Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate (44713 Views)

How Buhari Shut The Mouth Of ‘blood Suckers’ In Nigeria – Northern Group / "Stop Exploiting Buhari’s Ill Health" - Northern Group Tells Yoruba Leaders / Buhari's Health: Save Nigeria Group Gives 74 Hours Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:
I won't be surprised when, after all these needless brouhaha, Saraki still remains the SP. Afterall, Nigeria is a country where citizens wait for nature and karma to decide the fate of political actors instead of insisting on the enforcement of existing laws and procedural rules.

God save our country!
All former senate presidents that have cases of allegation hanging on them were forced to resign. Enwerem, Okadigbo and Wabara all resigned. In the HoR, Salisu Buhari (Toronto) and Etteh resigned.

#SarakiMustStepDown.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by omenka(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Then where is that liar that said nothern leaders have waged war against the SW because of saraki?

Seun needs to start banning these liars on NL
Did you see the fool attach a source to the useless post?? When I read it I simply ignored it.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by EdCure: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
All former senate presidents that have cases of allegation hanging on them were forced to resign. Enwerem, Okadigbo and Wabara all resigned. In the HoR, Salisu Buhari (Toronto) and Etteh resigned.
#SarakiMustStepDown.
Agreed, Saraki has the slimmest of all chances. But you will also agree with me that the dynamics have changed. Party cohesion and descipline is lacking and a minority member is now Deputy SP - against the wish of the ruling party.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

#SarakiMustStepDown.

Ode!! They were not forced to resign!! Some of them had to resign in the face of inevitable impeachment!! In this case does not even have the simple majority let alone the required 2/3 needed to impeach him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:

Agreed, Saraki has the slimmest of all chances. But you will also agree with me that the dynamics have changed. Party cohesion and descipline is lacking and a minority member is now Deputy SP - against the wish of the ruling party.
Saraki's case gone beyond party tussle. His resignation, which APC will welcome, won't end his travail. He may, as the CCB rules say, lose his seat or his property.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Saraki's case gone beyond party tussle. His resignation, which APC will welcome, won't end his travail. He may, as the CCB rules say, lose his seat or his property.
Until then!!! BTW just know that saraki will appeal what ever unfavourable ruling is given by the CCT while retaining his position even up to the supreme court and this can take up to 4 years to decide

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ode!! They were not forced to resign!! Some of them had to resign in the face of inevitable impeachment!! In this case does not even have the simple majority let alone the required 2/3 needed to impeach him
Mumu, if anything made those senate presidents and speakers to resign, it could have also led to their outright impeachment from the NASS if they had stuck to their seats.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by abduljabbar4(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
omenka:
Did you see the fool attach a source to the useless post?? When I read it I simply ignored it.

Honestly seun needs to start penalizing some of them.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Omololu007(m): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Is there any correlation between the northern groups and nigeria politics for them to speak a statement of this magnitude openly, is it because saraki is not a full northener? Hausa tribe is the main problem of nigeria.
you are daft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by tomakint: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
EdCure:
I won't be surprised when, after all these needless brouhaha, Saraki still remains the SP. Afterall, Nigeria is a country where citizens wait for nature and karma to decide the fate of political actors instead of insisting on the enforcement of existing laws and procedural rules.

God save our country!
My brother this one is a different case......as a matter of fact by this coming Friday a New Senate President would have emerged. Saraki is a goner cool

5 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mumu, if anything made those senate presidents and speakers to resign, it could have also led to their outright impeachment from the NASS if they had stuck to their seats.

Exactly!! But in saraki's case his opponents do not have the numbers to impeach him hence he will not resign.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:

My brother this one is a different case......as a matter of fact by this coming Friday a New Senate President would have emerged. Saraki is a goner cool
Saraki is going no where. He'll remain the Senate president. All these are just noises.
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Duru1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The Northern Ethnic Nationalities Unity Congress (NENUC) yesterday called for the resignation of the Senate President Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

The call came just as the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) secured a bench warrant for the arrest of the embattled Senate President by the CCB Tribunal over allegations of false declaration of assets dated back to 2003.

