Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,368 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

4 Reasons Why Women Stand Out As Entrepreneurs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Reasons Why Women Stand Out As Entrepreneurs (418 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Women Stand Out As Entrepreneurs by opssyangel(f): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2015
I particularly didn’t set out to be an entrepreneur, and most women I have come across in the past 5years of my romance with entrepreneurship didn’t also. However, I found out women seem to have a common ground in starting out as entrepreneurs – the need to be financially independent, and this to me, is the strongest reason for starting a business. A lady once told me that she knew her friend was producing and selling a particular product because it was the fastest way she could get out of the financial quagmire she found herself in, even though she didn’t love doing it!
The typical entrepreneurial mindset is that of an independent individual, intensely committed to persevere in starting and growing a venture –OpportunityAnalysisCanvas- and women seeking economic independence are intensely committed to seeing it through irrespective of challenges and even in face of failure.
Today, more women are breaking free from the traditional, gender-specific roles and venturing into the business world, and here are four reasons why women stand out as entrepreneurs:

1. Women are passionate: Being passionate is important in life, for with passion comes the will to persevere and the commitment to see a venture through. Passionate people always have their project on their mind, excited about it and willing to go the extra mile for what they are passionate about. Being passionate as an entrepreneur defines your will to carry on even when there are obstacles.

2. Women are Resourceful: Women are naturally gifted at multitasking; mother, sister, wife, employee, and employer-you name it! With multitasking comes the resourcefulness, which is especially important when dealing with crisis, execution, and flexibility in business, especially at the startup phase of a business when an entrepreneur needs to wear many caps to get things off the ground!

3. Women are great relationship builders: Women naturally thrive in relationships. Stereotypically, women are better known for their relationship skills and collaborative nature; they are considerate, recall little details about moments and events- Great attributes in marketing, customer care and employee relationship management.

4. Women are good learners: Women tend to ask more questions, are less likely pretending to know when they don’t ,more curious and willing to share what they have learnt-great attributes of good learners, which comes is required in starting and growing a business as an entrepreneur.
Although women have to constantly cope with stereotypic attitudes towards them on a daily basis, most women are said to feel more in control and happier with their situation than if they worked as an employee.
So if you are a woman out there wondering if you will make it as an entrepreneur, - quit wondering and go for it!!

http://www.theresourcespace..com.ng/
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Stand Out As Entrepreneurs by adedayourt(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2015
y

(1) (Reply)

Effective Planning: A Prerequisite For Success. Part 1 / Care Breast ,blossom Beautiful With Pink Ribbon Rhinestone Transfers! / Spotlight: World's Greatest Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.