Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th (3139 Views)

Poll: Which team's going to the UCL semis?

Bayern Munich: 9% (1 vote)
Barcelona: 90% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Match Against Egypt On Tuesday / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by Cristalz(f): 11:20am On Apr 13, 2009
Barcelona take a trip over to Allianz Arena, Munich for their UCL quarter-final return leg against Bayern Munich, 19.45 GMT.
Aggregate scoreline: Barcelona 4 - 0 Bayern Munich.

It was simply a goal festival for Barcelona last week Wednesday.  .  .Bayern Munich had absolutely no response to the power of Messi, Henry and Eto'o. Some fans argued that this happened 'cos the team that faced Barcelona missed a number of key players and thus, was at weaker strength than usual. Probably true, but is there really any justification for a 4 - 0 loss in the UCL?
  They face a really uphill, near impossible task to remain in the UCL this time. The chances of getting 5 goals or more against a very fit Barcelona side are slimmer than a blade of grass.
  But Bayern seem to have improved.  .  .they defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 4 - 0 in the Bundesliga on Saturday. Still, this ain't the Bundesliga, and Eintracht Frankfurt ain't Barcelona.
  Midfielder Mark van Bommel is quoted to have said, ''perhaps if they come with only eight men to Munich, then we'll have a chance'' grin

Barcelona seem to be rapidly setting a standard for European soccer these days. They were simply hot in the first leg, and remained so in the La Liga over the weekend, defeating Recreativo Huelva 2 - 0.
  Right now, they stand every chance of finishing what they started last week and effectively kicking Bayern Munich out of the competition. Almost seems a foregone conclusion.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by Cristalz(f): 7:45am On Apr 14, 2009
Why isn't anybody commenting on this match? Haba. . .it's not fair o grin

At least one of our own is a major Bayern fan. . .he needs some support. Mukiiiii, report here ASAP!!
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by switch47(m): 9:00am On Apr 14, 2009
BARCA WILL GO THROUGH AND WILL MEET LIVERPOOL IN THE SEMIS!!
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by ogazi007(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2009
We are not in the semifinals yet,we are going to munich to attack them aggressively.we are going to win beyern both and away to send a strong signals to the rest of the teams left in CL that barca is a team to beat this season.even if they have ten of lucio and lahm in their defence line,they cant stop the ravaging attack force of fc barca.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by mykali(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2009
you don't need switch to predict this match grin
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by otokx(m): 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
Bayern needs a miracle.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by mukina2: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
Cristalz:

Why isn't anybody commenting on this match? Haba. . .it's not fair o grin

At least one of our own is a major Bayern fan. . .he needs some support. Mukiiiii, report here ASAP!!

na wetin angry

i resemble bayern fan? grin grin

yaya Please score today oh grin
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by Cristalz(f): 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
I dey call you make you come support Dayo grin No Yaya today o, it's Mark Van BomBom and Looker Toni that you'll be shouting tonight grin
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by khanye(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
Where is Dayo
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by mukina2: 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2009
Cristalz:

I dey call you make you come support Dayo grin No Yaya today o, it's Mark Van BomBom and Looker Toni that you'll be shouting tonight grin
angry i nor support am jo grin
wetin do my yaya? shocked sad

khanye:

Where is Dayo

in my pocket cheesy
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by khanye(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2009
• No team has ever overturned a four-goal first-leg deficit in the UEFA Champions League. The biggest first-leg deficit a side has salvaged in the UEFA Champions League era was achieved by RC Deportivo La Coruña in the 2003/04 quarter-finals when they fought back from a 4-1 defeat at AC Milan to win 4-0 at home.

• Barcelona, meanwhile, have lost only three of 36 two-legged contests in UEFA club competition when they won the first match at home.

• The Spanish club are the highest-scoring team on their travels in the competition this season with 13 goals from four matches and boast a fine recent away record in the UEFA Champions League, having won eight and drawn three of their last 12 games on the road.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by mukina2: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
te hehehehehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by Sauron1: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
Where is Dayokanu??
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by kokonets(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hi all,
Congrats to barca, now we are up against Chelsea one of our foes during the Mourinho era, dont no wat u guys think but Barca would carry the day cos I fully rep this team just pray fatigue doesnt set in, Barca for life
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by dayokanu(m): 2:13am On Apr 15, 2009
Yes some people were asking where Dayokanu is?

Well fairly good effort at least some improvement from the mauling at the Nou camp last week.

