it by the security agents. Also, let there be a police agents with a patrol van located very close to any ATM machine and those located withing an isolated areas should stop operation latest 7pm.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by thexzy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Faulters are already shaking and will soon be doomed.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by darqly(m): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
MosakuAW:
They are also to ensure that ATMs are not
stocked with unfit notes and that cash is
available in the machines at all time.

This is the part i like the most. Most banks stocked machine with unfit notes and will not allow you deposit same into thier ATM that received cash on deposit.

Banks do not print notes that are loaded into their ATMs, they obtain same from CBN. Now the photo i've attached is what a bank received from CBN to use for its' operations, including ATMs obviously. CBN seals the cash in those polythene packs despite them looking like what the cat dragged in, and expects banks to do "Abracadabra" and dispense MINT or ATM fit notes angry angry
Banks will keep loading what CBN gives them to run their daily operations with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by porka: 8:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
[size=13pt]Emefiele is just beating about the bush. Why is it difficult for him to cancel the N65 surcharge on withdrawals?

It seems he is taking directives from his master(s).

ATM dispense errors are not that rampant as before and therefore do not constitute priorities as this playing to the gallery.

The main issues are the failed exchange rate policy that is threatening SMEs with the attendant unemployment consequence.[/size]

1 Like

Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by Akosxxx(m): 8:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by khaynoni(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
The banks there can frustrate someone in a hurry, especially the one with a red colour. I've been there, I feel your pains.

kinggenesis:
All these na grammer...... no be for state like Kogi these ones go work o. Banks and ATM machines over here are something else (Idah to be precise)
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by Jhanny(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nna mehn,d fear of Buhari's change is d beginning of good working policies, hard work and repair of damaged brain caused by d previous administration.. Ride on PMB!
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by Gordonz07(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrMcJay:
Even Emefiele is now championing Change?

They must have changed his battery and memory card. grin
So CBN has started identifying customers as human beings? I love this government. diaisGodohh
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Rule 6 -All banks must be always deposit N500 note in all ATM terminals for dude that may be out of cash sometimes. Failure to comply might involve baba body language

2 Likes

Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by LBanks(m): 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
CBN should concentrate on
1) Removal of #65 charge born by the customer
2) CBN should cancel the policy of "If your ATM card gets stuck in another bank machine, it should be destroyed"

They should first reverse their own useless policies "remove the scales in their own eyes" first before sanctioning the banks.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by tunesoft(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Also POS wey no dey work too joor...how I go wan pay for shayo in the club at 2am and the nonsense machine go mess up....nonsense manager go come dey ask of cash...
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by OYAY(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Partly nice move! They should include removing the #65 charges because when it was zero kobo charges during SLS the banks were not complaining of loosing money only for this Emefiole to re introduced the fraudulent charges and again in cases of dispense error reversals the #65 charges should be reverse as well ooooOo.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by Xvenus(f): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2015
The CBN has once again demonstrated that she wants banks to function optimally and efficiently. whilst on the other part, the do not seem to care so much about protecting customers from certain practices that are a result of her own policies.

Until the CBN modifies her policy on the perforation of ATM cards at the source where it was forgotten, Card spending limits, withdrawal charges, card reissuance charges, and so many more that would make me happier , I remain aggrieved.

The perforation of ATM cards for instance should be left with the Issuing Bank after they receive it. Not forcing one to pay for new cards, over the counter charges and endure tired customer servic.
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 10:52am On Sep 17, 2015
Nice one! It took GTBank more than 45 days and several emails including the last one I copied the Consumer Proection CBN before my funds was reversed due to ATM dispense error issue
Re: CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria by LOUIS6(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2015
kinggenesis:
All these na grammer...... no be for state like Kogi these ones go work o. Banks and ATM machines over here are something else (Idah to be precise)

I got ur mail.... Check ur inbox

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buratai’s Dubai Properties: More Details Emerge - Sahara Reporters / Aliko Dangote And Schoolmates In Primary School In 1965 (Throwback Photo) / Traders At Ladipo Market In Lagos Turn Man's Car To Mobile Shop During Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.