Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. (1817 Views)

Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA / Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by joviegghead: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
5.0 CGPA. Is it possible? What that means is that a student in whatever institution he comes from has straight A-grades right from his first to his final year? This hasn't been achieved in nigeria even in the world. The only person heard to do this was a nigerian who broke the record in russia: victor olalusi. Guys do you think it is a futile dream to want such an achievement or is it possible in nigeria which has institutions with bad-belle lecturer? If its possible, what can be don't to get this impossible feat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by GuiltySpark343(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
5.00 is very possible in private universities where you dont have destiny killer lecturer,the worst is state universities where the abound
Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by 0luwatope(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
My school is a state uni and I've seen someone got 4.8 and heard someone got 5.0 two times in a row.... Its so very possible
Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by GuiltySpark343(m): 12:43am On Sep 20, 2015
0luwatope:
heard someone got 5.0 two times in a row.... Its so very possible

the op said cumulative ie from first year to final year not semester by semester
Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 20, 2015

What that means is that a student in whatever institution he comes from has straight A- grades right from his first to his final year? This hasn't been achieved in nigeria even in the world
The bolded is false.
The USA has a 4.0 grading system and lots of people have graduated with perfect GPA s.

To answer your question:

It is a good feeling to get good grades, and get A's in all your classes, but it is definitely not a reason to go crazy. If you can take your classes, and get good grades because you actually learned the material, and you had a good time doing it, then yes it is worth it, it is a very good feeling.
Your GPA is not a measure of your intelligence. It is not a measure of how good you are, it is not a perfect indication of how good a professional you'll be once you start working. I know many people who are incredibly smart, but who struggled in a few courses and did not get perfect grades. I also know people that try to manipulate the system, taking the minimum amount of classes, waiting for the "easy" professor, and that actually do end up with a perfect GPA because of all this manipulation.
In general, try your hardest, take classes that interest and challenge you. No one will care about your grades a couple years after you graduate. So I would say that a perfect GPA is nice, but completely overrated.
Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 20, 2015
As an addendum to my previous post, http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/harvard-university/908796-who-won-the-sophia-freund-prize-in-2009-and-before-1997.html this is a list of people that graduated with perfect GPA s from Harvard
Re: 5.0 CGPA? Impossible? Help And Tips Needed. by Mixty: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
joviegghead:
5.0 CGPA. Is it possible? What that means is that a student in whatever institution he comes from has straight A-grades right from his first to his final year? This hasn't been achieved in nigeria even in the world. The only person heard to do this was a nigerian who broke the record in russia: victor olalusi. Guys do you think it is a futile dream to want such an achievement or is it possible in nigeria which has institutions with bad-belle lecturer? If its possible, what can be don't to get this impossible feat?
It has been achieved in UI and Ife

(1) (Reply)

How To Detect Arrogant People / Pic: Difference Between An Advanced Medical Grad And A V1 Engine Grad / Nigerian Police Academy Exam Postponed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.