Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,197 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Crack In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crack In Aso Rock (1236 Views)

Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event / Crack In Militants’ Camp Forces Cancellation Of Tompolo’s Meeting / Crack In APC Widens: Buhari, Tinubu Disagree On Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crack In Aso Rock by mekusoil(m): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2006
In spite of our daily experiences in our journey of life, as Nigeria celebrates her 46th Independence Anniversary on 1 October, 2006, there is the need to be grateful to God for His blessing, mercy and protection. This is necessary, because without His grace, Nigeria would have disintegrated due to our lack of sincerity and focus, particularly on the part of most of our leaders, whatever levels, since we attained our independence on 1 October, 1960.

In fact, the current face-off between Nigeria's President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, and his Vice, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, is a glaring example of the type of leadership we have been having in Nigeria – selfish, carefree and oppressive. The rift is gradually dividing the country, and this is very hazardous to the health, unity and dignity of our society. From all indications, the duo and their followers are not fighting for the progress and development of Nigeria, but for their own selfish motives. They have decided to wash and spread their dirty
linens in the public, thereby giving people the opportunity to know how our 'powerful' leaders enrich themselves with the nation's resources rather than serving the people. I pray Nigerians will learn from this and work as a formidable team to elect credible people in the various elections of 2007. We must not allow ourselves to be intimidated by power mongers again. By their utterances and actions, the duo and their supporters have continued to dent
the image of our country, Nigeria. Therefore, they have to end their indiscriminate attacks on themselves, address the real issues involved, and they are to be humble and apologise publicly to us.

Indeed, everyday is for the thief, but one day is for the owner. God definitely has His own ways of doing His own things. Hence, the saying that, "God's delays are not God's denials". He is now revealing to us the nature and characteristics of most of those who force their ways to the corridors of power. As soon as they get what they want, they forget their promises to the populace and begin to harvest their spoils. Definitely, this type of harvest leads to tension and rancour. Unfortunately, things will begin to fall apart, with
individuals striving to save their heads and political relevance, at the expense of the country.

I do not support the idea that the present 'war' in Aso Rock is good for our democracy. Really, it is dangerous and it must stop now to avoid further damage and shame. I believe our combatants are God's children and they have their religions, they have to sheath their swords for the good, integrity and benefit of our country. Any society without the memory of the past has a shaky today and a worthless tomorrow. All well-meaning Nigerians must come together to end this shameful and dangerous face-off. The present crack in Aso
Rock has lent credence to the fact that many of the country's rulers do not work for the national interest. This is why the trend of recycling rulers has become the order of the day in Nigeria. In fact, even when people do not want such rulers who have one way or the other ruined the nation's economy and run down the country's structures, they still manage to wangle their ways to power and continue their misrule of Nigeria.

I would like to suggest here that the current dirty struggle between the President and his Vice is due to jealousy and ambition. This Roforofo fight (courtesy of Fela Anikulapo Kuti) reminds me of one of Fela's songs – You be Robber, I no be Robber, You be Thief, I no be Thief, You be Rogue, I no be Rogue. As the players, including their cohorts, in and outside Aso Rock play their game, they employ crude attacks and counter-attacks, insulting
themselves and disrespecting their revered offices, making themselves objects of derision within and outside Nigeria. As long as President Obasanjo (Grand Commander of the Federal Republic ) and Vice President Atiku (Grand Officer of the Federal Republic) remain in Aso Rock to engage themselves in this struggle for survival, Nigeria tends to remain stagnant. The continued war is disgraceful, scandalizing and embarrassing.

In fact, it is disheartening that the battle was also extended to the burial of the military officers in Abuja on Thursday, 21 September, 2006, where the President and his team decided not to recognise the presence of the Vice President. What lesson are the recipients of the National Awards - Grand Commander and Grand Officer, giving to the youth? What legacy are they preparing for tomorrow today? I hope this face-off will not affect our preparation for next year's elections. Actually, this disharmony is already having its side effects. For example, I cannot understand why the Federal Government of
Nigeria has not recognised officially the teenager, Master Detimbir Chir, who played a leading role in the location of the NAF Dornier 228 plane that crashed in Mbakunu village, Shanger-Ya in the Kwande Local Government Area, Benue State, on Sunday, 17 September, 2006.

"Wherever there are jealousy and ambition, there are also disharmony and wickedness of every kind, whereas the wisdom that comes down from above is essentially something pure; it is also peaceable, kindly and considerate; it is full of mercy and shows itself by doing good; nor is there any trace of partiality or hypocrisy in it. The peace sown by peacemakers brings a harvest of justice." (cf. James 3: 16-18)

(1) (Reply)

The Position Of The Media / Ribadu In London To Attend A Forum Where Atiku Is Guest Speaker / An Open Letter To Seun On The Shameful Behaviours Of Jarus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.