Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory (805 Views)

Nigerians Hold Vigil In Front Of Abuja House, London, Chant "Buhari Go Home" / Senators Pray over Saraki's Victory At The CCT (Photos) / Saraki's Victory Is Northern Conspiracy Agains Yoruba-bisi Akande Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by kglamour(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2015
As the All Progressive Congress (APC) desperation to remove Senate President Bukola Saraki continues supporters and loyalists of the controversial former governor of Kwara state have engaged in vigil and fasting.One of the conveners of the prayers, Mr. Kayode Yusuf, who is popularly called ‘Maja,’ in an interview with Punch in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Saturday, said prayer sessions were being held all over the state, especially in the Ilorin metropolis.He said he had mobilised over 500 Muslim clerics while about 1,000, including the Chief Iman of Ilorin, Mohammad Solihu were praying in different areas in the state for Saraki’s victory.“Yusuf, who is the convener of ‘Maja Elders Forum’, called on President Buhari to interveneand prevent the polity from being over-heated.He expressed the hope that Saraki’s travail would soon be over.Yusuf said, “We in Kwara are powerless. The only thing we can do is to support him (Saraki) with prayers. We have no money, soldiers, police or any other security apparatus. We are just ordinary citizens of Kwara and Nigeria. But we in Kwara, especially in Ilorin, believe in the power of prayers.“All of us in Ilorin, including the Chief Imam of Ilorin, are involved in the prayers. Saraki is our leader. He must not come down. Within the short time that he was elevated as the Senate President, we know what we have benefited from him.“I have mobilised more than 500 Imans and over 1,000 others are praying in different areas. They have been praying and fasting. Even the women are praying for him. Saraki is our benefactor. Even the uneducated do not want anything to happen to Bukola Saraki. They are not sleeping but are also praying. The prayers will last till Saraki’s ordeal is over.”In a related development, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Solomon Arase, said the Force were yet to receive a bench warrant to effect the arrest of the Senate President.Recall, the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), headed by Justice Danladi Umar, had, in a ruling on Friday, ordered the IGP and other security agencies to arrest Saraki and produce him before it tomorrow (Monday) to face a 13-count charge bordering on corruption and false declaration of assets. The order and subsequent bench warrant followed Saraki’s failure to appear before the tribunal for arraignment.
http://www.thecapital.ng/index.php/politics/3616-1500-powerful-islamic-clerics-hold-vigil-for-saraki-s-victory
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by Imortal001: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2015
Ok
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by madridguy(m): 7:58am On Sep 21, 2015
Iranu
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by SonOfTheLion(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2015
madridguy:
Iranu
abasha grin
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 21, 2015
First degree Oshi anti iranu...
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2015
If I talk the thing wey dey my mind... No to ban me patapata
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by yimikaa: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2015
Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2015
THEY ARE 1500 IGNORANT MUSLIMS WHO LIVE AND EAT BY THE CORRUPTION AND EVIL DONE BY THEIR SO CALLED LEADER.

ALLAH IS NOT A COWARD.
EVEN IF SARAKI WAS LATER FOUND NOT GUILTY OF THE THE CHARGES AGAINST HIM HERE ON EARTH,
HE CAN'T ESCAPE IT IN THE SIGHT OF ALLAH.

1 Like

Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by nerodenero: 8:32am On Sep 21, 2015
He must not come down. Within the short time that he was elevated as the Senate President, we know what we have benefited from him.
This is why I detest some of our religious leaders. Like them and the polithiefcians, it's just about their interests.

1 Like

Re: 1500 Powerful Islamic Clerics Hold Vigil For Saraki's Victory by Bobbystanley(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2015
grin
yorubatic:
My fetish yoruba people claim sophisticated and progressive. ..my diabolical yoruba cowards claim civilization and wealth...my incestuous yoruba people claim intelligency....my ritualistical yoruba nation is not landlock, my evil yoruba people are all things good and have all things that is good...

Then why do yorubas like backwardness?
Why do yorubas like criminals?
Why do yorubas like all things uncivilized?

Why don't yorubas want their own Odu'a republic where there will be no backwardness, where there will be no criminals, where there will be no uncivilized people?

What are yorubas still doing with backward nigerians?

It is strange how the progressive will want to be unprogressive by living with unprogressive. ..

Yorubas are nothing but envious and evil people. Yorubas are barbaric morons...spit on evil cowards

U seems to be the only reasonable Yoruba man on Nairaland grin
yorubatic:
My fetish yoruba people claim sophisticated and progressive. ..my diabolical yoruba cowards claim civilization and wealth...my incestuous yoruba people claim intelligency....my ritualistical yoruba nation is not landlock, my evil yoruba people are all things good and have all things that is good...

Then why do yorubas like backwardness?
Why do yorubas like criminals?
Why do yorubas like all things uncivilized?

Why don't yorubas want their own Odu'a republic where there will be no backwardness, where there will be no criminals, where there will be no uncivilized people?

What are yorubas still doing with backward nigerians?

It is strange how the progressive will want to be unprogressive by living with unprogressive. ..

Yorubas are nothing but envious and evil people. Yorubas are barbaric morons...spit on evil cowards

U seems to be the only reasonable Yoruba man on Nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Olu Falae’s kidnappers demand for N100m / Nigerian Can Maker Moves Into South Africa With $71m Plant / Senate Will Reject Buhari's Ministerial List If It Doesn't Have Up To 36 Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.