Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k (4508 Views)

The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) / To Change The Screen Of Your Ipad And Other Phones / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
Yes, Nigerians have been reacting heterogeneously about Tecno's premium stance with the launch of an addition to its phantom series, the Tecno Phantom 5 which costs N69,999 according to the recommended retail price.

What most Nigerians are saying is that, they'll rather go for another brand even if it is second hand than buy a Tecno phone for 70k/ Yes, we have HTC, BlackBerry and even Sony that sells certain models of their phones at 70k. But then, the question is: are this phones actually better than Tecno Phantom 5.

In my own opinion, I believe Tecno is trying to upgrade their brand to a premium one leaving Infinix, InnJoo and co to the low-end smartphone market. Even though this does not seem to be going on well, Tecno doesn't seem to be a relenting brand.

Where do you see Tecno in 10 years time?

Would you also go for phones with lower features but better brands rather than Tecno Phantom 5?

http://www.techsoly.com/1eSDN
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by wunderkiind(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
#NP: "Jamb Question(s)"

tongue
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
wunderkiind:
#NP: "Jamb Question(s)"

tongue

lol... Can Nigeria just legalize guns?
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by NCP: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
deewhy4ril:
Yes, Nigerians have been reacting heterogeneously about Tecno's premium stance with the launch of an addition to its phantom series, the Tecno Phantom 5 which costs N69,999 according to the recommended retail price.

What most Nigerians are saying is that, they'll rather go for another brand even if it is second hand than buy a Tecno phone for 70k/ Yes, we have HTC, BlackBerry and even Sony that sells certain models of their phones at 70k. But then, the question is: are this phones actually better than Tecno Phantom 5.

In my own opinion, I believe Tecno is trying to upgrade their brand to a premium one leaving Infinix, InnJoo and co to the low-end smartphone market. Even though this does not seem to be going on well, Tecno doesn't seem to be a relenting brand.

Would you also go for phones with lower features but better brands rather than Tecno Phantom 5?

HTC Desire 820 Sony Xperia Z1 and BlackBerry Z30
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
NCP:

Yea, I don't think they have as many features as the Tecno Phantom 5 but they sure gat better brands sha... + all na same price.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by yorex2011: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Xiaomi produces better phones at very good prices...i would go for other brands all day. 70k ke? The phone suppose be like 55k tops.. Umi iron offers similar specs and is 43k plus dedicated site for custom roms and development.. Only diff is umi iron has eye scanner security and this tecno has fingerprint.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by drss(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
NCP:

apart from xperia z1, all d rest are trash.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Mystiq25(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ulefone B touch 2 with similar specs is just 47k, Xiaomi redmi note 2 is 43k.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by temmym4(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Tecno don dey grow wings, Them don forget where they were coming from.

What is a Tecno device if not for the reasonable priced smartphone they offer?

Have they Forgotten the main reason why the African and Asian market wholeheartedly accepted them was because of the affordability of their smartphone?

Won't i go for a better brand rather than buying a Tecno for 70k?

A river that forgets its source would in no time dry up. Keep going beyond your boundary TeKno!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mystiq25:

baba, you dey vex oh.. I still dey consider equally priced phones, you don even get those wey cost less
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
temmym4:

Have they Forgotten the main reason why the African and Asian market wholeheartedly accepted them was because of the affordability of their smartphone?

A river that forgets its source would in no time dry up. Keep going beyond your boundary TeKno!

In my own opinion, I think Tecno is just trying to upgrade their brand with the advent of Infinix and InnJoo that are ready to snatch the low-end smartphone market from Tecno.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Nsonaso(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mystiq25:
Plus UMI IRON @₦43K
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by ChiSun27(m): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
Anything outside BB is a no go area for me...when it comes to SP.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Youngpo413: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Tecno
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by temmym4(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2015
deewhy4ril:

In my own opinion, I think Tecno is just trying to upgrade their brand with the advent of Infinix and InnJoo that are ready to snatch the low-end smartphone market from Tecno.

Upgrade their brand? They run the same processor Innjoo and infinix operates on. Buying a Mediatek processor running device for such an amount of money is a waste in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2015
yorex2011:
Xiaomi produces better phones at very good prices...i would go for other brands all day. 70k ke? The phone suppose be like 55k tops.. Umi iron offers similar specs and is 43k plus dedicated site for custom roms and development.. Only diff is umi iron has eye scanner security and this tecno has fingerprint.

The dedicated site for custom roms and development sounds like a good deal to me :-)

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Craven: 9:36am On Sep 19, 2015
I'd rather get a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua or a Samsung device - not because I find the price to be ridiculous for a Tecno, but because I am not a fan of the brand.

I understand that the price might seem overwhelming, but you have to consider that this is a different device from the other Tecno devices. It comes in a full metal casing, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and a Finger Print Sensor, amongst other things. These things do not come cheap. You don't expect Tecno to invest in these things and then sell the Phantom 5 for chicken change, do you?

Xiaomi makes better phones than Techno, agreed. But if the Redmi Note 2 comes in a metal body and has a finger print sensor, chances are that it would cost more than the Tecno Phantom 5.

I really don't understand the fuss. I just think Tecno is trying to improve on their products, and improvements do not come cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by ribbit: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2015
Mystiq25:
redmi note has better spec
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Mystiq25(m): 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
Craven:
I'd rather get a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua or a Samsung device - not because I find the price to be ridiculous for a Tecno, but because I am not a fan of the brand.

