Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb (875 Views)

Injuction Restraining INEC From Removing Eyitayo jegede as PDP candidate / Saraki In Fresh Move Against CCB Trial / Saraki: Court Of Appeal Ilorin Fixes Judgement For Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by abolyem(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
See below extract from ACT that set up Code of Conduct Bureau:

RULES OF PROCEDURE AND INSTITUTION OF PROCEEDING
(1) The rules of procedure to be adopted in any prosecution for the offences under this Act before the Tribunal, and the forms to be used in such prosecutions shall be, as set out in the Third Schedule to this Act.

[Third Schedule]

(2) Prosecutions for all offences referred to in this Act shall be instituted in the name of the Federal Republic Nigeria by the Attorney-General of the Federation or such officers in the Federal Ministry of Justice as the Attorney-General of the Federation may authorized so to do,

(3) For the purpose of this section, the Attorney-General of the Federation may - after consultation with the Attorney General of any State in the Federation, authorize any officer of the Ministry of Justice or the State concerned to undertake any such prosecutions directly or assist therein; or

If the Tribunal so requests, or if contingencies so dictate authorize any other legal practitioner in Nigeria to undertake any such prosecution or
assist therein:
Provided that the question whether any authority has been given in pursuance of this subsection shall not be inquired into by any person.

(4) Any person accused of any offence referred to in this Act shall he entitled to defend himself in person or by a person of his own choice, who is a legal practitioner resident in Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by idolda: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok
Re: What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by abolyem(m): 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Saraki might be wrong afterall
Re: What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by jimi4us: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thiefnubuu at work. he has failed before, i know he will fail again.
Re: What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by abolyem(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Is Tinubu FG that is prosecuting him? me i feel Buhari is behind this
Re: What Nigeria Consitution Say About Saraki Court Injuction Against Ccb by themilanway(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
abolyem:
Is Tinubu FG that is prosecuting him? me i feel Buhari is behind this

Is Buhari the CCB?

(1) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Gives Fat Officers 3 Months Deadline To Lose Weight / . / Utter Callousness: Buhari Remains Silent Hours After Boko Haram Unleashes Mayhem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.