Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

(BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest (1110 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - September 2015 / Appeal Court Stops Saraki’s Arrest / CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by flourish001(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
Justice Danladi Umar of the Code of Conduct Tribunal has ordered that a bench warrant should be issued on the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, for failing to appear to answer charges bordering on assets declaration.

Details later. . .

—————————————————————————–

Senate President Bukola Saraki’s trial for alleged false declaration of his assets when he was governor of Kwara State has begun at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

The Prosecution Counsel, Mr. Muslim Hassan, asked the tribunal to issue a bench warrant against Saraki for failing to appear before it.

Hassan faulted the Federal High Court for granting the ex parte motion halting Saraki’s arraignment.

He argued that the Federal High Court had coordinate jurisdiction with the tribunal and as such, had no powers to halt trial of the
Tribunal.

The Defence Counsel, Mr. Joseph Daudu, however, prayed the tribunal to adjourn the case until after the Federal High Court sitting on Monday.

Meanwhile, the Chairman tribunal, Mr. Umar Danladi, adjourned the case till 1.30pm for a decision to be taken.

http://www.punchng.com/news/sarakis-trial-on-false-asset-declaration-begins/
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by DuchessLily(f): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by Chanchit: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
Eziokwu! Even me weh no be politician know say the senate presido chair this man go drag no go end well.

1 Like

Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by otabuko(m): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
As in arrest my own OLUBUKOLA SARAKI.... APC is still their own self opposition party!

2 Likes

Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by tayebest(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
otabuko:
As in arrest my own OLUBUKOLA SARAKI.... APC is still their own self opposition party!

Bros, This is anti-conrruption war and can witch hunt anyone irrespective of who you are!

1 Like

Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by wengerjay(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good for them
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by makzeze: 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
SARAKI MUST BE REMOVED AT ALL COST.

1 Like

Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by ChappyChase: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Well, what can I say?
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by CharlesPhc: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Does the Immunity Clause of the Constitution of the FRN (Section 308) cover a sitting Senate President? No...!!!
Is there any Section of the Senate Rule and Enthics that says a Sitting Senate President can not be arrested, invited or warrant of arrest issued by a Tribunal?

While i feel Bukola Saraki may not escape this one, i still feel the CCT may miss the process of charges against him on technical grounds thereby jeopardising the trial. A Deputy Director in the Ministry of Justice does not have the right to authorise a case on behalf of the FG against a sitting Senate President, only the AGF and Minister of Justice can. This is an afront on the Legislative Arm of Government (The NASS) and bet me, some section of the NASS will resist the move by the FG by threaten to also pay the Executive back

1 Like

Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by GERARAHIA: 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
hmm
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by Welrez(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by otabuko(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
tayebest:

Bros, This is anti-conrruption war and can witch hunt anyone irrespective of who you are!
well, I just hope there's nothing more to it....
Re: (BREAKING NEWS) Assets Declaration: Court Orders Saraki’s Arrest by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Blame the game! Naija politics is dirty, wonna get dirty, play dirty. I don't need to be told that had it been Saraki didn't go against d party's will , he wouldn't have found himself in d mess he is right now! This is exactly what happened to Ribadu, the big and mighty came for him and before we could say jack, he was blacklisted.

SARAKI PELE OOO

(1) (Reply)

PIC: Shouldn't These Nigerians Be Waving Nigerian Flags Instead Of Brooms? - LIB / Iraq Agrees To Share Intelligence On ISIS With Russia, Syria And Iran / Finally, I Present To You The Ministerial List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.