Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs (623 Views)

Original 500gb Hard Drive Available, Clean, Fast Speed Copy And Rugged / How To Resolve ====window 7, Build 7600 : This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine / Window 7 Build 7601 Not This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs by FKO81(m): 6:58am On Sep 21, 2015
Good morning folks! Please I need help I was using my system, all of a sudden it showed one program has stop working, the system hanged, I had to short the system down and reboot, the problem still persists, I can't open any folder for 2dys, I was scared not to format the system because of my recent docs, I had to run another window I didn't format my disk, after running the window the system started working, my worries now I can't assess my documents, and when I check my hard disk it showed that I have used more than 60gb, when I open it shows all the programs I installed, but I can't find my folders, please I need help
Re: Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs by psucc(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2015
OP its complicating. Before you would have run the windows, you ought to have slave the HDD to another system and copy you file but as it stands now, I guess you get a Smadav antivirus to scan the HDD and then unhide any hidden folder or file.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs by FKO81(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2015
psucc:
OP its complicating. Before you would have run the windows, you ought to have slave the HDD to another system and copy you file but as it stands now, I guess you get a Smadav antivirus to scan the HDD and then unhide any hidden folder or file.
Thanks! I slave the HDD in my extenal HD, and tried to copy out my folders with another system, I couldn't locate my folders, all I saw was the programs I installed.
Re: Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs by Bishop42: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2015
Do you remember the names of the doc or pics?

Try any of these:

*. Download and run a software called "TreeSizeFree". It can scan your whole laptop and reveal all your files and folders plus subfolders. Go through the folders that appears after full scan(esp the picture folder) to see if you can find something useful

*Download and run "Ultra FileSearch". Type in the name of files or pics you can remember and search them one after the other. Try searching for any keyword of pics or files names you don't remember

* Click "Start button" and type in " hidden" on the bar,
Check "Show hidden files and folders"
click Apply and Ok . See if the Files and folders have appear.

Make sure you go back and uncheck "Show
hidden files and folders" once you are done searching for the fiile and folders.
Re: Please How Can I Copy Out My Docs by FKO81(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:
Do you remember the names of the doc or pics?

Try any of these:

*. Download and run a software called "TreeSizeFree". It can scan your whole laptop and reveal all your files and folders plus subfolders. Go through the folders that appears after full scan(esp the picture folder) to see if you can find something useful

*Download and run "Ultra FileSearch". Type in the name of files or pics you can remember and search them one after the other. Try searching for any keyword of pics or files names you don't remember

* Click "Start button" and type in " hidden" on the bar,
Check "Show hidden files and folders"
click Apply and Ok . See if the Files and folders have appear.

Make sure you go back and uncheck "Show
hidden files and folders" once you are done searching for the fiile and folders.

Thanks bro! May God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Activity Tracker For Health Management At Micostar Mall / Training On Making Money With Your Phone And Pc / Short Circuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.