I understand that the price might seem overwhelming, but you have to consider that this is a different device from the other Tecno devices. It comes in a full metal casing, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and a Finger Print Sensor, amongst other things. These things do not come cheap. You don't expect Tecno to invest in these things and then sell the Phantom 5 for chicken change, do you?

Xiaomi makes better phones than Techno, agreed. But if the Redmi Note 2 comes in a metal body and has a finger print sensor, chances are that it would cost more than the Tecno Phantom 5.

I really don't understand the fuss. I just think Tecno is trying to improve on their products, and improvements do not come cheap.
There are many phones that comes with all the things you mentioned gorilla glass, finger print etc but cost about 20k less than the Phantom 5.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Craven: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mystiq25:
There are many phones that comes with all the things you mentioned gorilla glass, finger print etc but cost about 20k less than the Phantom 5.

Please list them, if you don't mind.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Mystiq25(m): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
Craven:

Please list them, if you don't mind.
I will give you three names to check them out.
1. Elephone P8000.
2. UMI Iron.
3. Ulefone Be touch 2.
All of these three have the same features with Phantom 5 yet they are currently sold for less than 50k.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by deewhy4ril: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mystiq25:
I will give you three names to check them out.
1. Elephone P8000.
2. UMI Iron.
3. Ulefone Be touch 2.
All of these three have the same features with Phantom 5 yet they are currently sold for less than 50k.

Waoh! This brands really need publicity oh! who knows them?
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Josh1992: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
drss:

apart from xperia z1, all d rest are trash.
Oga which 1 u dey use
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by Mystiq25(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2015
deewhy4ril:

Waoh! This brands really need publicity oh! who knows them?
I assure you this brands have more publicity than you think, they are international brands known worldwide unlike Tecno which remains unknown even in its native country China
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by xtervaganza(m): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2015
temmym4:

where in Asia market is tecno accepted?

The truth is tecno are not even recognised in Asia

All their shakara ends in Africa
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by JanethEze(f): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Bla bla bla. People are just hating coz they cant afford it. I know someone that got the phone and is very happy he got the Phantom 5 instead of the over expensive iPhone 6
Where do i see Tecno in 10 years time? I see them all over Nigeria and Africa because they are seriously upgrading

deewhy4ril:

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by JanethEze(f): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Oga go and research well. They decided to be based only in Africa in 2008. Africa is their market. Just like you will not see some phone brands in Nigeria but only in America or asia. Think well

xtervaganza:
where in Asia market is tecno accepted?

The truth is tecno are not even recognised in Asia

All their shakara ends in Africa
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by JanethEze(f): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
Na so. Move along

ChiSun27:
Anything outside BB is a no go area for me...when it comes to SP.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by JanethEze(f): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ehmmm what do you mean they are growing wings. Phantom 5 is their flagship phone. Its 70k, Its not for everyone. If you dont have money go buy the cheaper Tecno phones. And all this talk about rivers and boundaries; Yecno is growing and the thing dey pain u. U no get money, buy cheaper one. and who told u asia and africa accepted them because they are affordable? Even though that is the case, Tecno is still one of the most affordable phones in Africa. Will they come and put 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, fingerprint sensor, dolby digital sound, HDD, octacore and sell it for u at 10k?? Think well before you start to talk

temmym4:

Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by xtervaganza(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
JanethEze:
Oga go and research well. They decided to be based only in Africa in 2008. Africa is their market. Just like you will not see some phone brands in Nigeria but only in America or asia. Think well

so what do you want me to research well again? When you just repeated what I had said earlier.

And why would tecno decide to be in Africa only when they can make 10 times more mkney if they move global?

They simply don't have the potential to be a global brand

Deal with it
Re: Tecno Phantom 5: Here Are The Other Phones I Can Get For 70k by drizzypat: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
JanethEze:
Ehmmm what do you mean they are growing wings. Phantom 5 is their flagship phone. Its 70k, Its not for everyone. If you dont have money go buy the cheaper Tecno phones. And all this talk about rivers and boundaries; Yecno is growing and the thing dey pain u. U no get money, buy cheaper one. and who told u asia and africa accepted them because they are affordable? Even though that is the case, Tecno is still one of the most affordable phones in Africa. Will they come and put 32GB ROM, 3GB RAM, fingerprint sensor, dolby digital sound, HDD, octacore and sell it for u at 10k?? Think well before you start to talk

Lol bae why u so pained

Dont mind em

Dey feel a child will always remain a child

There are reasons why apple still creates iphone 5 &5s up till date,even though theyve got a superior

Its called a flagship

And that name is suppose to mean something!!!

Alotta ppl keep mentioning xiaomi sony samsung previous devices

And didnt know xiaomi has a mi pad pro worth over 400$

Or samsung s6 curve worth 410$

Or sony xperia z5 worth 550$

These are flagship device,doesnt mean dey dont own smaller ones

So abeg make una try go easy with them,just as u grow yearly so dey do,u dont expect dem to keep making peanuts everytime all in d name of helping d masses

There will come a time injoo and infinix will also take a step also

So let slide already

Ppl just hate the name TECNO for no reason

Jst because it started very little

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Camon Cx Vs Infinix S2 Pro - Antutu, Gaming, Ram Management And Speed Test / MTN's Recharge Card Pins Is Now 17 Digits In Number.. But Why? / Video - Lagosians React After Seeing An 18 Karat Gold Phone For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.