Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Big Question About Modern Day Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Big Question About Modern Day Music (473 Views)

Quote Of The Day- Music / AG Entertainment Independence Day Music Promo / Ancient And Modern With Solfa Notation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Question About Modern Day Music by xamuel17(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
music has very much evolved over to past few years. To many people , music is an important part of their way of life. That is to say, you can know a man more from the kind of music he listens to.
my main focus for this post is to talk about the loss of moral sense and values in present day music, more expecially the Hiphop, afro pop, pop and Rnb genres .

hardly will you hear a song on soundcity, hiptv, mtv etc. that doesn't consist of ;
*drugs
*derating and objectifying women
* being above the law
* having causal sex and feeling fine with it
*money
* alcohol
Constant exposure to such materials brainwashes the mind and feeds us with the desire of wanting to be like, act and even dress like the artists that produce does songs. Its a pity we nigerians have a very bad taste when it comes to good music, so our artist's now no longer have to pain stakingly bend write a good song but rather they work under the influence of weed and autotunes (garbage in garbage out).

so, my question is can the music industry ever change the course its sailing into?
Re: Big Question About Modern Day Music by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 18, 2015
The industry was going that way till MI came and made aa difference....
We need a new messiah; watch out for KARO

I promise you would only hear songs and videos that looks like...... Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks http://.youtube.com/watch?v=27d138zhyZQ&hl=en-GB&gl=NG
Re: Big Question About Modern Day Music by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 18, 2015
The industry was going that way till MI came and made aa difference....

We need a new messiah; watch out for KARO

I promise you would only hear songs and videos that looks like......
Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27d138zhyZQ
Re: Big Question About Modern Day Music by xamuel17(m): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2015
will give it a try. hope it wont be a waste of mb
Re: Big Question About Modern Day Music by Awesomeking: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Me and my colleagues are already working on that..we made a music revolution group..in order to change the route nigerian music industry is taking..
Re: Big Question About Modern Day Music by OasisofRefuge(f): 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
@op, yes if only the masses, stop liking those kind of songs.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Jaywon – “gbawo” Ft. YQ (prod. By Young John) / Download Full Album: Olamide- Eyan MayWeather / Kiss Daniel × Wizkid Set To Drop A New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.