Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,224 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

How I believe to have been hearing from the true,living God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I believe to have been hearing from the true,living God (480 Views)

Nairalanders Oo!! I Have Been Hearing About Spirits Until Today I Saw One Myself / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / Tree Breaks, Falls On Man's Car: "When You Serve A Living God" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I believe to have been hearing from the true,living God by PRINCESSO2: 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
This is what I learned about prayer to God and it has really been working for me, as I believe I am really hearing from God.

Well, the bible says in James 5 - 16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 17Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 18And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
Romans 8- 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
1- First, you must believe in the Son-
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2- YOU CAN BEGIN WITH THANKSGIVING AND KEEP AT IT.
Philippians 4:6 -Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

So, please don’t be WORRIED AND INSTEAD PRAY,PETITION AND THANK God.

3- NEXT,YOU SAY IN JESUS NAME-

John 14:6-Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

Ephesians 3 - 11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

4 -SAY THE LORD PRAYER-YOU MUST FORGIVE ANYONE WHO HAS WRONGED YOU.
I watched a video of the supernatural and the person claimed to have seen Jesus praying and guess what, he started with the Lord prayer before moving on to say other things to our Father in heaven

IF you want to give your life to Christ, I believe you can stract with the verse 12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors before saying Lord Prayer.
For new believers, I saw a video of a non Christian who was recounting his life and death experience and when giving his life to Christ, he was led to say the verse on forgiveness first before other parts of the Lord’s prayer.

It is written in the bible -
Matthew 6-
9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11Give us this day our daily bread. 12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

4 Time to make your requests known-
YOU CAN QUOTE-Matthew 7 -7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
AND IF YOU FEEL DOUBT,YOU CAN SAY-
Matthew 17:20-And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
OR
Luke 17 - 6And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
If the enemy throws any more at you, remember to reply with the word of God as Jesus did when Satan tried to tempt him.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Yes,we need the word of God.The bible says-James 4:7-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Hebrews 4:12-For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Also, try to keep your prayers a secret. I once watched a video of the supernatural where a lady who did a lot of good deeds told all her good deeds to people so she couldn’t go to heaven as Faith without works is DEAD. James 2:17- Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Matthew 6:6-But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Also, in another video of the supernational, a lady was receiving treasure in heaven for praying in the mornings,i think for members of her church.
Also,
Ephesians 6 -18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
1 Thessalonians 5-17Pray without ceasing. 18In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Also , don’t forget to pray for your enemies-Luke 6-27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you
Also,I think to pray in a submissive way like Kneeling-
Ephesians 3:14-For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
And women should cover their heads when praying-
Also, 1 Corinthians 11:5-But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

James 1:22-But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Of Ekiti In Jerusalem For Pilgrimage - Photos / Was Adam There When Eve Ate The Apple? / What A Great Religion This (islam) Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.