Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. (3354 Views)

Best Paying Northern NYSC States For Batch 17A Corpers / Top 15 Best States For NYSC In Nigeria| Highest Paying States / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Hello people! What do I do now...? I was among the first Prospective Corps Members(PCM) for batch B that registered on the 9th of this month. That very day(9th of this month), I used my laptop deffiance, to afront my nysc online registration; until I got to the biometrics aspect, where it required my finger prints. I stopped at that point, took my bath and breakfast, then headed to one of the NYSC-recommended cafes in my area, so that I could do my biometrics and, perhaps, have my passpot scaned in.

When I got to the cafe...Jeez! It was already thronged to capacity with PCMs, patiently waiting on the cue for their respective turns. I joined in the cue - this was around 10am - for my turn. Eventually, around 4:30pm, my turn for the biometrics reached. Mine didn't waste time in consideration to that of other people, who almost had theirs hindered due to slow server issues... Afterwards, I had my passpot scanned in.

It wasn't over yet, we had to wait for the second phase of the registraation, which involved entries of bio-data. I was impatient at this point, and desperate to cut corners. Due to the fact that I have been maintaining familiarities with a few of the workers(staffs) in that cafe, I decided to play SHARP GUY - which I now regret. I met one of these guys that I used to know in my area(neighborhood), who works in that cafe, connived with him, and he took me to a corner, asked me to fill an already screen-grab print-outs of the registration form.

I gladly filled what he asked me to fill. And dropped N1500 with him and left for the day,with a sense of accomplishment. When I got back there the next day(10th); he approached me and said: “hah bros, the stuff I don do am...sharpaly for you. You na my paddy nah.” I was elated and I shook his hand excitedly. I discovered the whole space inside the cafe was agog with PCMs the more. I looked around in empathy for the PCMs who had yet to be registered, and prided myself a BAD SHARP GUY.

I was still waiting for this guy to print a kinda slip, so I could proceed to one of the designated banks - since I didn't have my ATM card due to its expiration - to make the payment of 3k, when I overheard one guy asking the other, “Oboy! Lagos don full..., which state you com choose for first choice nah?.” At this point I realized I was in poo. I gazed at them, and wished it was a kinda hallucination. I quitely walked up to the guy(worker), and asked him if there was anything like choice location; he said, “hah! My guy, I tried reaching you yesterday, but you number no dey go•” He continued: “I know your taste nah; I chose, Akwa Ibom, Osun and Zamfara state for you, since you are from the south-east, and you schooled in the north-central region.” On hearing this, I didn't knw when I slapped and brushed him down. The fight began; the fight caused frenzy in that cafe.

Later on, I promised him more panel-beating(fisti-scuff) any time I catch him in a more convenient corner, before I left. Upon getting home, I tried to see, If I could make some changes through my laptop but to no avail. All my efforts have so far proved abortive... till now, hence the saying, “once you submit, it is final,” becoming a reality to me. What do I do? I would have loved to choose the following 3 states: Rivers, Abuja and Lagos as first, second and third choices respectively. Although I love Enugu too, but it is my home state, hence chance to be there could have been slim. The reason I opted for Rivers was because we are resident there.

Please! Can I still effect a change?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by yomi007k(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2015
Why didn't u do ur thing ur self?

Wat cud be more important at dt moment.

Bros na ur fault jare

1 Like

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Xzbit91: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2015
Good for you, got exactly what you deserve. There is no way you can change anything and i pray nysc choose zamfara for you

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by politricks: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2015
I think you are the fo.ol here. Didn't they teach you in school that 'A short cut is usually a wrong cut'. The guy even tried for you for choosing those locations. If it were me, i would have chosen maiduguri, yobe and adamawa for you. Lol a case of a fool calling a fool a fool.

3 Likes

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Xzbit91:
Good for you, got exactly what you deserve. There is no way you can change anything and i pray nysc choose zamfara for you
I riget Zamfara oo. May they carry you to 7amfara enh, not my portion.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Xzbit91: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2015
Odoggs1:
i chose delta, lagos and enugu even though i did it the next day, what could be more important than staying to the end of your registration? And you even attacked the poor guy when the entire thing was your fault.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by yomi007k(m): 10:33am On Sep 20, 2015
Odoggs1:
The word is "reject" not riget.

U actually shud go 2 zamfara 2 be thought English grin
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Lagusta(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2015
yomi007k:

It's TAUGHT not thought....

We call ourselves graduates, yet we can't speak the Queen's language, not even genitive construction....

I could only imagine....

8 Likes

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by dejt4u(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2015
Hilarious
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2015
yomi007k:

Guy, I was hasty when I wrote that...okay, hence didn't go through it before I submitted.

Moreover, I don't think you are better than me in that language(English), despit the fact that I majored in Industrial Physics. Secondly, nobody is above mistakes, even some of the prolific writers across the globe employ the services of editors - better still, proof readers;to err is in human nature. Remember the saying: “to err is man.” So on this ground, chill mr English Lecturer.

5 Likes

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by yomi007k(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2015
Lagusta:

We call ourselves graduates, yet we can't speak the Queen's language, not even genitive construction....

I could only imagine....

Blame it on d phone auto typing , Mr Genitive grin

1 Like

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by ifeanyija(m): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
yomi007k:

Blame it on d phone auto typing , Mr Genitive grin
lie, the 2 re not close

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Mmmmm
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Macdove02(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lagusta:

I could only imagine....
OMG...laugh wan kill me
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by losvemous: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Can someone pick any three states of choice from any region or are they restricted regions based on region of origin or some kind of specifications.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by debris: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lolz....like seriously guy are u for real?
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
losvemous:
Can someone pick any three states of choice from any region or are they restricted regions based on region of origin or some kind of specifications.
That day, I was made to understand that the states to be chosen must be outside your socio-cultural and lingual inclinations.

So it means, PCMs must be posted to areas where they don't uderstand the languages and culture there. For example, Ibo person is expected to be posted elswhere outside Igbo Land; where the person doesn't know the language and culture there, such that he will have to learn about such people's culture, language, social life-style. Hence, serving the purpose of the scheme.

Secondly, if your state of origin is Anambra, and your family is resident in Rivers State, and you schooled in the north-central region. The ideal location of states you are expected to choose should be in geo-political zones outside south-east(your home state's zone), north-central(the zone where you schooled). You will be free to choose states from other geo-political zones, apart from your state of residence, which in this case is Rivers. But you can still choose a state from that south-south where that your state of residence is located.

Hope you will understand. This was what the manager of the cafe explained to me that 10th that I fought that dunce.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
debris:
Lolz....like seriously guy are u for real?
Bro. It hapened live. On 10th of this month.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by debris: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
Odoggs1:
Bro. It hapened live. On 10th of this month.

Nawa o and u were so early for registration to make such mistake
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by raphemmanuel(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Am a graduate of ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND MGT from MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE. And i will like to serve in any agricultural firm owned by government. pls whc states should i choose inorder to be posted in any of the agricultural firm... thanks
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by iamauxin(m): 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
Bruh, I feel your pain.... I'm sure you weren't active on nairaland...you would have known all the novel introductions in this year's Batch B. But don't put it so much to heart. The stuff may not even work..or maybe God wants to use this opportunity to post you to a place where you will be blessed more.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by Bruno3000(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2015
@odoggs, nice write-up. U should be a script writer. About ur issue, try reach me on whatsapp 07031670656.
Re: The Fool Just Chose Wrong States For Me. by gallery0519(f): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2015
I think I just read a script.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Terminologies & Acronyms Every Corps Member Should Know / How Does Nysc Calculate Age / Batch B Stream 1 POP Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.