Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

The Day I Found Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day I Found Love (1006 Views)

The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken / When I Found Love / My New Found Love For Poems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day I Found Love by kingIfey(m): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2015
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, but this one beat my imagination. It all started on social network with a simple add and a casual introduction. At first she was distant and did not chat often, but I took the lead and broke the ice. The ice thawed and we chatted about everything; she seemed particularly interested in everything I had to say. At long last, glory be to God for a soul mate met through miscellaneous adds on social network.

One day, I made so bold to call her and o my God! She sounded so ethereal like a fairy tale goddess; my senses ran wild and began dreaming of timeout filled with making out at a beach, far away in Miami. Oh, And I have never been there anyway, but in my dreams, I had toured America with my fairy tale goddess; riding the crest of the waves of the seas and flying to the moon on a magic-carpet ride. She was in deed my Jasmine. A jasmine I never saw but the sound of her voice already painted pictures of a curvy, 5ft8, femininely endowed lady whose beautiful voice can melt a heart of stone.

It started with sleepless nights and before I knew it, I was completely besotted with a face I conjured up from sweet dulcet tones I heard off my cell phone. Call me stupid now and you wouldn’t be too far from the truth. The mere thoughts of her relieved me from all the stress at work; a few months in the relationship saw my skin looking great with the vitality of someone ten years younger. I became merrier and more fun to be with.

A day came and I thought it was about time I met her. I relayed the information to her, dreading she would decline my request; on the contrary, the feeling was mutual: she felt the same way.

Clearly, you wouldn’t see me beneath the clouds because I was obviously above cloud nine and as if that wasn’t enough, I was reaching for the moon too. My excitement knew no bounds, and I painstakingly put all the effort in the preparation to meet her. We were supposed to meet out, but I had to clean up the mess in my room because honestly, I expected the first night to be that night: the night love birds sang about, the night ever cherished. No, do not get me wrong. I did not mean to have one night stand in mind, but the months I spent waiting to behold the face behind the voice, had triggered my hormone and it did rage like an unabated water sprout.

The day came. Obviously it was a red letter day and no matter how cliché the expression sounds now, it really went down into the archive of unforgettable histories of mine. Here is what happened

Unlike every other day, this day was so different. It was a Saturday, and the smell of freshly cut grass from regular morning sanitation was wafting through the air. Clouds sat up in the sky smiling at me, although now that I think of it, I guess they were in fact mocking me. Shoes heavily laden with black polish shone perfectly, blending with the tuxedo which by the way cost me an arm and a leg: half my salary got splurged on it. My Rolex watch glittered, my hair shimmered from hair cream which I couldn’t even remember the last time I used, and the air around me could literally make head turn 360 degree with the ‘Wow’ keeping their mouth agape.

There I was, waiting for her at a beach in town where we planned to meet, standing and gazing into the distant part of the ocean, watching the waves rise and fall, creating rapids near the shores and the migratory birds filled the sky with such beauty that made me feel romance in the air. Then my phone beeped. I dipped my hand into one of my trousers’ pockets, got the phone and opened the message. It read, ‘’ I am at the beach!’’ with an exclamation mark which made me feel she really screamed her happiness out through my phone.

The moment came, the moment I was supposed to behold the woman; there I was cringing, the blood at my feet froze, my heart raced and the wind didn’t make it any better. It blew furiously and kept my eyes shut in anticipation of the unseen. Then, I heard a voice from behind a few metres away,” Darling, I am here” the ‘here’ was yodeled to an extent where it sounded like a lady singing opera. I turned around with a grin from ear to ear and I thought, “At last, the lady of my dreams is here”.

On tilting towards her angle, my grin faded into a grimace and then my eyes almost bulged out from their sockets. She was a giant! Huge! In fact, a hulk! She could literally grab the whole of me in between one of her fists. Her body bustled with the thickness of a female gladiator. There and then, the drama was over when her face came on to me crystal clear as though she came out from the haziness of a misty space, and I looked with an open mouth, wide eyes, and heaving chest.

I felt stars—from a blow I assumed I was going to get—flooding my vision; legs got obliterated as though a child chose to erase the legs of a character he drew on his drawing-paper. The next thing I knew, I swooped and fainted with a loud thud to the earth and a loud splash had me drenched.

So much for the beauty I expected to be everything I wanted. Remembering this now, the sky most definitely had its reason for smiling jeeringly at me.

By KING IFEY
Courtesy of www.thisvoice.net

1 Like

Re: The Day I Found Love by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Awwww. And to think the bros spent so much only to end up with a packaged disappointment grin lol

Beautifully written. I love. smiley
Re: The Day I Found Love by llaykorn: 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2015
Kuzaku:
Awwww. And to think the bros spent so much only to end up with a packaged disappointment grin lol

Kuzaku! shocked

Hi, how are you? Have you been in touch with 'Njong'?
Re: The Day I Found Love by kingIfey(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
Kuzaku:

thank you kuzaku. Part of our ordeals on facebook.LOL

1 Like

Re: The Day I Found Love by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
llaykorn:

Kuzaku! shocked

Hi, how are you? Have you been in touch with 'Njong'?

Yesss o! Momma's fine. Code your bb pin oe whatsapp number for me let me add you. It's been long lol
Re: The Day I Found Love by llaykorn: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2015
Kuzaku:

Yesss o! Momma's fine. Code your bb pin oe whatsapp number for me let me add you. It's been long lol

3346E25B

(1) (Reply)

2015 Nairaland Fiction Award ( Discussion Thread) / See Why You Should Hire An Editor For Your Manuscript. / Writing A Book: Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.