God know what might have happened with Lahm Lucio and co at the Nou camp
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by dayokanu(m): 4:06am On Apr 15, 2009
Barca captain Puyol stated things very accurately when he said:

"Bayern are a very good team who had a bad day in the first leg – and you always pay for a bad day in the Champions League"

45 minutes decided this tie.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by switch47(m): 7:17am On Apr 15, 2009
Great gAME FOR Barca!! won since last week unlike mumu chelsea who has to struggle with a bit f dumb luck----
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by ogazi007(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2009
Big up to fc barca.bayern is a force to reckon with in europe,we respected them alot and i think they came out yesterday to prove their worth.
they seems to be the toughest opponent barca could ever face before we claim the trophy.
chelsea is next,but they cant stop fc barca.
barca for all trophies
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by eyonigger(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2009
Hhahahahha, A done deal, Ope ni fun Oluwa tin sola. You gave me Chelsea, not that stubborn lpool. I'll see whoever in the FINALS!!
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by philip0906(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2009
@ switch47
Great gAME FOR Barca!!  won since last week unlike mumu chelsea who has to struggle with a bit f dumb luck----
U r notin but a mutton.U commented in chelsea /livapooooooo.now here u r, commenting in barca/bayern.If i may ask which side u dey?ASHEWO OSHI!!!!!!
I'm sure u dont even know anytin about football but u just want 2 b clowning around on nairaland. 
  Orie fokacibe. grin
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by akinalabi(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2009
dayokanu:

God know what might have happened with Lahm Lucio and co at the Nou camp

dayokanu:

Barca captain Puyol stated things very accurately when he said:

"Bayern are a very good team who had a bad day in the first leg – and you always pay for a bad day in the Champions League"

45 minutes decided this tie.

You're one of those that always tell people not to give excuse
for their losses so why are you doing it?

You feared 2 teams. . . Barca and Liverpool. You got beat by
one of them and the other has crashed out as well.

That shows the strenght of your team.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by dayokanu(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
Akinalabi,
i said in my earlier post that our full team would even have problems with Barca maybe make the game like 55-45 but playing with that kind of backline at the Nou Camp made it a 90-10 affair against us.

When you are playing the best team in Europe based on current form and players you need to be at your peak performance to stand any chance.

Some teams(Man Utd/ Arsenal/Lisbon) and games can be won with average effort but not Barcelona of this season
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by mukina2: 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bayern lost shshshshshshshs grin, doesnt matter if they drew the match at your michellin tire stadium tongue
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by akinalabi(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
dayokanu:

Some teams(Man Utd/ Arsenal/Lisbon) and games can be won with average effort but not Barcelona of this season

Lol. . . grin Indeed. Even Klinsmann cannot make that statement.

dayokanu:

i said in my earlier post that our full team would even have problems with Barca maybe make the game like 55-45 but playing with that kind of backline at the Nou Camp made it a 90-10 affair against us.

So at full strenght, it will still be at just 55-45. Don't you think you're admitting
the limited strenght of your team?

Although Barca is hot at the moment, I cannot bet on them beating Chelsea.
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by dayokanu(m): 12:44am On Apr 16, 2009
Come on.
I am a very realistic person. Bayern does not have the quality to match Barcelona man for man. We would need to be at our best, play at our best, and need a bit of luck to stand any chance against the best team in Europe right now.

For Chelsea to match Barca they must be at their best.
If they should play without Cech(Rensing), Terry(Lucio), Cole(Lahm),Drogba (Klose), and Lampard(Ribery) just back from injury and Anelka(Toni) just back from injury. I wont bet against them losing by a four goal margin. Given the form of Barca's players
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by Sauron1: 12:54am On Apr 16, 2009
mukina2:

Bayern lost shshshshshshshs grin, doesnt matter if they drew the match at your michellin tire stadium tongue

Bayern is shyte. . . . .

I remember United beating the same Barca team without Vidic and Rooney last season.
Who cares if Bayern did not play their best players at Camp Nou??
No one remembered that when United were roasted 3-0 at San Siro. . . . .

Bayern are out of UCL. . . . . .End of!!!
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by switch47(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2009
BARCA Has got game!! I wish them all the best in their next match!! ALL THE VERY FuuCkiing BEST!!
Re: UCL: Bayern Munich(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1 - 5] On Tuesday April 14th by eyonigger(m): 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2009
switch47:

BARCA Has got game!! I wish them all the best in their next match!! ALL THE VERY FuuCkiing BEST!!

Very fucking best? Heheheheh, I am stacking my Laughs on a BLUE disappointing day.

(1) (Reply)

U-17 World Cup Final: Nigeria Vs Mexico On Friday At 5:00pm / “manchester United Wont Win Any Game This Season” – Tb Joshua / Mikel Is Epl’s Best Passer Of The Ball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.