Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige (660 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige by asha80(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2009
I’ll resist Obi’s re-election - Ngige http://www.tribune.com.ng/10042009/news/news7.html
Sylvanus Eze, Awka - 10.04.2009

FORMER governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige, has promised to resist attempt by Governor Peter Obi to be re-elected governor of the state.

He said 2010 governorship election was a time to demand his pound of flesh from the sitting governor, who he said, had shown an interest in second term.

Dr. Ngige told some of his loyalists on Thursday that his objective in 2010 was to make sure that Obi was not re-elected.

“Gentlemen, I am in the governorship race primarily to stop Peter Obi from being re-elected. I am sure I am more popular by every standard. So, as we go to win that election, let’s know that the battle is between us and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA),” he said.

When contacted, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Mike Udah, said Ngige was not a subject to discuss.

A protocol officer in the state who gave his name as Benjamin, said Ngige was fast becoming a nuisance, while describing his threats as empty.

He added that the developmental strides of Governor Obi, under the Anambra State Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS), would make him win any political seat.

He, however, implored Ngige to mind his utterances, saying he had the right to kill himself if he so desired without associating anybody with it. grin

Is Ngige getting paranoid?
Re: I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige by grafikdon: 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2009
Sounds like someone smoking cashew leaves
Re: I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige by asha80(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2009
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Apr 11, 2009
He resists Obi’s re-election? Is this sort of like resisting the devil or something? Roflmao!!!
Re: I’ll Resist Obi’s Re-election - Ngige by preselect(m): 5:21am On Apr 11, 2009
nigeria embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Pdp, A People's Party Indeed! / Let Them Eat Democracy / Supreme Court: Andy Uba Makes U-turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.