Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting (3635 Views)

Which Network Has The Best 4G Service In Lagos Currently? / What Network Has The Lowest Call Tariff And Plan? / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bongolistik(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Earlier this year, we talked on how Glo network is trying to overtake Airtel in terms of browsing sluggishness, but we noticed that after that period, Glo picked up and there was considerable stability and increase in browsing speed and other services in general.

But now, as if the whole network improvement recorded during those periods is gradually going up in flames again, as anywhere you now turn to, you will hear people complaining on how poor the Glo network has become these days in their locations.

From Enugu to Delta, people are complaining about Glo network; from Sokoto to Kano, similar complaints have been heard recently, and even from Lagos to Ibadan such complaints are not devoid from such locations.

Here on African most populous online forum, all you could notice recently, are most people lamenting on how Glo network is currently frustrating the hell out of them.

It is either you hear them complaining about not being able to check their Glo account balance for the past week or you hear other complaints of not being able to migrate from one Glo plan to another; while for some it is that browsing with their Glo network these days is slower than a snail and a slug combined together.

Now the big questions are; is Glo the only network in the country, but why is it that Glo is the only network currently making headlines throughout this week and beyond for the wrong reasons?

And the answer I assure you is not far-fetched, because when you hear large number of people complaining in such manners, then you should know that something is definitely wrong somewhere about the said network.

And I am calling on Glo network providers to fix up things as quickly as possible otherwise they will witness mass porting of subscribers to other networks this season.

Glo should take the case of Airtel as a typical example, where up till this very moment, lot of folks still dread the name Airtel whenever it comes to browsing; as many Airtel subscribers ported away from the Airtel network in droves, immediately Airtel started zapping internet data the way ordinarily people will suck up a bottle of zobo juice with straw within a twinkle of an eye.

“A stitch in time saves nine” if Glo will continue this way without stepping up their game in no time, then I fear that what happened to airtel as described above will also befall them.

And you all know that when people port away from one network as result of poor service delivery, it will take similar to turning a stone into bread before you can win them back to your network.

Source: http://highteknology..com/2015/09/is-glo-network-poor-these-days.html
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by parrotibaba(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mehn u r not far from the truth, to download 10mb stuff even on 3G na wahala, to browse na wahala. The network speed is horrible, like 3kb horrible. Anyways hoping it will be better cos I can't go back to that "Zap - Tel of a network.

1 Like

Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by ChappyChase: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
Na wah oo....
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
I have stopped using the simcard since. I was frustrated by it network , last time I use it, I almost spoil my phone not knowing that it is their network, but when I insert my emptyhen wow
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by okitikpo: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gloooooooooooooooo with poooooooooh
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Ijaya123: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
I beg to disagree. The opposite of all you wrote is my experience here.

1 Like

Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by yhellow(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Glo network suck seriously
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by donjon: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
It fluctuates , currently browsing with it!

I watch YouTube videos without buffering , d tin fast die!
But sum times, it plain sucks

1 Like

Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
Dumped the poo network a very long time ago...
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Warlord3000(m): 4:21am On Sep 19, 2015
Different strokes for different folks
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by chumakk: 8:41am On Sep 19, 2015
I don't complain. I port.

4 Likes

Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by baba11(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2015
My Glo internet network is very okay here base on the Nigerian standard

Infact,I never regret since I started using it two weeks' ago shocked
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bobbyluis(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Ah dunno shaa,but the network misbehaves @times,4 example to get network in my house,u have to stand at a particular place.
Move from there and watch the 'H' move 'h'
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by greatestman(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2015
I have constant 3G with my Glo here in Bauchi, this post you dey see na Glo BIS I dey use.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2015
And i dont think they're ready to do something bout it's very poor Network.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2015
bongolistik:
Earlier this year, we talked on how Glo network is trying to overtake Airtel in terms of browsing sluggishness, but we noticed that after that period, Glo picked up and there was considerable stability and increase in browsing speed and other services in general.

But now, as if the whole network improvement recorded during those periods is gradually going up in flames again, as anywhere you now turn to, you will hear people complaining on how poor the Glo network has become these days in their locations.

From Enugu to Delta, people are complaining about Glo network; from Sokoto to Kano, similar complaints have been heard recently, and even from Lagos to Ibadan such complaints are not devoid from such locations.

Here on African most populous online forum, all you could notice recently, are most people lamenting on how Glo network is currently frustrating the hell out of them.

It is either you hear them complaining about not being able to check their Glo account balance for the past week or you hear other complaints of not being able to migrate from one Glo plan to another; while for some it is that browsing with their Glo network these days is slower than a snail and a slug combined together.

Now the big questions are; is Glo the only network in the country, but why is it that Glo is the only network currently making headlines throughout this week and beyond for the wrong reasons?

And the answer I assure you is not far-fetched, because when you hear large number of people complaining in such manners, then you should know that something is definitely wrong somewhere about the said network.

And I am calling on Glo network providers to fix up things as quickly as possible otherwise they will witness mass porting of subscribers to other networks this season.

Glo should take the case of Airtel as a typical example, where up till this very moment, lot of folks still dread the name Airtel whenever it comes to browsing; as many Airtel subscribers ported away from the Airtel network in droves, immediately Airtel started zapping internet data the way ordinarily people will suck up a bottle of zobo juice with straw within a twinkle of an eye.

“A stitch in time saves nine” if Glo will continue this way without stepping up their game in no time, then I fear that what happened to airtel as described above will also befall them.

And you all know that when people port away from one network as result of poor service delivery, it will take similar to turning a stone into bread before you can win them back to your network.

