Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Marriage Proposal - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Marriage Proposal (889 Views)

At Last,cossy Orjiakor Gets Marriage Proposal. / Love Proposal: D- Explorer Woo Dyt / A Marriage Proposal To A Female Member Of This Forum Slimyem, Will U Marry Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal by mimigirl(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2006
My boy is a year older than i am. We love each other. I came from from a poor home. He is not doing bad but not rich. He just proposed me yesterday, please what should i do, should i go ahead and accept. My parents aspect me to marry a rich man
Re: Marriage Proposal by Pain(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2006
I dont understand what u mean by he is not very rich. Can U clarify. Is he working? What Kind of Job? Is he Educated? Is he healthy? Are u compatible in terms of genotype?
Can His Present Job take care of 3? I mean U and a the entry of kids, relations and co?

Is he ambitious? What are his prospects? Is he God Fearing? Does he motivate u? Are you yourelf gainfully employed. What are your prospects for the future. Pls answer all this sincerely within before making a move for marriage.

There are severla things that need to be in place b4 u delve into matrimony or elase u would be too busy nurturing one pain or grief that u may
not even have the time or emotional balance to love.
Your zeal for love or lovemaking would die in the absence of Comfortable Shelter, Food, Health, Wealth etc.

Think Deep My Sista. and Good Luck.

I dont wish anyone PAIN.
Re: Marriage Proposal by mimigirl(f): 9:41am On Oct 06, 2006
Thank very much pain. He has all those qualities accept being educated but he is intelligent. For my side, i dropped off school (LASU to be precise) as an english because of the recent increment in school fees. But now i am looking forward to producing igbo gospel songs which i am already done with the demo tape
Re: Marriage Proposal by Coco29(f): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2006
all i have to sayis, love has nothing to do with money, however what i have learned from being in this forum is that i live in london, where a person can not go hungry, and with kids you do not have to work, so i would say based on that you need to think very clearly on this one.

i still think love has nothing to do with money.
Re: Marriage Proposal by mimigirl(f): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2006
He is the only child of the parents. So they really want him to get married sooner. And my parents believe so much in me as the first child, i am confused even as i discuss with now i am me losing him because of my parents. Please any psychologist in house, help
Re: Marriage Proposal by Coco29(f): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2006
modified
Re: Marriage Proposal by Pain(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2006
No Psychologist Can Help U.

U Just Have To Be Truthful To Yourself.

True Love Is Unconditional, But Almost An Ideal Phenomenon In The Raelm Of Man.

Talking About Love In The Raelm Of Man, It Has to Go With Some BAsic Quantities To Add Flavor To It. Make Sure this Ingredients are in Place before delving into Marriage.

Its A soup that would later be thrown at your face when there is nothing to spice it up. True I believe in True Love. I mean didnt the Bible say God Is Love.?

But as For Man? We are Made in the Image of Love. But we aint the real Mc Coy.

Sister Think Well. Both o U seem Handicapped. at least for now.  Or betta still Y not delay it 4 now until say maybe your album is a hit?

Remember No Pain No Gain. Good Things Come to Those Who Wait and Patiently, Though.

Its My 50 Shekels undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal by woleprof(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2006
The only worse thing in life is when u re allowed to be used for someone's selfish purposes.

baby, love is the root of ur relationship if u deny it because of money i promise u you wil regret it.

plz follow your heart, love and instinct.
Re: Marriage Proposal by latoria(f): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2006
marry him
Re: Marriage Proposal by woleprof(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
latoria:

marry him

hmm, money lover in the house
Re: Marriage Proposal by izoneb(f): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2006
Mimi u seem such a sweet and sincere person.However it cant be more than what 'pain' said. goodluck!
Re: Marriage Proposal by mimigirl(f): 10:08am On Oct 07, 2006
@izuneb thank you. Well the parents would allow him wait till next year when my album will on hit by the grace of GOD. But the have insisted on getting a girl for (they grand children urgently)
Re: Marriage Proposal by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2006
follow your heart.
Re: Marriage Proposal by victorian(f): 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2008
Mimigirl, i feel what you are going through , but your parents should try by all means to make sure you are well trained academically not advising you to marry a richman, who will take over their responsibilites as parents. You might end up not loving the richman. And the richman might end up being your worst nightmare
   Even the richman they want you to marry, would want a graduate for a wife and you are not there yet. Its either you accept your lover's proposal to marry, if you are ready for marriage and work with him,pray for him and yourself to have creative ideas and opportunites to succeed in life or you, go back to school and be a qualified graduate, after that you can think of gospel music, if you still want to sing,  Be wise, and think smart and try and go back to school; if you are not ready to marry the one you love,yet.
Re: Marriage Proposal by Easybaby(f): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2008
@poster . . .Go and marry otokoto man and please ur parents tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal by kezy4(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
Dear mimigirl,

From the indications here, your guy loves you and I believe you have stayed with him enough to have known him well and vise versa without prejudice.

If you feel, you love him enough to stay with him forever since he is not doing bad in his cares, go ahead and marry him. There is no reason why your parents should request a very rich man when they cannot foster your school and care for you. You can turn the guy to be rich by unity.

(1) (Reply)

Needs A Husband / I Need A Friend In Enugu / Great Spartans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.