Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau (4218 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Buhari/Osinbajo Asset Declaration: Nigerians On Twitter React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2015
I am not a fan and has never been a fan of Senate President Olubukola Saraki (I don't hate him either). I don't dislike him because he's a fulaniman/Yorubaman neither do I dislike him because he's a member of the ruling All Progressive Congress. It is a fact that I am an admirer of Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso despite his affiliation to the APC and his fulani ancestry. The point is that neither partisanship nor ethnicity can influence my likeness or otherwise for any individual or politician.

Prior to the March 28 election, I vehemently opposed Saraki's bid to the Senate. My position was (and still remains) that Senator Saraki be made to face justice on alleged crimes against Kwara people and depositors of the defunct Societe Generale Bank. Unfortunately, the APC shouted that he was a change agent and brought him to the Senate. In a twist of event, the same APC started shouting that he was unfit to be elected into the highest office in the National Assembly even after bringing him to the Senate. Some of us threw our weight behind Saraki's bid not because we sincerely wanted him but because we had to send a message to the APC and others that "you can't anoint a person of questionable integrity as a Catholic cardinal when it favors you and turn around to say the person is unfit to be the pope because it doesn't favor you" (sincere apologies to the catholics).

Since his exit from the seat of power in Kwara state there has been shocking revelations detailing Senator Saraki's role in the alleged looting of Kwara state treasury coupled with the police report that detailed his alleged role in the looting of Societe Generale Bank along with some members of his family; his father the late Sola Saraki and sister Gbemisola were indicted. The alleged actions of Saraki and his cohorts led to the collapse of SGB, of which lots of innocent and hardworking Nigerians lost their means of livelihood.

When the report of his alleged false declaration of asset before the Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) came to the limelight, my position was that he should be prosecuted before the Code of Conduct Tribunal(CCT). When it was reported that the CCB was to kick start his prosecution today (18/09/2015), I so welcomed it. I believe that irrespective of political affiliation we must support the fight against corruption as long as it follows proper channel. Nigerians of good conscience must back this move by the federal government through CCB.

The "social media" defence that Saraki tried to put up by whipping political sentiment is lame. Neither Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland nor any mainstream media is a court of law. Saraki should explain himself to the Judge instead. The argument by some of his supporters that it was a 2003 offence is also lame. Criminal offence has no expiry date as long as it hasn't been cleared by a court of competent jurisdiction.

It is on record that Saraki is not the first former Governor to be tried by CCB. Ex-Lagos state Governor Bola Tinubu was also tried by CCB on allegation of operating foreign account while he was governor of Lagos state. A charge that he was acquitted of in 2012. Saraki is also not the first senate president to be tried. A former senate president Adolphus Wabara was arrested and tried along with 4 other Senators and 3 Representatives on allegation of receiving N50million bribe from then education minister Fabian Osuji in April 2005. He resigned and faced his crime, but was acquitted in 2010 on technical ground. Saraki is not the first Senator either.

I believe that moral and social justice demand that Nigerians of good conscience support the move of CCB on behalf of the Kwara people and all victims of his alleged loot. Not just for only Saraki but to all those that have cases to answer. The federal government of Nigeria has done well in this regard.

May God Bless Us All

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by madridguy(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2015
May God bless you Barcanista for this insightful write-up. I know so many PDP e-warriors will be mad at you for saying the truth but you have said your own. PDP need person like you to be a good opposition not all those empty heads looking for way to drag our Nation backward all the name of opposition. If you don't mind you can have my " Amala and Gbegiri/ewedu soup " for this wonderful write up. God Bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Imortal001: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2015
Thank you mr TonyeBarcanista!
This change we vote for, is for real dont you think so?
All the sleeping agencies of government are fully awake now; the body language of pmb is good for this nation.

1 Like

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by nusta(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Political witch hunt...why didn't they punish him even before he became a senator?
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2015
nusta:
Political witch hunt...why didn't they punish him even before he became a senator?
Oga, nobody is punishing him. His sins has only found him out! Is it a false charge? If No, he should face his punishment. If yes, he should explain himself to the judge. The most important thing is that the legal process be followed.

8 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by MichealEmeritus: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Barcanista, must you comment on every issue?

Is it a must that you reply to every political event in this country?

Is Nairaland your permanent place of work? You seem to be on here 24/7.

Now I know u may have a short memory but you openly campaigned for the election of Ekweramadu to be the DSP, your new party PDP joined forces with Saraki to go against APC party guidelines.

