Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz (1726 Views)

Paris Club Fund: Magu On Mudslinging Campaign Against Me – Saraki / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge / I’ve Lost Memory, Records About Charges Against Me –saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by ope2711(m): 2:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Senate President, Bukola Saraki in a statement titled “CCT Defiance of Subsisting Court Order : Our Stand”, has mentioned reasons why he can not be arrested or tried by any body.
Read statement below:
Following the development in the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) today, Friday, September 18, 2015 when the Tribunal chose to ignore the subsisting order of a Federal High Court by sitting, we hereby state our position as follows:
1.While the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, had stated and maintains that he is ready to submit himself to due process of the law on any issue concerning him, he also believes he has an inalienable right to resort to the same judiciary for protection when he feels his fundamental rights are about to be infringed upon.
It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki, having satisfied himself that the case filed by the CCB and the manner in which the case was filed show that he will not be given justice, resorted to the Federal High Court for the determination of the issues of competence of the prosecutor as well as compliance with the procedure stipulated in the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act.
The Federal High Court on Thursday, September 17, 2015, therefore ordered that the all parties in the case should appear before it on Monday, September 21, 2015. The implication of this ruling by a Court of competent jurisdiction is that the sitting today has been overtaken by event. It is for this reason that Dr. Saraki chose to go about with his normal official schedule.
Today at the Tribunal, Counsel to the Senate President, Mr. M. A. Mahmud (SAN), raised a motion stating that there is a pending constitutional matter before the Federal High Court to be decided on Monday and that the Tribunal should hold the trial until the constitutional matter is disposed of.
We are however dismayed that the Tribunal chose to disregard the order of the Federal High Court and the motion to suspend hearing till Monday when all parties are expected to argue their positions on the constitutional matter.
It is also a surprise to us that despite the application by the lead counsel to the Senate President that he will produce Dr. Saraki on Monday and the personality of the person involved as the Number three man in the country, the Tribunal insisted on issuing a warrant of arrest as if its intention is simply to embarrass Dr. Saraki. We are not unmindful of the fact that the Tribunal is acting under political influence and external pressure. This is dangerous to our democracy.
The conduct of the Tribunal today left nobody in doubt that it cannot do justice on the matter before it. It is also clear that today’s decision is an abuse of the rule of law which portends danger to our judicial system. The Tribunal has equally set a bad precedent in the way and manner it conducted itself during the proceedings.
We want to emphasise the fact that this is not part of any war against corruption but using state institutions to fight political opponents and seeking to achieve through the back door what some people cannot get through democratic process.
We need to caution here that in a desperate bid to settle political scores and nail imaginary enemies, we should not destroy our democratic institutions and heat the polity for selfish reasons. Let us all learn from history.
The Senate President is a law abiding citizen who will not do anything to undermine the judicial process and authority. However, Dr. Saraki will always act to protect his fundamental human rights.
Signed
Yusuph Olaniyonu
Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) to the Senate President.

http://www.talkglitz.tv/2015/09/18/nobody-can-arrest-me-saraki-fires-read-statement/
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by HungerBAD: 3:08am On Sep 20, 2015
Nobody can arrest you?

The arrogance of this over pampered British Silver spoon, is starting to get really very annoying.

Nobody Is Above the law.

Saraki should go into the history books, and read about President Nixon of the United States.

If not for the fact he was given a presidential pardon, he would have ended up in jail, after he was forced out of office, over the Watergate scandal.

This was the same arrogance President Nixon displayed, he first said nobody can impeach him as the President, then he said nobody can arrest him, but sadly he learned the hard way.

Saraki, for the fact that you are the Senate President, albeit temporary, it does not mean you will not be answerable to the laws of the land.

Saraki should be arrested, so he can get the memo that the Era of impunity is over.

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Pangea: 3:13am On Sep 20, 2015
He go do am soon like film trick!

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by menix(m): 3:14am On Sep 20, 2015
Well Nigerian Judiciary has alwayz been a joke.

Even as a wailing wailer, all this corrupt officials needs to hang wivout an exception.

I jst pray this war on Anti graft does not end on small Boyz trying to meet ends..i
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by agarawu23(m): 3:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Webbet(m): 3:48am On Sep 20, 2015
This man still get the guts to yarn gibberish..

nobody will arrest u, are you God?.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:53am On Sep 20, 2015
Webbet:
This man still get the guts to yarn gibberish..

nobody will arrest u, are you God?.

is God nobody? abi na God be una cct abi cctv now?
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by mormoni(m): 4:05am On Sep 20, 2015
Abi? I will be ur photographer wen u enter cell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Pavore9: 4:11am On Sep 20, 2015
'It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels'-Saint Augustine

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 20, 2015
Well, its a fight between The Federal High Court and The Tribunal . Who has the power to outwit the other Watching in HD grin
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by sentaljohn(m): 4:23am On Sep 20, 2015
Law 1: NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER. Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please them or impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite.

Law 23: PLAY THE PERFECT COURTIER. The perfect courtier thrives in a world where everything revolves around power and political dexterity. He has mastered the art of indirection; he flatters, yields to superiors, and asserts power over others in the most oblique and grateful manner. Learn and apply the laws of courtiership and there will be no limit to how far you can rise in court.

Law 29: PLAN ALL THE WAY TO THE END. The ending is everything. Plan all the way to it, taking into account all the possible consequences, obstacles, and twists of fortune. that might reverse your hard work and give the glory to others.

Law 45: PREACH THE NEED For CHANGE BUT NEVER REFORM TOO MUCH AT ONCE. Everyone understands the need for change in the abstract, but on the day-to-day level people are creatures of habit. Too much innovation is traumatic, and will lead to revolt. If you are new to a position of power, or an outsider trying to build a power base, make a show of respecting the old way of doing things. If change is necessary, make it feel like a gentle improvement of the past.

In this game of power, Saraki don't seem losing to me...he's taught by the best...

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Burger01(m): 5:41am On Sep 20, 2015
Useless man. You shall go down with your pride soon. Nobody can arrest you? Time will tell.smiley

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Burger01(m): 5:43am On Sep 20, 2015
mormoni:
Abi? I will be ur photographer wen u enter cell
I will lock his cell and throw the key to the lagoonsmiley

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by amaechi1: 5:59am On Sep 20, 2015
The day a warrior was born in a village, a brave man was also born in a neighboring village. Saraki, let see how far you can go!

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by ope2711(m): 7:07am On Sep 20, 2015
amaechi1:
The day a warrior was born in a village, a brave man was also born in a neighboring village. Saraki, let see how far you can go!

Amaech? grin
Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2015
I'm still waiting for the police to arrest saraki.

Is not about making noise in the media, is all about arresting and prosecuting him.

Not trying to intimidate him to see if he would resign.

Both saraki, tinibu, buhari and amaechi are birds of the same feather, show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz by okoomoge2(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2015
@sental John,

Saraki actions does not align with your quotes from Robert Greens 48 Laws of Power.

I think I have a feel of why Saraki is misbehaving, he never had a real mentor ?
You need tutelage at every stage.

I will go deep to the underworld, you need to attain 40 years at least to bestowed with some deep power. You need spiritual/ mental balance from the core!! I think he mixed some fundamental development in his quest for power. Why 40? Folks of deep knowledge know !!

Go read the God Father, Art of wars act of seduction and the prince !!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha And Wife Dance During His 53rd Birthday Celebration.... / Reminiscences: Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola 50 Years After - Abimbola Akintola / BIAFRA: IPOB Commences Fasting, Prayers For Kanu’s Release, Actualization Of ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.