Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Gas Explosion Rocks Portharcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gas Explosion Rocks Portharcourt (413 Views)

Sex-for-bail Scandal Rocks Bariga Police Station / Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna / Sporadic Gunshot Rocks Kano As KAROTA Acts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gas Explosion Rocks Portharcourt by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
BY JIMITOTA ONOYUME
PORT HARCOURT
– About five persons are feared dead in a gas explosion that occurred at a place they sell gas on Eliozu area of Port Harcourt.

Details at press time were hazy. The Rivers state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ahmad Muhammad confirmed the explosion on phone but said he will not comment on casualty until he was sure of the situation. He said the Police was already at the scene of the incident to collate information.

According to him, they were refilling gas at the spot when suddenly the cylinder exploded. He dismissed fears in some quarters that it wasa bomb explosion, adding that the Police will come out with a comprehensive statement on the situation at the end of its finding.

An eye witness who confirmed that the Police had condoned off the area said the death toll could be more than five ” I am sure the number will be more than five because I saw some bodies on the ground when the explosion occurred. I was told it was a gas explosion. I hope this is true”, he said.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/braking-news-5-feared-dead-as-gas-explosion-rocks-port-harcourt/

Mods should please move this.

Cc. Lalasticlala, OAM4J Afam4eva
Re: Gas Explosion Rocks Portharcourt by Imortal001: 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
God rest their soul!
Re: Gas Explosion Rocks Portharcourt by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
All these explosions are becoming quite common in the East........ I hope it is not what I'm thinking.

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 6 For Swallowing $156,000 / Police Nab 3 Pickpockets As They Share Loot / Confession: A 34 Year Old Boy Stabbed His 74 Year Old To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.