Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,652 members, 7,854,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice (292 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice by FUKNACE: 9:57am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello Everyone i need some advice ok. So i just Graduated from a University With Third Class cg-pa :2.08. so i studied Languages and Linguistics. i have always wanted to work with international agencies. i have a vision that i will be an ambassador someday. my result is killing me. so i know i have read posts here about 3rd class doing professional courses and all and am on the verge of going to a private university to do international relations. Some friends Say i should do pg and masters its all good ideas but this is a hard decision and i don't want to regret it later if any have ideas please fill me in. I have a Delf diploma in french A1 level tho. if you guys know it. i need ideas.
Re: Advice by yanabasee(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2015
You have not entirely given the house a clue of what advise u're seeking for...

If I may understand you... You want to know if you should do a master or if the 3rd class will be good enough to forward ur studies?

Most Universities take 3.0cgpa as a standard grade for MAs programmes... But most federal universities also allow even 3rd class gradauates to do a direct master's programme... But it's the location and the programmes offered that makes ppl get discouraged.

Just take a PGDiploma and then study int'l relations and then do your masters on it. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Advice by FUKNACE: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
yanabasee:
You have not entirely given the house a clue of what advise u're seeking for...

If I may understand you... You want to know if you should do a master or if the 3rd class will be good enough to forward ur studies?

Most Universities take 3.0cgpa as a standard grade for MAs programmes... But most federal universities also allow even 3rd class gradauates to do a direct master's programme... But it's the location and the programmes offered that makes ppl get discouraged.

Just take a PGDiploma and then study int'l relations and then do your masters on it. Goodluck!

what i want to know if it is better to do another degree or just do pgd and masters
Re: Advice by yanabasee(m): 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
FUKNACE:

what i want to know if it is better to do another degree or just do pgd and masters

I'd prefer you do pgd and masters...as pgd will give u more knowledge of ur cause and more opportunity to meet people in ur related causes that are also aspiring for greater opportunities in that field and ideas shared will make u learn better... Before going for masters.

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Pl Sql Online Training / Project Topics And Materials Fine And Applied Arts / Unizik 2015/2016 Admission Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.