Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:54 AM

Christians In Sport – David Luiz - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christians In Sport – David Luiz (447 Views)

David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria / Stop Losing Money In Sport Betting (secret You Need To Know) / Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christians In Sport – David Luiz by lifegiva2: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2015
I often wonder how many sportsmen will make it to heaven because of the careless lifestyles most of them live as a result of their paychecks.

But this is not the reason I am writing this article. I am writing this article to bring out sportsmen/women who are strong in the faith and to encourage and inspire us that where ever we are and no matter the pressure we face from our profession, we should stand strong. And here we have our first and my most favorite sportsman, DAVID LUIZ.

The reason I like David is that he is never shy to show and display his belief in God. One proof of this is that as a defender he is likely not to score too many goals but whenever he does he goes to the corner of the field, kneels down, lifts his hands and head up to show appreciation to God for the goal scored. He also did something similar to this when Chelsea FC won the champions league. While every other Chelsea player went crazy after the winning penalty was scored, he ran to the side of the field, knelt down and started thanking God.

Another proof was when one of his teammates in Chelsea then, Fernando Torres was having hard time scoring. Live and before the match began, David Luiz laid his hands on Torres and prayed for him and Torres scored twice in that match. Though funny to most people who saw it, I saw it as an extension of faith and boldness- something most Christians are afraid of doing.

Continue reading here; http://www.lifegiva.com/2015/09/19/christians-in-sport-david-luiz/

(1) (Reply)

What!? 8 Players In The Iranian Women Football Team Are Actually Men / NY Red Bulls Vs Montreal Impact - Major League Soccer USA - Free Betting Tip! / WATCH LIVE MATCH Online:russia V Montenegro & Sweden – Moldova

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.