Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,876 members, 7,956,308 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:37 AM

Growing Old In The Foreign Land (take Time To Read) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Growing Old In The Foreign Land (take Time To Read) (534 Views)

A Chat With An Insider ( Mmm....take Time To Comprehend This) / No Active Moderator In The Foreign Affairs Section. / How Many Of You Guys Would Actually Take Time Too Explain This Too Your Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Growing Old In The Foreign Land (take Time To Read) by jonatoye(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2015
GROWING OLD IN THE FOREIGN LAND
I want to give this word as a warning and advise to all friends and families abroad "Do not grow old in the foreign land" About 7years ago,I carefully studied this and I did not know the cause until I search the scripture.
Most of the people who stayed long abroad, who grew old abroad do become wretched when they eventually come home-why??
You find most of them as security personel in most of our higer institutions, some became messengers in the firms, some were old-school drivers in all our parks, while some were lucky to become principal in privates schools here.
To know these people, U will always hear them blowing grammar, telling tales ....
"when I was in Toronto....
"When I was in Cakwe....
I was able to meet one who was a senior driver, see how he was speaking french... Wow!!!
The man said ... When I was in France,,...ChaiChai! Chai !!!!
live was easy over there men!!!!...
I Bleep women the way I like becos those women like african men, they even give me money thereafter...
Money was not my problem.... Chai!!!,..... if not because of my mother.... (someone asked why?) It was my mother that forced me home.
My people, dont let us be like this man who has no focus except to run after women
it was the love of the women that got his attention first @ the freign land, and the very first thing you and I should do, is to think of where we came from and where we are going
That is the exact problem of brother Jacob in the bible, it was the easy life and the beautiful damsels that caught his attention first, to the extent of re-enslaving himself becos of women.
Meanwhile the fear of what chased him away @ home does not propelled him to serious, it is a pity dt his useful time of life was used up by Mr Laban to acquired his own wealth.
Thank God because he later realized himself. He said to his wives
"You know that I have worked for your father ‪#‎ with_all_my_str enght‬, yet your father ‪#‎ has_cheated_me‬by changing my wages ‪#‎ ten_times‬, however God does not allow him to harm me" V6
U also know that none of his wives objected him,because they awared that the man Jacob laboured indeed for their father
I can see that, this indifferent boss still have the mind to harm this hard working man-Jacob, it was God that saved him, Laban would have charmed him.
Laban said, U know "I have power to to harm you"V29 of chap 31 and Jacob also kno the fact.
People of God, Jacob said in Gen30:30c...
‪#‎ whn‬will I provide for my own family?
Jacob was able to sit back and think and re-think ..... He asked ‪#‎ when‬??
The age is not on my side ‪#‎ Oh_God‬... When??
.....for how long am I going to continue with this?
....for how long am I going to do this "ise ti o l'ope yii"?
..... When am I going to become a man?
......When am I going to provide for my home?
.....When am I going to settle down at home?
.....when will I do something for my own household?
......When will I stop serving others?
...... When will I stop doing this hard labor and settle down with my own family?
All these provoking thought made Jacob prepared his heart
He later confronted his boss and said with a very soft voice
‪#‎ UuummmMr_Laban‬.... U see
It was like this for twenty years I was in your household. I work 14years for your two daughters 6years for your flocks, and You change my wages 10times. If not becos of God of my father Abraham and Isaac,you would have sent me away with empty hands,but God has seen my hardship and toil of my hands....V41-42chp 31 of Genesis
People of God,
Dont become
"Daddy Daddy"
Dont become become
"baba ilu oyinbo"
Dont become "Mummy wa"
Mummy London
because those pple may eventually send you away empty handed.
Start preparing for your home right from Now
‪#‎ Now_to_my_count rymen‬
I want to say this, despite the fact that our country is not alright now, and the majority of those who has one establishement are men like Mr Laban.
If you dont think deep they will use you and you will become useless to yourself and your children. And they will later send you home empty handed
Do you realize that, they consume better part of your life?... Please answer ??
It is Your useful time they consume and use your potential to acquire wealth for themselves without any word of appreciation
So, my pple let us think of when are we going to settle down on our own?
When will our family benefit from us.?
Let us stop serving Laban
Let us Stop enslaving ourselves
I pray for You
>Your little effort will attract the mercy of God IJN
Have a wonderful weekend
>Give Jesus more attention more than this hard labor of yours and I assure you of great success

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Arrives Nigeria From The 70th UN General Assembly / Solve This Simple Puzzle / Question And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.