Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC (839 Views)

Senate Plots Zero Allocation For EFCC Over Magu / Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / Federal Government Releases Funds For EFCC, ICPC To Try Ex-Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 18, 2015
https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt299dmutg7g9.116e8701.jpg
Benue state ex-governor, Dr Gabriel Suswam,
who is being probed by his successor, Samuel
Ortom, has opened up for the first time on
corruption allegations leveled against him.
According to The Nation, Suswam stated that he is
not scared of the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission (EFCC), adding that the probe may have
set a bad precedent in the state and anyone could
be next on the line.
Former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam

The ex-governor also explained that the Peoples
Democratic Party’s loss in the last general election
was as a result of the party’s negligence.
During a solidarity visit to him and his wife, Mrs
Yemisi Doorshima in Abuja by 17 PDP leaders,
Suswam noted that since he did not probe his
predecessor, he was not expecting that his
successor would probe him.
“On the probe going on in Benue State, it is not that
one is afraid but once a precedent is set, it is a
double-edge sword. You don’t know whose turn it is
tomorrow, you don’t know tomorrow.
“When I became the governor of Benue State, I met
some issues on ground but I resolved it amicably.
When there are issues, let us talk about it amicably
instead of grandstanding. This remains my
approach to life but to go and do grandstanding. I
encourage us in Benue to toe the path of peace.

“What we want is a better Benue. I moved Benue
State forward, I hope the next administration will
build on the developmental strides we achieved. We
want peace in our state, we don’t want violence.
“After a long period of time, if you are used to
winning all the time, you begin to take things for
granted. We lost election because we took a lot of
things for granted.
“There were many issues we did not attend to on
time. We have experienced something which has
resulted in ‘had we known.’ That is why we are now
at the receiving end.
“But God creates this kind of situation so that we can
learn. When God called Moses, it came with fire.
What happened to us is God talking to us.
“The PDP is still intact in Benue, the elders are intact
and that is why they have come to meet with me, the
opposition leader. And it comes with a lot of pain,”
he narrated.
The former governor is also listed alongside two
others, who are presently being monitored by the
EFCC, following reports that loots worth billions of
naira were discovered.
https://www.naij.com/554328-ex-gov-efcc-watch-expresses-regrets-reveals-truth-corruption-allegation.html
Re: Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 18, 2015
What to type self.?. Probe probe everywhere.... Will they ever move forward with something better and stop this loopsided probe activity...
Re: Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by hola106(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Okay nw dat s gud news
Re: Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by Aufbauh(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2015
If this man Suswam is not properly probe and prosecuted then the primary essence of the Change movement will be defeated in Benue State.
Gabriel Suswam run the state like a personal estate with crash arrogance, sheared impunity and over bloated ego demanding services from the people he is supposed to serve. He subjected a lot of families to an untold hardship because of his high handedness in governance.
I can't forget so quickly how my late step mum a retired headmistress could not get a dine from the state government either as pension or gratuity after 10 months into her retirement before her demise, nor to talk of my dad a retired Director with the state government who have put so much and get delaid pension and gratuity after 8 years of retirement. Posterity will not be kind to those in position who oppress those whom they are meant to serve.
Re: Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by coldsummer: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Suswan does not need any firm if trial at all. That guy needs to be hooked for life and all his assets including the hotels in dubai and South Africa confiscated. The evil that that man did to Benue...was unimaginable.

Annoyingly, the new apc government is building on it. All Orton does is to update his Facebook status and snap pictures.

Aufbauh my mum has been retired for 3. Not a dime has been paid to her.

Benue is in trouble.
Re: Suswam Expresses Regrets, Says He Is Ready For EFCC by cmart09(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2015
Bloody thief

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbo Presidency Has Been Unachievable Since 1979 / Anambra Monarch And Villagers In Turmoil Over Land Tussle / Afenifere Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Yoruba land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.