Then port to another network. Since glo bis started working on android via tweaking, the network has grown from bad to worse. It's so unfortunate that our indigenous network is having issues that hasn't being resolved yet. Poor customer care, poor service delivery, poor marketing team, inconsistency in service delivery just to mention a few. If care isn't taken, airtel or etisalat will supersede them soon. The funniest thing is that they are reluctant to resolve these issues or send an apology sms instead they send messages like " do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month. This isn't funny at all
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bongolistik(m): 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Then port to another network. Since glo bis started working on android via tweaking, the network has grown from bad to worse. It's so unfortunate that our indigenous network is having issues that hasn't being resolved yet. Poor customer care, poor service delivery, poor marketing team, inconsistency in service delivery just to mention a few. If care isn't taken, airtel or etisalat will supersede them soon. The funniest thing is that they are reluctant to resolvhe these issues or send an apology sms instead they send messages like " do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month. This isn't funny at all
Lol "do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bigtt76(f): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
Ona nr disturb una sef jooooor! It will happen to all networks soon and the reason is not far fetched ....improvement in public power supply. Most base stations are now being run on public power supply which though regular is not too steady and fluctuates. This in turn leads to power quality of service from the stations grin
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Youngpo413: 5:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Ijaya123:
I beg to disagree. The opposite of all you wrote is my experience here.
same here.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Youngpo413: 5:50am On Sep 20, 2015
bongolistik:

those imei tweak thieves are the ones complaining,they should buy a legal data plan to experience the power of glo network.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Seamareggae(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Youngpo413:
those imei tweak thieves are the ones complaining,they should buy a legal data plan to experience the power of glo network.
Lol.. So glo bis is illegal...
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by yimagire: 7:03am On Sep 20, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Then port to another network. Since glo bis started working on android via tweaking, the network has grown from bad to worse. It's so unfortunate that our indigenous network is having issues that hasn't being resolved yet. Poor customer care, poor service delivery, poor marketing team, inconsistency in service delivery just to mention a few. If care isn't taken, airtel or etisalat will supersede them soon. The funniest thing is that they are reluctant to resolve these issues or send an apology sms instead they send messages like " do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month. This isn't funny at all
" do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month." lmfao. but seriously,I would say mtn sucks morer. at this rate,which network seems stable and safest to use for max web surfing,calling and less useless network inbox texts that always cost 50 bucks? i had to put my fone on flight mode 3 tyms b4 posting this. emptyehn;nowhere you go
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by sexy74(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2015
Youngpo413:
thats not trur, i bought data and the service has been worse than ever, you cant open pages easily.
my prayer for them is that the way they frustrated my life this month, may their base station get destroyed for that. For all they made me lose may they lose customers like that.
most of all may they remain unstable until they fold up.
Their actions are wicked, they collect your money and want you to render service for them instead of the reverse.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bongolistik(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2015
yimagire:
" do you know that catch all the witches in your house" simply send 'catch" to 33055 now for N50/month." lmfao. but seriously,I would say mtn sucks morer. at this rate,which network seems stable and safest to use for max web surfing,calling and less useless network inbox texts that always cost 50 bucks? i had to put my fone on flight mode 3 tyms b4 posting this. emptyehn;nowhere you go
When you want to talk solely of Internet speed, then don't call out MTN cos they are trying very well on that considering the volumes of subscribers they handle as compared with other networks. Etisalat was only able to beat MTN on that because of their network is the least populated. I bet you that if etisalat subscribers ever near that of MTN, their Internet and browsing speed will crash to the floor. Even at that MTN is still the best in downloads. You can quote me anytime anywhere
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Youngpo413: 7:36am On Sep 20, 2015
sexy74:

thats not trur, i bought data and the service has been worse than ever, you cant open pages easily.
my prayer for them is that the way they frustrated my life this month, may their base station get destroyed for that. For all they made me lose may they lose customers like that.
most of all may they remain unstable until they fold up.
Their actions are wicked, they collect your money and want you to render service for them instead of the reverse.
it depends on the location then,here in Ikot Ekpene,glo is the fastest,infact all networks are very fast here and I don't know why.Unlike Aba.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by bongolistik(m): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2015
Youngpo413:
it depends on the location then,here in Ikot Ekpene,glo is the fastest,infact all networks are very fast here and I don't know why.Unlike Aba.
Imagine! And Aba is near Ikot Ekpene. Governor Ikpeazu must hear this
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Youngpo413: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2015
bongolistik:
Imagine! And Aba is near Ikot Ekpene. Governor Ikpeazu must hear this
lol,he must start with creating good roads first,Aba roads are nothing to write home about,network ish may come later.
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by eightsin(m): 8:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Youngpo413:

bro, it is same thing.... airtel is now faster than it when it comes to browsing. whatever the cause they should endeavor to correct it ASAP. just that i like patronizing our African products
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Krest3d: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2015
I use glo bis on my BB OS 10 device; 1k for 3gb a month. The last subscription I did which expired 2 days ago was left with about 1.5 gb of data, simply because the network had become so bad that I couldn't even finish up my data. Very annoying and an eyesore that leaves me wondering what tha hell Mike Adenuga and his team are doing... I have ditched my glo sim and subscribed for etisalat's 1 gb for 1k. It's more expensive with less data but at least now I have peace!
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by Krest3d: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2015
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by simdam500(m): 10:34am On Sep 20, 2015
Glo is fvcked! But I still love it
Re: The Current Poor State Of Glo Network Has Gotten Most People Lamenting by okitikpo: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2015
simdam500:
Glo is fvcked! But I still love it
your love for glo will never grow old... Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Free Airtime Online DAILY Using This Method And See Payment Proof / Cheapest Android Phones With Fingerprint Sensor In Nigeria / I Buy Scrap Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.