Stats: 3,166,312 members, 7,864,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers (706 Views)

Some Ministers Are Squatting In Abuja - Amaechi / Okoi Obono-Oblo: Buhari Apologises To Senate Over Comments About AGF / Ministers Are Very Important And Not Noisemakers: A Reply To PMB (2) (3) (4)

Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by Titilayodeji13(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s Minister of
Communication Technology (ComTech), Mrs.
Omobola Johnson, has accused President
Muhammadu Buhari of been unfair to ministers
who worked hard, but didn’t make much noise
about it.
Johnson, was reacting to a statement credited
to President Buhari, in an interview during his
three-day official visit to France, where he
stated that it’s the civil servants and
technocrats who do the real job of governance
in Federal government ministries more than the
ministers, who he described as noise makers.
The ex-ComTech minister who reacted to
Buhari’s statement via her Twitter handle
@OmobolaJohnson said: “President Buhari is
being unfair to Ministers who work hard and
don’t make noise. The civil service is broken
and it needs to be fixed.”
However, President Buhari who departed
Nigeria for France on Monday, during an
exclusive interview with France 24 tv François
Picard, on Wednesday, said he intends to stick
with his decision to name his cabinet before
the end of the month, but however, opined that
ministers are only there to “make a lot of
noise.”
Asked if the absence of a finance minister was
affecting the Nigerian capital market and
economy, Buhari said: “No. It is what we know
–and which we learnt from the western
system. The civil service provides the
continuity, the technocrat. And in any case,
they are those that do most of the work.
“The ministers are there, I think, to make a lot
of noise; for the politicians to make a lot of
noise. But the work is being done by the
technocrats. They are there; they have to
provide the continuity, dig into the records and
then guide us, [those of us] who are just
coming in.
“They have been there, some of them for 15
years, some for 20 years. So I think this
question of ministers is political. People from
different constituencies want to see their
people directly in government, and see what
they can get out of it.
“As for the cabinet, I said we will have one by
the end of the month, and time flies. The end
of the month is coming too quickly for my
liking.
“Yeah, I will stick to it. I will send the names to
the national assembly.”
Reminded by Picard that “some have quipped
that the country runs better without ministers”,
the President said: “When you started
introducing me, you said I was around 1983 to
1985. Even then we had ministers. So under
this system, we have to have ministers; and
we are going to have ministers.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/ex-minister-blasts-buhari-over-comments-that-ministers-are-noise-makers/
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by Austin4lif: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2015
This man body odour will mess up this country.
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by philfrey08: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2015
In my opinion the president is there to make noise since most of the work is done by technocrats grin

Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by doublewisdom: 9:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Make them blast am well well. Olodo.

Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2015
Must have been high on gworo. Should have Recalled he was a minister under obj regime
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
But its the truth, they jet around feed fat on public funds loot as well and only give directives, compared to a teacher who works round the clock for money these useless ministers pay their gate men. Buhari ride on.
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by allawizzow(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2015
W
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by LastSurvivor: 10:02am On Sep 17, 2015
I tot they said old people are wiser, this man seems to b the opposite..
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by genearts(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2015
Errrmm.. where is the lambast?? Cos I can't see any.

Vanguard of lies again
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2015
Apc is a joke. Party of the unfit!!!
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by fritiyo: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2015
I think buhari need to calm down for a while if possible.
Re: Ex-minister Blasts Buhari Over Comments That Ministers Are Noise Makers by Bevista: 10:42am On Sep 17, 2015
“The ministers are there, I think, to make a lot of noise; for the politicians to make a lot of noise......So I think this question of ministers is political. People from different constituencies want to see their people directly in government, and see what they can get out of it... "
PMB was probably reacting to all the NOISE from politicians about appointing Ministers, not necessarily to undermine their role.

In any case, some Ministers are actually Noise Makers.

Photos Of Kids Rescued Frm Boko Haram's Captivity Will Break Your Heart / Fire Guts Lagos Inland Revenue Service Office / HID Awolowo Was Never First Lady..