Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice (1498 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Whitlow (naturally And Effectively) / See How To Naturally Cure Whitlow; Causes, Symptoms And Natural Remedy. / How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice by odeku95(m): 6:10am On Sep 17, 2015
hello everyone. please I'm being infected with whitlow it's in her early stages. please I need an advice on how to stop it from becoming big.and my finger back to normal thanks
Re: Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice by geniewilliams(m): 10:38am On Sep 17, 2015
A herpetic whitlow, or whitlow finger, is an abscess of the end of the finger caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (the "cold sore virus"wink.It usually affects the fleshy area of the fingertip.
What are the symptoms?
The fingertip suddenly becomes red, swollen and extremely painful.Small white blisters develop underneath the skin of the finger, which may break to release fluid, eventually crusting over.
What's the cause?
There are two types of herpes simplex virus (HSV), type 1 and type 2.
Both HSV-1 and HSV-2 can cause a herpetic whitlow. These viruses can also cause cold sores and genital herpes.
A herpetic whitlow can develop as a secondary infection if you already have a cold sore or genital herpes and you touch the sore area of skin, transferring the virus from your mouth or genitals to your finger.
It can also develop if you touch the sore or blister of another infected person. You're at greater risk of becoming infected if you have a weakened immune system.

The herpes virus remains dormant (inactive) in nerve cells and may reactivate at a later date, sometimes following stress or an illness. This can result in another whitlow at the same site as the first one

If a whitlow does return, it can be treated in the same way, with an antiviral product

If the whitlow returns often, the antiviral drug can be given for long periods of time (years) to reduce the number of times it comes back. This suppressive antiviral treatment will also reduce both the severity of the whitlow and the length of time it takes to heal.

however you can contact this number 07036507238 for the treatment
Re: Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice by tforever(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
aloe jelly and pro polis tablets will help you.. because they prevent infection and contains anti inflammatory properties
Re: Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice by successking401(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
odeku95:
hello everyone. please I'm being infected with whitlow it's in her early stages. please I need an advice on how to stop it from becoming big.and my finger back to normal thanks
if u wouldn't mind,check my signature as regards any thing that spells infection.thank u
Re: Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice by tpiander: 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
see a health professional.

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Excessive Energy Drinks / Benefits Of Using Turmeric Powder / Signs Of OVULATION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.