Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? (806 Views)

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Was Prostitution Part of Our Culture during The Precolonial Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? by member315562: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2009
Everythings in this world change, with time the nature goes dim, only constant will remain the same,  tell me why nigerian elders believes cultures shouldn't change?
Re: Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? by member315562: 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2009
I think because the truth is bitter and better,
Re: Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? by Booshman(m): 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
Because why change, when you can have both? Look at Asian cultures, that are modern in many ways but still have their culture mixed with it. They even have many areas with their famous style buildings from centuries ago, as a reminded of their past.
Re: Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? by tpia5: 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
culture should change to what exactly?

explain yourself better because if what you mean is gay marriage, licking myriads of privates all over the place, legalizing cocaine and such, then you might need to remain overseas and be free there.
Re: Do You Know Why Elders Won't Let Our Culture Change? by zukkyo: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2011
when culture changes, it's no more culture
MY Igbo people say, '' ihe yiri ji, abughi ji''
that which resembles a yam is not yam,
it's either you have a culture, or you have none, there's no in between

(1) (Reply)

Kingdom Of Ife Exhibition At The British Museum / Ornament Designs,monograming And General Printing / Latest News About The Acid Rain!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.