Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,399 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones (26142 Views)

Chrome OS Tablets Are Official—meet The Acer Chromebook Tab 10 to be launch / 5 Ways You Answer Phone Call In Public That Make You Look Local / Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Youngpo413: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
MARKone:
OP, it varies and solely depends on what the end user intents doing with the device. You will not tell me that a graphic designer, code writer or a heavy gamer will refer a Tablet Pc to a high end Laptop Pc.
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by 360dreezyjones(m): 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
LaurelP:

pls how much is dat nokia? and how big is d screen and memory?
lolz..was only joking with that oo cos I was refering to "nokia torchlight" grin
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by AJboi(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
And wot about Laptop nd desktop grin grin grin
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Mrmooh(m): 11:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
Innjoo f2 best and cheap tablet.I recommend it for u guys

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Krisben4343: 3:59am On Sep 19, 2015
Well, you are either advertising a product or you copied this trash from somewhere. I was opportuned to own a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition. I also use Samsung galaxy note 4. In fact there is no difference between a tablet and a good phablet. A tablet is only a glorified smart phone using the same mobile OS. After sometime I was bored carrying the same expensive product. It doesn't make sense. I disposed off the Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet and got a Microsoft surface pro 3. This is both my tablet and a full fledged computer. I do my PDMS, core draw. excel spreadsheet, and all my office application I need for my business like I would if am using my desk top or laptop computer.
In conclusion, get a good phablet and a laptop. And you are good to go with your computing. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by tomiobj(m): 4:51am On Sep 19, 2015
YCT:
1. Portability
Tablets are thin and light. If you have a MacBook Air, or an ultrabook, the distinction may not seem as significant, but when it comes to most laptops, a tablet is thinner, lighter, and more portable by a long shot. When you’re carrying around a bag all day, the difference between one pound and five pounds adds up. Speaking of bags, most laptops require their own luggage to transport from Point A to Point B, but you can grab a tablet on your way out the door like you’re picking up your keys or sunglasses.

2. Functionality

The tablet may not be as versatile as a laptop in the functionality department, but it is significantly better than a smartphone. Tablets have larger displays that give you more real estate to get real work done. In fact, with larger tablets the display is on par with smaller laptops, allowing you to get more done. Of course, the virtual keyboard uses up half the display, so you have less screen to work with when you’re actually working. Regardless, though, tablets beat smartphones when it comes to being productive.

3. Less Cumbersome

Have you ever tried to get work done on a laptop while riding in a taxi, or during a flight? It’s not fun. It is a project to lug the device out, and then you have to find some relatively flat, stable surface to set it on. It has to be flipped open to view the display or type on the keyboard, so that rules out any use while walking around (at least for anyone with common sense). A tablet is easy to just turn on and use in any environment.

4. Battery Life

Most tablets have battery life that is far better than laptops. Laptops are steadily improving in the longevity department, but most would still struggle to make it through a full work day, and many won’t make it to lunch. Tablets on the other hand, seem to last forever even when pushed to the limits.

5. Flexibility

A tablet sits somewhere between the smartphone and laptop in most areas, and flexibility is no exception. In many ways, a tablet can fill the role of a laptop and perform most, if not all, of the same functions. But, the tablet is also more versatile. Most can take photos, or shoot videos in addition to allowing video chat and conferencing. They also work nicely as e-readers (or in some cases the e-reader has evolved into a tablet) for accessing an entire library of books on the go. Some of these things are technically possible, but ridiculous in a practical sense with a notebook.

A tablet is ideal for some tasks, and suitable for many, but there are still a variety of scenarios where a laptop or smartphone might be a better choice. Consider the pros and cons of each mobile device, and choose the best tool for the task at hand.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/247387/5_ways_tablets_are_better_than_laptops_or_smartphones.html
1. If u want a portable pc. U can get a 9 or 10 inch windows 8 hybrid... no need to refer to phones here
2. Issalie. U can get some smartphones that r better than mmost tabs. E.g the samsung s6 is bera than almost if not all tecno tabs ever created and can do more things that are versatile. My blackberry q10 is more productive than an average tab and the screen is square and small. If a tab is more productive..why do you always see a desktop on the desk of the receptionist/secretary in most places. The ability of tabs are limited
3. You also can't get work done on a tab. Because it can't be used I handed and you will have to set it down at the end of the day using a laptop bag is optional btw. U can get a portable 1 or a hybrid if u want to be carrying it around. Most tablets have broken. Screens because of this
4. This 1 is not even a joking matter. Android tabs can consume battery like Madd. With the power demanding os and d constant need to connect to d network which wastes battery. But a laptop can actually be shut down to stop all processes. But aa tab will just waste ur battery and time when booting. The batteries of laptops are even bigger than that of tabs
5. If u say a laptop cannot video chat/ take pictures...I won't even answer you again
You could have come up with better points than these. Like accessibility of the tab (easy to bring out nd put back without avn to shut down). Ability to use mobile apps (instagram) fully. Calling, sms. Etc
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by murmee: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2015
MadCow1:
Bollocks..

As long as tabs don't have USB ports, Laptop markate can never fall.
Well said. I wonder why tablet makers dont think of adding USB port(s) to the device. It will make a lot of difference.
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by VIPICO(m): 10:56am On Sep 19, 2015
Which tablet, in your opinion, has the longest battery life, please.
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2015
Acidosis:
Stop comparing tablets and laptops, they serve different purpose.

