Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off (639 Views)

Governors Forum Set Up Committee For State Police / Babachir Lawal: Disband Sagay’s Committee For Giving SGF Clean Bill – Group / Ikoyi Billions: Fayose Raises Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by Johnnyessence(m): 10:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
Air travelers in Ekiti State won’t need to travel far to catch flights as the state government has set up a committee to ensure the take-off of the Ado Ekiti Airport project.

This was sequel to a meeting held by Governor Ayo Fayose with stakeholders involved in the project

According to a statement issued on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Idowu Adelusi, the committee would start with the marking out of the 2,000 hectares out of the 6,000 hectares of land set apart for the project.

The committee is chaired by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Kayode Osho.

Fayose, while speaking during the meeting, said the state government will start with the construction of a standard air strip and that it could be improved upon in the future.

The governor said with the prevailing financial constraint the state is experiencing, it would be fool hardy to embark on any grandiose project.

“For every project there must be the political will to make it work. No matter how small an airport is, as long as it meets aviation standards, it is acceptable. Even if it is an air strip, we need it.

“We believe in little beginning even though we don’t have the resources now. We are willing and I believe with God all things are possible. The airport must start and we need a standard airstrip that can be improved on in the future,” he said.

Fayose said a fund raising dinner for the project would be held later in Lagos.

Also speaking, renowned lawyer, Chief Afe Babalola (SAN), said he mooted the idea for the state to have an airport in 2009.

Babalola said: “I thank Governor Ayodele Fayose for revisiting this issue. It was in 2009 that I mooted the idea and Federal Government approved Bayelsa, Delta and Ekiti airports and voted money for them.

“All we were expected to do was to look for appropriate place and key into the matter.

Also speaking, a former Minister of Aviation, Babatunde Omotoba, said the approval granted by the FG was subsisting.http://thenationonlineng.net/ekiti-raises-committee-for-airport-take-off/
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by mankan2k7(m): 11:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Fayose, the nightmare of obasanjo
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by tomakint: 11:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Can somebody tell me why the good people of Ekiti will not lay down their lives for this great and action Governor.....I sincerely love this man, Ayodele Peter Fayose, Oshokomole, Irunmole ti ounje jollof rice.

Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by permsec: 1:19am On Sep 17, 2015
The silent achiever! while your Ogbeni neigbhour rumbles with heavy debts, you keep moving ekiti foward.

God bless Gov Fayose OUR role Model!
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by mikolo80: 1:49am On Sep 17, 2015
na WA o. everybody building airport that nobody needs
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by ultrazone(m): 3:35am On Sep 17, 2015
Good move
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by peoplesmandate(m): 4:08am On Sep 17, 2015
I love this man, achieving great feats against all odds..
Re: Fayose Raises Committee For Airport Take –off by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:10am On Sep 17, 2015
Better governor. Apc nightmare.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Bishop Defends Buhari’s Appointments / Buhari Presidency’s Threat To The Trent Online News: Our Position / #akwaibomdakkada: Dakkada!!! A Call To Believe And Achieve | September 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.