The group said the Senate President should resign before he drags the image and reputation of the office he presently occupies further in the mud.

The Nation Newspaper reports that the National President and Convener of the group, Mr Bako Benjamin, said it is disgusting that the Senate President would rather be seeking court’s protection than going before the anti graft agency to clear his name of the charges.

“Let the Senate President come to equity with clean hands. Let him defend himself against all the charges levelled against him in the spirit of the new wind of change blowing across the country,” Benjamin said.

He said the anti-corruption war spearheaded by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration would be futile if people like the Senate President continue to seek protection from the law courts rather than presenting themselves for the acid test.

Benjamin, who noted that the recourse to the court itself is an admission of guilt, said: “Seeking protection from the law courts is sending a strong signal that he (Saraki) has something to hide.”

The group, he said, has therefore given the Senate President a three-day ultimatum to honourably resign to prevent impeachment proceedings against him for his eventual removal from the exalted office.

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2015/09/19/northern-group-gives-saraki-3-days-ultimatum-to-resign-as-president-of-the-nigerian-senate/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The bolded lacked human intellect in its formation as well as in the thought process. What the hell is Northern ethnic nationalities? These jackasses just realized that Hausa-Fulani is longer in vogue.

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by philips70(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Saraki see your life? grin

As for APC, I am glad that they are using themselves to fight themselves. After you guys have eaten yourselves, PDP will finish all of you in 2019 in a manner that you will NEVER recover for decades.

#SarakiFaceYourCrime #PowerToThePeople

This little dream of yours is making you sound very naive barcanista. In 2019 the PDP will have no place in national politics. You guys have no Tinubu in your party and you know what that means. Moreover, have you forgotten the PDP is now an Ijaw party according to Jonathan and Alams? Or are you talking about ND republic?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by hinwazaka: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
Who cares what an inconsequential group of hired islamist thugs want. If they know they were actually sired by their fathers, they should go and flex their muscles in the National assembly on Monday. If the OP knows that he too, has his hands, legs and head complete, he should join them and prove he is a true son of his father. If not he should keep quiet and wait for Saraki to show you what his father taught him all those years he was at his side. This government will cry tears upon tears so much so that when in the near future members of the executive hear this words: Obama, Democrat, LP, Hollande, power, politics, GEJ, they will run for their dear lives. As for that OVERBLEACHED LAB RAT KNOWN AS DANLADI USMAN, he should enjoy his commission, for it may not last long. When he starts to receive the other side of the naira note, he should not complain. That's what businessmen call business: profit and loss.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by tomakint: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Saraki is going no where. He'll remain the Senate president. All these are just noises.
grin grin Severus abeg comot for my front joor grin Saraki has no business being your SP in the first place....it's a pity you don't know him. The case dangling on his neck like 99-carat gold will eventually sink him. Forget the niggi bro cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:

grin grin Severus abeg comot for my front joor grin Saraki has no business being your SP in the first place....it's a pity you don't know him. The case dangling on his neck like 99-carat gold will eventually sink him. Forget the niggi bro cheesy
This is just witch-hunting, Nothing more. Didn't they know he was falsely declared before now?... Something that happened like twelve years ago is being revisited again just because he went against his party, If he hadn't gone against the wish of the propaganda party, they would still be singing his praises and referring to him as a "progressive". Pleeeeeseeee...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 1:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
philips70:

[s]This little dream of yours is making you sound very naive barcanista. In 2019 the PDP will have no place in national politics. You guys have no Tinubu in your party and you know what that means. Moreover, have you forgotten the PDP is now an Ijaw party according to Jonathan and Alams? Or are you talking about ND republic?[/s]
Shut your Almajiric mouth. We talking something else and you're saying trash. Go tell that to your Almajiri brothers.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by hinwazaka: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
philips70:

