Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,748 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

What Could Have Been The Reason? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Could Have Been The Reason? (639 Views)

Nairaland State The Reason Why You Were Ban From Nairaland / The Reason Why True Christains Reject Christmas Celebration / The Reason I Have Beef With Airforce1! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Could Have Been The Reason? by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 12, 2009
Just got a shocking news that a friend commited suicide. And i can't stop asking my self what could make someone in this age and time do a thing like that. This brings my question "can depression cause this or is it an act of manipulation by evil forces" help me make sense of this.
Re: What Could Have Been The Reason? by Gabry(f): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2009
I once attended a seminar about commiting suicide. . .

In Europe, they said that commiting suicide is due to people having stress having to do a particular task over and over again like for instance dentist. . . thats why the rate of dentist commiting suicide is the highest compare to other professions.

But in America and in Asia, they said commiting suicide is due to people having self pity on theirselves.
Re: What Could Have Been The Reason? by Sissy3(f): 8:08am On Apr 13, 2009
yes depression especially clinical depression and also bipolar disorder plays a huge role in suicide cases. there is a big correlation between the two. when a person is depressed, they feel worthlessness, hopelessness,loneliness, [external and/or internal,] negativity and all the bad thoughts goes through their minds and when this person is in such position, they decide that it is better to kill themselves believing that life is no longer worth living, that death would mean no more pain/ emotionally/physically cox depression is not only an emotional thing but also physical one. so taking their lives would mean the end of it. so that's why when a loved/friend/relative is depressed it is best to offer them help very early start by listening, listening is the keyword here cox if left untreated suicide is most oftentimes the next route.

there are also other causes of suicides like substance abuse, recent loss it could be in a relationship/ job/ a loved one etc

(1) (Reply)

Why Cant We Legalize It / Guys, Do U Prefer Virgin Girls To Disvirgined Ones? / Yar’adua Orders Okah’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.