Can you install Microsoft Excel or SPSS software on your tab? Can you run complex statistics and big data analytics on a tab? Please stop deceiving the masses.

You haven't heard of MaximaOnAndroid? It's a Computer Algebra System on the android platform

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by gsalvatore: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
martineverest:
Surface pro 3doesnt exist in naija.except surface rt and surface2,which are tablets
Surface Pro 3 is in Naija.

i know someone that has it...

Very slick beast..
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
VIPICO:
Which tablet, in your opinion, has the longest battery life, please.
Cube talk 9x (10000mah battery) or Cube t9 or Cube i6
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

That's f.cuking madd

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by fromnigeria(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
YCT:
1. Portability
Tablets are thin and light. If you have a MacBook Air, or an ultrabook, the distinction may not seem as significant, but when it comes to most laptops, a tablet is thinner, lighter, and more portable by a long shot. When you’re carrying around a bag all day, the difference between one pound and five pounds adds up. Speaking of bags, most laptops require their own luggage to transport from Point A to Point B, but you can grab a tablet on your way out the door like you’re picking up your keys or sunglasses.

2. Functionality

The tablet may not be as versatile as a laptop in the functionality department, but it is significantly better than a smartphone. Tablets have larger displays that give you more real estate to get real work done. In fact, with larger tablets the display is on par with smaller laptops, allowing you to get more done. Of course, the virtual keyboard uses up half the display, so you have less screen to work with when you’re actually working. Regardless, though, tablets beat smartphones when it comes to being productive.

3. Less Cumbersome

Have you ever tried to get work done on a laptop while riding in a taxi, or during a flight? It’s not fun. It is a project to lug the device out, and then you have to find some relatively flat, stable surface to set it on. It has to be flipped open to view the display or type on the keyboard, so that rules out any use while walking around (at least for anyone with common sense). A tablet is easy to just turn on and use in any environment.

4. Battery Life

Most tablets have battery life that is far better than laptops. Laptops are steadily improving in the longevity department, but most would still struggle to make it through a full work day, and many won’t make it to lunch. Tablets on the other hand, seem to last forever even when pushed to the limits.

5. Flexibility

A tablet sits somewhere between the smartphone and laptop in most areas, and flexibility is no exception. In many ways, a tablet can fill the role of a laptop and perform most, if not all, of the same functions. But, the tablet is also more versatile. Most can take photos, or shoot videos in addition to allowing video chat and conferencing. They also work nicely as e-readers (or in some cases the e-reader has evolved into a tablet) for accessing an entire library of books on the go. Some of these things are technically possible, but ridiculous in a practical sense with a notebook.

A tablet is ideal for some tasks, and suitable for many, but there are still a variety of scenarios where a laptop or smartphone might be a better choice. Consider the pros and cons of each mobile device, and choose the best tool for the task at hand.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/247387/5_ways_tablets_are_better_than_laptops_or_smartphones.html

It depends on purpose.
Can i write a Program with a tablet?
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
MadCow1:
Bollocks..

As long as tabs don't have USB ports, Laptop markate can never fall.

usb OTG - just sayin'
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
wah about d injoo leap series which are tablets that are near PCs.Runs normal windows OS.
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by VIPICO(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
EMMAACHILE:

Thanks Emma
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
I
Dbrainiac1:
cool Gallantly blazing the latest Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 grin

Bro pls drop your whatsapp contact.. I want to get a Sammy s2 also pls.. smiley
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by awule: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2017
Student E-Learning Application & Tablet @ N30,000
Quality e-Learning Experience
on the Go!

Nigeria company develops an e-learning App that enables Students pass their JSCE, SSCE, JAMB exams with flying colours

AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Contains the following

· Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
· Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
· No internet required
· Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
· A personalized learning dashboard
· A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
· Progress reports via SMS
· Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
· Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
· A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
· Special private tutorials for you
The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,

FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App

Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

RE SELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.

How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!
.TO BECOME A RESELLER CALL/ WHATSAPP: 08036911296, 08033264815,
LAGOS OFFICE
Bethelmndels Int?l Ltd
27, Atunikeolabanji street, off John Olugbo street, Through unity Road, Ikeja Lagos, 08180065490
http://mendelsedutablets.com

Re: 5 Ways Tablets Are Better Than Laptops Or Smartphones by sporceszodar198: 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
Are you looking for a new mobile phone or tablet in Lagos? With the ever-evolving technology, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest and greatest mobile phones and tablets. Our review covers the latest models from top manufacturers such as Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, and more. To learn more about the top mobile phones and tablets in Lagos, check out our full review at thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/10/mobile-phones-tablets-in-lagos-reviews-prices-in-2021/. Whether you are looking for the latest flagship model or an affordable budget phone, our review has something for everyone.

To learn more about the top mobile phones and tablets in Lagos, check out our full review at thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/10/mobile-phones-tablets-in-lagos-reviews-prices-in-2021/. Whether you are looking for the latest flagship model or an affordable budget phone, our review has something for everyone.

Whether you are looking for the latest flagship model or an affordable budget phone, our review has something for everyone.

So get ready to shop, and check out our review today!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G / Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy / E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.