Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico (1091 Views)

Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation / N1.6bn Fraud: I Was Forced To Implicate Jonathan - Dudafa Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by ketekete: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
With due respect, I use this medium as a source of raising alarm to reach the Nigerian Government. On behalf of the Nigerians based in Mexico, We have being trapped in bitter and powerless situation here in Mexico .Nigerians are forced to pay a sum of $650USD over N100,000!!! For a renewal of passport.

I’m aware that not all Nigerians here are capable to pay, The official at the embassy are uncultured and lack the qualities to be regarded as Nigerian Official abroad ,Sadly only few have afforded the fees. They had no receipts issued, some documents are with-held, photos and all data info are being registered. However there are no evidence of such exercise as citizens are forced to rely on perpetual trust with the embassy; of which the embassy claims to have nothing to do with the said activity even though the claimed officers are carrying out such activities in it’s territory. Some Nigerians could testify to this odd discovery! The consulate Mr Barrao Emmanuel said its not his business while some fellow Nigerians named Tony, Mayor and Prince Ogadinmma established every plan with the authorization from Mr Barrao Emmanuel. ( who claims has no business in the act) Many Nigerians are heart broken and stranded as they have no means to comply with this mandatory arrangement. No hope to visit home nor a valid identity. Passports are being with- held. Receipts are not given.

Personal datas are being accessed by these fellow Nigerians whom we know nothing of their backgrounds. The officers do not respond nor interact with us. We are shunned and re-directed to these fellow Nigerians. All means to reach the Consulate and the ambassador during this “mischievous” act have being unsuccessful. We are informed that the Nigerian government refused to sponsor the passport team so we are forced to do so, as its our only means of renewal or we’ll have to wait for four more years.

Please Nigerian Government comes to our aid immediately. Sincerely, (A bittered and worried Nigerian living in Mexico) Lucy O.

Source: http://ketekete.com/nigerians-forced-to-pay-650-for-passport-renewal-in-mexico/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by Ufranklin92(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
cool
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by Blizzle(m): 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
This country sha! Corruption thrives even in our foreign missions SMH
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by mikolo80: 12:35am On Sep 18, 2015
warn the official asking for bribe follow him home burn his house with his family the others will take a hint or right letter to your senator
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by mikolo80: 12:35am On Sep 18, 2015
Blizzle:
This country sha! Corruption thrives even in our foreign missions SMG
that's what happens when you let cancer grow

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by coolitempa(f): 2:02am On Sep 18, 2015
What are you doing in Mexico...na wa for these wandering, aimless desperate and homeless tribe o..... cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 18, 2015
coolitempa:
What are you doing in Mexico...na wa for these wandering, aimless desperate and homeless tribe o..... cheesy cheesy

I have never seen a very special idio$t like you. Do you have a job? This idio$t has 10 other accounts he operartes simultaneously.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by coolitempa(f): 2:08am On Sep 18, 2015
new2020:

I have never seen a very special idio$t like you.

Erosion is a sickness......get Biafra.....I hate tribalists...... angry
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by laffytaffy1: 2:13am On Sep 18, 2015
coolitempa:

Erosion is a sickness......get Biafra.....I hate tribalists...... angry

Ok we've noticed you, now please go crawl into a hole and die.
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by tpiander: 2:20am On Sep 18, 2015
why exactly are Nigerians in Mexico?
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by dustmalik: 3:10am On Sep 18, 2015
tpiander:
why exactly are Nigerians in Mexico?
You guys should stop asking nonsense questions. Aren't there Mexicans in Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by baby124: 3:16am On Sep 18, 2015
Mexico ke Hahahaha. That consulate, thunder faya dem. they are doing yahoo yahoo or drug biz in mexico
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 18, 2015
Most of the Nigerians who reside there are drug dealers, I'm sure they can afford it
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by Demmocrats(m): 3:25am On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by laffytaffy1: 3:32am On Sep 18, 2015
If you think the consulate in Mexico is Bad, go to the one in NY and see.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by M4gunners: 4:06am On Sep 18, 2015
This is what happened when the head is spoiled. I am not surprise at all.
Re: Nigerians Forced To Pay $650 For Passport Renewal In Mexico by ketekete: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2015
So its worldwide?.. But here in Germany we pay only about 155EUR sha for renewal, that is if you live in Berlin. Don't ask me how much I spend last week to renew my passport. What I spent in literally half a day's enough to feed a family of 3 for 3 months in Nigeria. undecided
laffytaffy1:
If you think the consulate in Mexico is Bad, go to the one in NY and see.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Rock Crushes Mother, Three Children To Death In Abeokuta / The Igbos Are Confused!! This Photo Just Confirmed That (see Here) / https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.