Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

The Art of Comic Making & Publishing - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / The Art of Comic Making & Publishing (14042 Views)

Whatsapp Group Chat For (digital, Comic And Creative Artists) / Lessons From The Art Of Stone Balancing / I Need Help With Comic Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Millex(m): 3:02am On Aug 10, 2016
DerrickM:
You'll have to improve a great deal on that if you want to create comics. Study of human anatomy & animals is compulsory & non-negotiable on drawing well. Manga Studio Pro isn't free but you can get Inkscape & try it out. If you are in Lagos best you get to Computer Village.

Get inspired by Naija comics:
Comic Republic - www.thecomicrepublic.com
Vortex Comics - www.vortex247.com
YouNeek Studios -www.youneekstudios.com
Shadow Black -www.shadowblack.com.ng

bro sketch book pro too
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Nerdychica(f): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
Well there is nothing u can't get for free on the internet . just need the link to it
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 2:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
Well I guess so but as if you have an Autodesk account you can get SketchBook Pro for free even on Google Play for android or Ipads.

Millex:
bro sketch book pro too
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Lol*To an extent yeah but believe me when I say,there are many exceptions to that rule in terms of apps. You won't find them on the site where you can get others there so easily for real.

Fastest way,open Google & place in the search tab "Manga Studio Pro+free download" I think that will help you asap.

Nerdychica:
Well there is nothing u can't get for free on the internet . just need the link to it
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by penance(m): 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Loving this thread,I love comic art to the extent of applying them when I create tshirt designS.
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by penance(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
loving this thread,I love comic art to the extent of applying them to my tshirt logo designs

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Cool...Keep improving on your art,get graphic tab & also better t-shirt mockups like on www.freedesignresources.net

penance:
loving this thread,I love comic art to the extent of applying them to my tshirt logo designs
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by penance(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hehehhehehe graphic tab ke,I like it old skool pen and paper hehehehehe
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Millex(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
penance:
Lol new school is faster and better
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
penance:
*Smiling to myself while shaking my head*I'll just leave these things for you to do as follows:
Visit www.deviantart.com & the profile links I give you are of Nigerian illustrators based here. You will decide for yourself whether you still want to stay "old skool" forever*winks winks*

http://themikidusbalox.deviantart.com/ IG @thebalox

http://madstanlee.deviantart.com/ IG @thestanch

http://jydekris.deviantart.com/ IG @jydekris

http://oozartz.deviantart.com IG @oozartz

http://bleedinheart89.deviantart.com/ IG @akpangodwin

Millex:

Lol new school is faster and better
Correct guy you gorrit,mehn,owa commarshall*lol*hehehe*
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2016
Visit the Comic Republic's website (www.thecomicrepublic.com) for the latest issues of Avonome & the new series the Visionary. When download these copies you get the chance to get your art featured as their variant comicbook cover art in their next issue. Here's your chance to get skills to a wide audience for free*winks winks*
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2016

1 Share

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Goldenheart(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Pencilled Character

Sorry am late. In my defence Nairaland banned me unlawfully

2 Likes

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Goldenheart(m): 12:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Inking.. ..second stage

1 Like

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Goldenheart(m): 12:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Finally coloured... grin

Pretty easy huh

1 Like

Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Cool process breakdown 1 post could have it all but thanks for the single posts*lol*hahaha*About your being banned so was I for posting here or another thread of mine 5-8th this month. Can you imagine,kilode?!!Good thing am active in other sectors. I love this spidey-burglar looking character. Just would have preferred a lighter backdrop not to hide your shadow shading...Good stuff...be @ComicCon this year...
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by sukkot: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2016
DerrickM:
Comics & their creation started from the following times:

*Prehistoric era of cavemen drawing their stories on the cave walls
*Egyptian heiroglyphics to tell stories of the ascent or descent of gods amongst them
*To the birth of Marvel & DC comics which has set the standard for comic making globally even both respectively owning their own styles of comic script writing.
*Thanks to technology with access to the internet and Lagos ComicCon. The Nigerian Comic Scene is bubbling with the likes of Comic Republic,The Vortex,YouNeek Studios,ShadowBlack,Real Fiction comics to mention a few.

This thread is dedicated to the making of comics,tools for drawing & publishing all the way to how to market them profitably.

Fill free to ask questions & contribute because it promises to be insightful & interesting.