You joined the thousands of PDP minions who celebrated the emergence of Saraki as Senate President, now in your usual flip-flopping and unstable manner, you are making up all these nonsense just to appeal to sentiments.

We do not need you to tell us that Saraki deserves to face Justice. That is the exact reason why majority of Nigerians booted your Hero, GEJ out of power and elected PMB to clear this mess.

Instead of all these nonsensical posts, tell us the change PDP will bring in 2019, what are you going to offer Nigerians? Will PDP finally publicly apologise to Nigerians for 16 years of misrule?

Finally, my sympathies for your expulsion from Facebook, what happened?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Bevista: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
How patronizing?! Someone should please check if that moniker has been hacked.

Better late than never bro. You can't go wrong being on the right side of the truth.

1 Like

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by 9jii(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Today
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Beremx(f): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2015
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2015
The case is already in court. It is only the courts and not the public that will decide

2 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by stuff46(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2015
Exactly!
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
No be Tonye? Tomorrow, we fit hear another talk. The only difference between you and a chameleon is that you are human.

7 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by kennydee05(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not a fan and has never been a fan of Senate President Olubukola Saraki (I don't hate him either). I don't dislike him because he's a fulaniman neither do I dislike him because he's a member of the ruling All Progressive Congress. It is a fact that I am an admirer of Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso despite his affiliation to the APC and his fulani ancestry. The point is that neither partisanship nor ethnicity can influence my likeness or otherwise for any individual or politician.

Prior to the March 28 election, I vehemently opposed Saraki's bid to the Senate. My position was (and still remains) that Senator Saraki be made to face justice on alleged crimes against Kwara people and depositors of the defunct Societe Generale Bank. Unfortunately, the APC shouted that he was a change agent and brought him to the Senate. In a twist of event, the same APC started shouting that he was unfit to be elected into the highest office in the National Assembly even after bringing him to the Senate. Some of us threw our weight behind Saraki's bid not because we sincerely wanted him but because we had to send a message to the APC and others that "you can't anoint a person of questionable integrity as a Catholic cardinal when it favors you and turn around to say the person is unfit to be the pope because it doesn't favor you" (sincere apologies to the catholics).

Since his exit from the seat of power in Kwara state there has been shocking revelations detailing Senator Saraki's role in the alleged looting of Kwara state treasury coupled with the police report that detailed his alleged role in the looting of Societe Generale Bank along with some members of his family; his father the late Sola Saraki and sister Gbemisola were indicted. The alleged actions of Saraki and his cohorts led to the collapse of SGB, of which lots of innocent and hardworking Nigerians lost their means of livelihood.

When the report of his alleged false declaration of asset before the Code of Conduct Bureau(CCB) came to the limelight, my position was that he should be prosecuted before the Code of Conduct Tribunal(CCT). When it was reported that the CCB was to kick start his prosecution today (18/09/2015), I so welcomed it. I believe that irrespective of political affiliation we must support the fight against corruption as long as it follows through proper channel. Nigerians of good conscience must back this move by the federal government through CCB.

The "social media" defence that Saraki tried to put up by whipping political sentiment is lame. Neither Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland nor any mainstream media is a court of law. Saraki should explain himself to the Judge instead. The argument by some of his supporters that it was a 2003 offence is also lame. Criminal offence has no expiry date as long as it hasn't been cleared by a court of competent jurisdiction.

It is on record that Saraki is not the first former Governor to be tried by CCB. Ex-Lagos state Governor Bola Tinubu was also tried by CCB on allegation of operating foreign account while he was governor of Lagos state. A charge that he was acquitted of in 2012. Saraki is also not the first senate president to be tried. A former senate president Adolphus Wabara was arrested and tried along with 4 other Senators and 3 Representatives on allegation of receiving N50million bribe from then education minister Fabian Osuji in April 2005. He resigned and faced his crime, but was acquitted in 2010 on technical ground. Saraki is not the first Senator either.

I believe that moral and social justice demand that Nigerians of good conscience support the move of CCB on behalf of the Kwara people and all victims of his alleged loot. Not just for only Saraki but to all those that have cases to answer. The federal government of Nigeria has done well in this regard.

May God Bless Us All
Could this be true?
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by nusta(m): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga, nobody is punishing him. His sins has only found him out! Is it a false charge? If No, he should face his punishment. If yes, he should explain himself to the judge. The most important thing is that the legal process be followed.

I'm not aganist his prosecution. If he is guilty, then he should be punished. But the trend in this country seems that corrupt politicians are only punished when they are not in good terms with the power brokers. Or is there any former governor without a skeleton in his cupboard no matter how small?