This little dream of yours is making you sound very naive barcanista. In 2019 the PDP will have no place in national politics. You guys have no Tinubu in your party and you know what that means. Moreover, have you forgotten the PDP is now an Ijaw party according to Jonathan and Alams? Or are you talking about ND republic?
TINUBU that will be snuffed out next year. Didn't they delete Akintola. What about MKO, with all his billions. I even forgot Awolowo. And also I have to put in BOLA IGE. Don't worry TINUBU and his lovely wife will get their own sooner than you think. By the time they will be dealt with we will see if PHILLIP70 will still exist as a moniker. And also go and learn your history PDP has always been in existence. It started out as NCNC, later on came back as NPN and now is the indefatigable PDP. it will always exist, even long after you, Awolowo, MKO, TINUBU, AKANDE are gone from this earth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Firefire(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:

To God be the glory.

Who is next to go ??
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Firefire:

To God be the glory.

Who is next to go ??
Jonathan undecided

Oh please...Saraki is going no where.
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by tomakint: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

This is just witch-hunting, Nothing more. Didn't they know he was falsely declared before now?... Something that happened like twelve years ago is being revisited again just because he went against his party, they would still be singing his praises and referring to him as a "progressive". Pleeeeeseeee...
Witch-hunting? No, no, no, far from it.....this is justice, I am cocck-sure that the good people of Kwara are rejoicing on this cheering news...

2 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Firefire(m): 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Jonathan :-/

Oh please...Saraki is going no where.

Who is Jonathan ?

Is Amaechi or Tinubu bearing that name ?
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Firefire(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:

Witch-hunting? No, no, no, far from it.....this is justice, I am cocck-sure that the good people of Kwara are rejoicing on this cheering news...

Bukola Saraki must return all the loot in his custody, persecution or no persecution.

Then we face the other corrupt individuals.

Sigidi to ba fe te, ani ki won gbe ohun lo si odo lo we...

2 Likes

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:

I disagree...Justice my foot. Until they extend this same treatment to Tinubu, Amaechi etc who are still in the good books of the party, I call it witch-hunting. Come on!... Don't tell me you can't see what's going on here.

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
Firefire:

Who is Jonathan ?

Is Amaechi or Tinubu bearing that name ?
Thank God you called these two names, until they extend this fight to them, I call this Saraki saga witch-hunting, and that's what it is.
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by SeverusSnape(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Firefire:

Bukola Saraki must return all the loot in his custody, persecution or no persecution.

Then we face the other corrupt individuals.

Sigidi to ba fe te, ani ki won gbe ohun lo si odo lo we...
Face who?... You think B00HARI will harass "the rest"... Let me tell you, The "rest" are still in B00HARI's good books, So they are sacred cows.
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Firefire(m): 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nigeria deliverance from the extremely corrupt politicians will come by fire and by force.

Either by Witch-hunting or by 'Hunt-witching'.

1. Bukola Saraki
2. Rotimi Amaechi
3. Babatunde Fashola
4. Babangida Aliyu
5. Murtala nyako
6. Bola Tinubu
7. And others...
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by tomakint: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
Firefire:

To God be the glory.

Who is next to go ??
My dear brother, Dino Mumulaye should be warming up......grin grin that one will be thoroughly messed up..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Trailblazer1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u didn't make sense, try again later
so sorry for your poor comprehension skills grin grin grin grin grin grin

i dont make sense to folks like grin grin grin grin

now Gerarahia men

1 Like

Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun can we give It wider coverage?
Re: Northern Group Gives Saraki 3days Ultimatum To Resign As President Of The Senate by Firefire(m): 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Face who?... You think B00HARI will harass "the rest"... Let me tell you, The "rest" are still in B00HARI's good books, So they are sacred cows.

Buhari is only a passing phase...

Let the Lord of Nigeria arise and the looters be scattered into death, sickness and imprisonment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Imo State Flyover 100% Ready / 2023: How Plot To Draft In Jonathan Collapsed / Jibrin & Melaye During Obasanjo’s Presidential Campaign (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.