Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Media And Negativity In Africa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Media And Negativity In Africa (467 Views)

Biafrans On Social Media And Biafrans In Abia / Social Media And U / Help!!! How To Stay Positive And Happy Amidst Sadism And Negativity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Media And Negativity In Africa by platinumtt: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
http://nextpeacefulelection.com/2015/09/19/media-and-negativity-in-africa/

Growing up as a kid in an ancient city in Africa, I remember vividly how I used to draw close to statues erected at main road junctions and roundabout/ ringroads just to catch a little information on the personalities.Ibadan_statue I used to be amazed at stories of how individuals defended their regions with some selfless individuals laying down their lives. I was very proud of my tribe and always ready to share the stories with listening ears. Stories of great black people all over the world were inspiration and encouragement to me.
Back to the present, one can hardly read anything good about Africa in the media. News of corruption, extreme poverty and hunger, divorce, armed robbery, violent elections, loss of lives, terrorism and many other unpleasant stories are always the latest breaking news and headlines. Though one cannot ignore these issues with urgent need for attention but the other pleasant stories should not be totally discarded. I wonder what will the coming and younger generations look up too. Too much of negativity is being projected by the media both locally and internationally. This has further brought low our self-esteem. If we Africans do not see anything good about ourselves, what do we expect foreigners from afar to see? The only thing being celebrated on the media in Africa is nudity and waywardness...

http://nextpeacefulelection.com/2015/09/19/media-and-negativity-in-africa/

(1) (Reply)

Six Easy Ways To Tell If That Viral Story Is A Hoax / Which Of These Is The Hardest To Find? / Manchester United Celebrates Independence Day With Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.