2 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by viktagorion: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2015
I agree with you Barcanista.

We should all collectively fight corruption irrespective of our political leanings.

If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria.

9ja will be great again.
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

this is pure witch hunting, there are many political office holders with false declaration of assets, i don't support poo, you saw The way tinubu's case ended, this is rubbish

2 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2015
Make I invite Tomakint..

Bevista:
How patronizing?! Someone should please check if that moniker has been hacked.

Better late than never bro. You can't go wrong being on the right side of the truth.
Patronising? The only entity this article is patronising is Nigeria, Kwara state people and the victims of SGB. It is also a testament that the new and restructured PDP will not tolerate nor condone corrupt practices and will support legal processes to be followed against any accused person instead of press/media trial.

1 Like

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by omenka(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2015
...message to the APC and others tha "you can't anoint a person of questionable integrity as a Catholic
cardinal when it favors you and turn
around to say the person is unfit to be
the pope because it doesn't favor
you" (sincere apologies to the catholics).
Much as it hurts me to comment on your thread, I'd like to tell you that you are a pathological liar trying to pass yourself off as someone with credibility. Only fools like yourself take you seriously.

You deactivated your old account so traces of things you said in the past would be wiped off.

You said a couple of months ago that "I supported Saraki just to spite the APC". But now you lie through your teeth that your support for him was for some other reason. I bet you can deny that now and ask for a proof because you know the record is no longer there.

Keep deceiving yourself and those who think like you. Only them care about your opinion.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by CyberWolf: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2015
I don't give a fvck about Saraki..If they like, they can even kill him. It's none of my business..All the PDP supporters defending Saraki, is he paying you people? What do you stand to gain from him?...

BTW, can someone enlighten me on what the constitution says regarding the ouster of the Senate President?

1 Like

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by ochejoseph(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2015
‎A lot Nigerians lost their life savings in Société General Bank

Depositors fund's were further used to wipe out Sarakis bad loans in Intercontinental transforming shares holding certificates to mere tissue paper! 

whether this trial will go the way Tinubu's own went we don't know but Those hard working Nigerians who lost billions to these syndicate deserve justice.

I align with TonyeBarcanista  Nigerians should support CCB to unravel the truth

4 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2015
kennydee05:

Could this be true?
Have you seen me shielded Saraki before?
TolaOluwatosin:
this is pure witch hunting, there are many political office holders with false declaration of assets, i don't support poo, you saw The way tinubu's case ended, this is rubbish
I followed the Tinubu's case and I supported his prosecution. However, he was acquitted... What should I have done? This is same way I supported the prosecution of Adolphus Wabara. Same way I'm calling for the prosecution of all those that commit crimes.. But I don't support newspaper prosecution. Hence, I always write "Take your evidence to court".
nusta:

I'm not aganist his prosecution. If he is guilty, then he should be punished. But the trend in this country seems that corrupt politicians are only punished when they are not in good terms with the power brokers. Or is there any former governor without a skeleton in his cupboard no matter how small?
I agree that most times only "enemies' of the government are prosecuted but the fundamental thing is that they (the accused) should answer for their case irrespective of whether or not the powerbrokers like their faces. Being a political opponent of the government is not a licence to immunity from prosecution on crimes perpetrated.
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista, what exactly were your thoughts when you saw the pictures of Tony Elumelu sitting across the table from PMB; negotiating on behalf of France as opposed to his home country Nigeria, ably represented by Mr President...this is a man whom helped build up a middle-class that PMB's policy and style of governance is gradually eroding? Pray, do tell...do you mind doing a trilogy on this in relation to your published article on Ministers not being noise makers? Thank You

cc:
SteveCantrell, WombRaider, Sincere9geriqn, Billyonaire, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by dunkem21(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2015
..I support Saraki 1000% ..

..My reason is simple .. APC says he is good, a changed man and a change agent ..

..Saraki delivered bloc votes for the APC ..

..My only question is also simple ..If Saraki had allowed Lawan to be Senate President, would this false asset declaration charge come up now

5 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2015
CyberWolf:
I don't give a fvck about Saraki..If they like, they can even kill him. It's none of my business..All the PDP supporters defending Saraki, is he paying you people? What do you stand to gain from him?...

BTW, can someone enlighten me on what the constitution says regarding the ouster of the Senate President?
A Senate President can be removed via impeachment by 2/3 members of the Senateors present provided they constitute a quorum. He also automatically loses his seat as Senator and Senate President upon conviction on criminal offence by a court or competent jurisdiction. He also loses his seat via recall by members of his senatorial district.
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by engineerboat(m): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2015
nusta:

Let saraki go to the court and clear himself, if he's not having any skeleton in his cupboard.
Kwarans need explanations on how he spends their money in his tenure.

