Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River (2685 Views)

Buhari Cancels Medical Trip To London, Invites Physicians To Nigeria / Buhari Cancels Visit To Calabar / Amaechi Cancels Visit To Wike's Ward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by lekanolas: 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
The proposed visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to Cross River State for the ground breaking ceremony of the 260km dual carriage superhighway has been cancelled.

A statement signed by Mr Christian Ita, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River, made available to journalists on Thursday in Calabar confirmed the cancellation.

It stated that the decision to postpone the ceremony was communicated to the governor in a letter signed by the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari.

“The presidency attributed the shift to a letter written to the President by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Environment, Nana Fatima Mede.

“She claimed that the proposed highway, if allowed to go on, would cut through the Cross River National Park.

“The letter claimed that the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) on the proposed road was yet to be carried out.’’

But Ita stated that the proposed road would not traverse the Cross River National Park, as the superhighway would be several kilometres away from the national park.

“Based on the input of the Cross River National Park, the road has since been re-routed with the alignment now several kilometers away from the Park.

“As a governor who is passionate about the preservation of the state’s biodiversity with his establishment of the Green Police, he would not embark on a project that would undermine the environment’’ Ita stated.

He said the EIA report on the road was being handled by PGM (Nig) Ltd.– environmental consultants– recommended to the state by the Federal Ministry of Environment.

Ita said the governor would work closely with the Presidency to clear areas of doubt, adding that a new date for the ceremony would be announced later.

http://newsday.com.ng/buhari-cancels-visit-to-cross-river/
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by 4stylz: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
Maybe he is sick

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by officialteemi(m): 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
CALABAR.....not surprise. u never chi chum chin
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Imortal001: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by BishopMagic: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
It's even a state project sef.

I for fear given that the Duara goat hates ND with passion.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by bnovative(m): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
5% region detected: visit deactivated. next!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
I had a feeling this will happen

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by dunkem21(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
The person above me took the words outta my mouth ..

..Dash am one like grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Owoloku1: 9:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
Some people won't read before they comment

Anyway I belive adequate EIA should be done because as much as we need the roads, we also need to protect our wide life.

I just want to believe that after the EIA is done, the road will be well routed and constructed

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
Why flag off a project when the Environmental Impact Assessment has not been concluded. The President is right to await the resolution of the issue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by disloman(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
Some people will still not understand what happened.Things must be done in due process.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by alaoeri: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
PMB following due process.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Ufranklin92(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
am not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Joc86: 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
The governor should forget Buhary and cohorts and do his best.
I'm yet to see SS/SE governor seeking for Buhary attention even Rochas had since lost his mouth.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by bnovative(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Owoloku1:
Some people won't read before they comment

Anyway I belive adequate EIA should be done because as much as we need the roads, we also need to protect our wide life.

I just want to believe that after the EIA is done, the road will be well routed and constructed

But Ita stated that the proposed road
would not traverse the Cross River
National Park, as the superhighway would
be several kilometres away from the
national park.
“Based on the input of the Cross River
National Park, the road has since been re-
routed with the alignment now several
kilometers away from the Park.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Owoloku1: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
bnovative:

But Ita stated that the proposed road
would not traverse the Cross River
National Park, as the superhighway would
be several kilometres away from the
national park.
“Based on the input of the Cross River
National Park, the road has since been re-
routed with the alignment now several
kilometers away from the Park.
He also said the EIA is now being done by PGM that was recommended by the ministry of environment after which the ceremony will be held and the road will be constructed.

There's no where it says Buhari won't attend it after the adequate EIA is done
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by bnovative(m): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Owoloku1:

He also said the EIA is now being done by PGM that was recommended by the ministry of environment after which the ceremony will be held and the road will be constructed.

There's no where it says Buhari won't attend it after the adequate EIA is done

yea! in the fullness of time, it will be constructed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by brixton: 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
Has Buhari visited southern Nigeria since his inauguration?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Owoloku1: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
bnovative:

yea! in the fullness of time, it will be constructed.

Hehe...why don't you wait and see
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by bnovative(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Owoloku1:

Hehe...why don't you wait and see
who owns pgm? I'm just curious.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by omenka(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
Very sure most of these kids around here would rush to spill their guts full of hatred without as much as reading the first line of the article.

If the EIA report flags the project, then indeed it should be re-routed and the flag off rescheduled.

And contrary to the title of the article, the visit wasn't "cancelled" per se, it has only been rescheduled due to the unpreparedness of those who are meant to handle the event. And why on earth would they schedule a flag-off when the Impact Assessment report was yet to be assessed??

Nigerians sef. Hain.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by talktimi(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2015
Obiagelli:
I had a feeling this will happen
are you surprised

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by HAH: 1:44am On Sep 18, 2015
brixton:
Has Buhari visited southern Nigeria since his inauguration?

PMB has not been to any state for state visit since his inauguration, I know you will say he went to katsina and kaduna.

Katsina he went on personal visit to his country house in his hometown daura.

Kaduna he went to NDA passing out parade, infact he did not even enter kaduna town as NDA is along the airport road, and NDA is a federal institution

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by gunuvi(m): 3:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Ghen ghen!!! This Buharis tenure na season film. Ki olorun je ka le wo tan. A so fun yin oooo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by yang(m): 4:51am On Sep 18, 2015
The person I blame is this cross river governor who seems to be another okoroawusa in the making

This Ayade is an Hausa man

Highway that was supposed to have commenced since to change the lives of people

and here we are waiting for a illiterate terrorist paedophile dictator who cannot even point Cross river National Park to you on a map

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:24am On Sep 18, 2015
Why is it difficult for some people to read? Even when they do, they won't comprehend? How is the President expected to flag off a project whose EIA has not been done?
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by laurel03(m): 5:57am On Sep 18, 2015
They will complain again
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by shiffynaani(m): 6:21am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Why is it difficult for some people to; even when they do, they won't comprehend? How is the President expected to flag off a project whose EIA has not been done?
when person is stupid,how do you him comprehend simple logic?
It's stupidity bro
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 18, 2015
talktimi:
are you surprised
No
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by omenka(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Why is it difficult for some people to; even when they do, they won't comprehend? How is the President expected to flag off a project whose EIA has not been done?
It is innate stupidity feeding fat on hatred. Sometimes I dearly wish I wouldn't be sharing the same planet with these guys. They are simply too full of shitt.
Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by yorubatic: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
It is innate stupidity feeding fat on hatred. Sometimes I dearly wish I wouldn't be sharing the same planet with these guys. They are simply too full of shitt.
Just like your hypocrites self...evil and diabolical people

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Visit To Cross River by Flets: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Buhari has become very predictable.

For a state sponsored project .... what the heck is his problem?
Why not contact the state govt to verify the national park intrusion claim before issuing a trip cancellation letter?

At the end of four years, Nigeria will be collection of several nations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Leader Threatens To Destroy Buhari Soonest! / What You Need To Know About End- User Certificates / EFCC With Another Hilarious Reply To Someone Asking Where To Get A Bus To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.