Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Has The Global Crisis Finally Affected The Online World? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has The Global Crisis Finally Affected The Online World? (575 Views)

How Has The Ban On Okadas In Lagos Affected You? / How Has Nairaland Affected The Price Of Garri In The Market? / Implication Of The Global Crisis On The State Governments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has The Global Crisis Finally Affected The Online World? by eastern(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2009
It's no more news that the current crisis licked up the financial portfolio of the world's giants; mega companies turns micro financially, workers are being retrenched, interest rates are heading 0%.

But the most amazing thing to me is that just this morning, i tried accessing facebook.com and it failed to open,tried google.com, the same, i tried others like yahoo.com, bloomberg.com, cnn.com and all not opening, but i tried other unpopular sites including nairaland but they did open as a proof that the problem is not from my internet connection.

The question am throwing to us now is; is it that the crisis has finally hit the online world? could it be that all these above mentioned websites are using one server provider?

I also discovered that the google ads on nairaland are no more displaying, whats going on?

let do some research on this unprecedented issue so we know what to do
Re: Has The Global Crisis Finally Affected The Online World? by agabaI23(m): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
Just opened google, facebook and yahoo.
Not sure what may be wroing with your connection.

Though I noticed some hiccups when i wanted to access my blog but later went through another route.

But google search opened jeje!

Check out your setting or may be your browser

(1) (Reply)

It Is Good To Be In Love / Cover-up At The Barclays Bank Group In Africa / See How Nigerians Are Disgracing Our Country In Oversea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.