Expecting contributions from the creative people I know...
CC @Rotlan
@Polarbite
@66Kazna99
@Mixter
@Marvluv
@GoldenHeart
@bomking4x

Proudly supported by the Dm3DRev Studeos Blog (www.dm3drev-studeos..com)
bro, tell me more about he bolded.
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
Don't get what you're saying @all,bro.

sukkot:
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by sukkot: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
DerrickM:
Don't get what you're saying @all,bro.

you said the egyptian heiroglyphs were used to tell the story of the ascent and descent of egyptian gods and by that i take it you have deciphered the heiroglyphs and know what it all means. tell me about it. how did you know what the story the heiroglyphs were telling ?
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dude,I don't need to have translated it myself. Seriously?!!*lmao*lol*It isn't me you will kill with that task. Archaeologists have made most of their research available online. It's somewhat general knowledge about the Egyptians fascination with their gods & spiritual objects from books,animation & popular movies. On the walls of their pyramids & several architectural masterpieces also used heiroglyphs & motifs. Naturally mankind is a storyteller & that's why I was giving the history of how comics came about. I learnt the tips from an online course I finished on "Lettering Comics".

sukkot:
you said the egyptian heiroglyphs were used to tell the story of the ascent and descent of egyptian gods and by that i take it you have deciphered the heiroglyphs and know what it all means. tell me about it. how did you know what the story the heiroglyphs were telling ?
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by sukkot: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
DerrickM:
Dude,I don't need to have translated it myself. Seriously?!!*lmao*lol*It isn't me you will kill with that task. Archaeologists have made most of their research available online. It's somewhat general knowledge about the Egyptians fascination with their gods & spiritual objects from books,animation & popular movies. On the walls of their pyramids & several architectural masterpieces also used heiroglyphs & motifs. Naturally mankind is a storyteller & that's why I was giving the history of how comics came about. I learnt the tips from an online course I finished on "Lettering Comics".

yeah but the interpretation of all the egyptologists is fake. they are assigning modern day alphabets to each glyph which is ridiculous so i wouldnt trust what the ' scientists ' say. like there is a huge debate about how to interpret the hieroglyphs or on whether it has been interpreted etc etc wink
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
Bro,you are the one taking this matter to a place i didn't talk about that. Am keeping to the part about telling stories with pictures & that's all. There are lots of things that aren't true but have been accepted. It is not for me to debate & neither is this thread dedicated to that argument but thanks for your contribution so far.

sukkot:
yeah but the interpretation of all the egyptologists is fake. they are assigning modern day alphabets to each glyph which is ridiculous so i wouldnt trust what the ' scientists ' say. like there is a huge debate about how to interpret the hieroglyphs or on whether it has been interpreted etc etc wink
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by sukkot: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
DerrickM:
Bro,you are the one taking this matter to a place i didn't talk about that. Am keeping to the part about telling stories with pictures & that's all. There are lots of things that aren't true but have been accepted. It is not for me to debate & neither is this thread dedicated to that argument but thanks for your contribution so far.

i hear ya. i just thought you knew how to decipher the glyphs thats all because i am myself working on deciphering the glyphs as we speak. anyway stay cool bro
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Millex(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Oga DerrickM nice work, please let's stay on topic Oga Derrick any update on how we can improve our comic skills?
Was reading up some articles on animating nonanimated characters... Really nice.
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by DerrickM(m): 12:44am On Sep 22, 2016
The only way to improve is to draw,draw,draw & practice daily or frequently. Read books, watch cartoons,play games & watch as much video tutorials as you can. Hope that helps Dokita Oluya... grin cool tongue wink

Millex:
Oga DerrickM nice work, please let's stay on topic Oga Derrick any update on how we can improve our comic skills?
Was reading up some articles on animating nonanimated characters... Really nice.
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Polarbite(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2016
sukkot:
Me 2! Lol.
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Polarbite(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Dats my Oga at d top dere@Mr.Derrick! I dey follow una bumper 2 bumper!
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Polarbite(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2016
Dats my Oga at d top dere@Mr.Derrick! I dey follow una bumper 2 bumper! I dom miss sha!
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Polarbite(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2016
So Nerdychica is d first lady?! Hmmmmmm It's gud 2 knw dat dere are ladies in ds game of Comicstry;-):-D
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Nerdychica(f): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2016
Polarbite:
So Nerdychica is d first lady?! Hmmmmmm It's gud 2 knw dat dere are ladies in ds game of Comicstry;-):-D
grin
Re: The Art of Comic Making & Publishing by Polarbite(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2016
DerrickM:
Visit the Comic Republic's website (www.thecomicrepublic.com) for the latest issues of Avonome & the new series the Visionary. When download these copies you get the chance to get your art featured as their variant comicbook cover art in their next issue. Here's your chance to get skills to a wide audience for free*winks winks*
For real?! How sir,cos i dnt rly get?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange But True Picture! / Realistic Portrait Burst Of A Nairalander / I'm an Enthusiast Photographer: Here's My Mini Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.