1 Like

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by FreeGlobe(f): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2015
I will never support a charade. Let the CCB come out straight on Buhari's asset declaration first, if what Buhari's media aide disclosed as Buhari's assets is what Buhari submitted to CCB (Just like with his certificate to INEC), then CCb has lost every morality to try Saraki

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Have you seen me shielded Saraki before?

I followed the Tinubu's case and I supported his prosecution. However, he was acquitted... What should I have done? This is same way I supported the prosecution of Adolphus Wabara. Same way I'm calling for the prosecution of all those that commit crimes.. But I don't support newspaper prosecution. Hence, I always write "Take your evidence to court".

I agree that most times only "enemies' of the government are prosecuted but the fundamental thing is that they (the accused) should answer for their case irrespective of whether or not the powerbrokers like their faces. Being a political opponent of the government is not a licence to immunity from prosecution on crimes perpetrated.
my position is clear, i don't support witch hunting, everyone should be persecuted not perceived opponents or when you fall out of favor from the power blocs, its pure rubbish, that Timi Sylvia case was stalled by buhari, while pdp is being hunted, and ameachi is walking around free, its nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by hassan85(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2015
All i knw, u hacked barcanista account. U not the true barcanista.

3 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:59am On Sep 18, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
@TonyeBarcanista, what exactly were your thoughts when you saw the pictures of Tony Elumelu sitting across the table from PMB; negotiating on behalf of France as opposed to his home country Nigeria, ably represented by Mr President...this is a man whom helped build up a middle-class that PMB's policy and style of governance is gradually eroding? Pray, do tell...do you mind doing a trilogy on this in relation to your published article on Ministers not being noise makers? Thank You

cc:
SteveCantrell, WombRaider, Sincere9geriqn,
Hopefully, by tomorrow or next it should be done. Thanks
ochejoseph:
‎A lot Nigerians lost their life savings in Société General Bank
Depositors fund's were further used to wipe out Sarakis bad loans in Intercontinental transforming shares holding certificates to mere tissue paper! 
whether this trial will go the way Tinubu's own went we don't know but Those hard working Nigerians who lost billions to these syndicate deserve justice.
I align with TonyeBarcanista  Nigerians should support CCB to unravel the truth 
Thanks brother mi! Good to have you here once again. This is a testament that the renewed PDP is one that is built on patriotism and will never support nor shield corrupt practices.

3 Likes

Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by CyberWolf: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

A Senate President can be removed via impeachment by 2/3 members of the Senateors present provided they constitute a quorum. He also automatically loses his seat as Senator and Senate President upon conviction on criminal offence by a court or competent jurisdiction. He also loses his seat via recall by members of his senatorial district.
Yea, I know of all these. What I wanna know is, in the case that he loses his seat via one of these reasons, will the deputy senate president automatically become the senate president?
Re: False Asset Declaration: Nigerians Must Stand With Code Of Conduct Bureau by engineerboat(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
Much as it hurts me to comment on your thread, I'd like to tell you that you are a pathological liar trying to pass yourself off as someone with credibility. Only fools like yourself take you seriously.

You deactivated your old account so traces of things you said in the past would be wiped off.

You said a couple of months ago that "I supported Saraki just to spite the APC". But now you lie through your teeth that your support for him was for some other reason. I bet you can deny that now and ask for a proof because you know the record is no longer there.

Keep deceiving yourself and those who think like you. Only them care about your opinion.
why do we like to create mountain out of valley like this.
What is the difference betwn what he siad then that he has not said again now, dont u read where he said 'not that i'm a fan of saraki, but i support his emergence to send a message to APC' any difference bewten 'to send a message to APC' and 'to spite APC', moreso what has deactivating account got to do with activating a new moniker. Barcanista, have u haerd of Barcansta also.
Back to saraki issue, let saraki go and explain himself to the CCB if hes found guilt and failed dat is even a moral booster to the corruption mantra of APC and also on record of first party Sitting senate president to be sent to jail,
also if hes free, let him clear his name from this mess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pics: OBJ Deserves 2 Years Jail Term For This Insults On Fayose! / Jilli Attack: Nigerian Army Suffers Heavy Casualty, 62 Soldiers Killed / I Am Scared This Man Might Win This Election, Nawa #pmbingombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.