Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help (1143 Views)

Help Help Mtn Is Killing Me Small Small / Acer Swift 7 Review: The World’s Thinnest Laptop Is Surprisingly Impressive / Stop D Heat Free Urself From Dis Bad Weather D Heat Is Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:13am On Sep 21, 2015
Hi guru's in the house.. I need your help

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Donald3d(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2015
gorgeousnogo:

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks
try installing avast,I think you have a serious virus
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Adesege(m): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
gorgeousnogo:
Thanks

It may not be a virus problem.

1. What version of Mozilla are you using? Have you tried updating your browser?

2. Did you make any recent changes to your system settings?

3. Go to uninstall programs, check softwares that weren't installed by you. Uninstall them, then reload tour system.

Reply to these questions may point me to the right direction.

Also, tell us your system specifications. The RAM, OS and system architecture.
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by gorgeousnogo(f): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Adesege:

It may not be a virus problem.

1. What version of Mozilla are you using? Have you tried updating your browser?

2. Did you make any recent changes to your system settings?

3. Go to uninstall programs, check softwares that weren't installed by you. Uninstall them, then reload tour system.

Reply to these questions may point me to the right direction.

Also, tell us your system specifications. The RAM, OS and system architecture.

it's not just the browser... even after typing using Microsoft. .. the same problem continues.

even after editing pictures with Picasa or any photo app.. to save is wah ala. .. so its not just browsing but to save anything in general
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by gorgeousnogo(f): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Donald3d:
try installing avast,I think you have a serious virus
please send me the link if you have for free download
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Donald3d(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
gorgeousnogo:

please send me the link if you have for free download
AVAST is free for basic use here is the link https://www.avast.com/
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
FYI, there's a Computer board on Nairaland in case of next time.
To your problem:
What's the make and model of your laptop?
Methinks it's RAM issues, since you say it happens with "anything in general"
Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Dekatron(m): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Upgrade the drivers.

2. Hard disk. When my 250GB crashed, I got a free 80GB(Imagine) from the engineer. When I just load WINDOWS 7 on it, it also do all those. It wouldnt play disk, music, save ANYTHING. But since I drived it (used a driver pack on it), it stopped though SOMETIMES, I repeat SOMETIMES, it still do that. Yesterday, I downloaded an ADVANCED MATHEMATICAL METHOD on it. I opened it and it did the same :- ADOBE NOT RESPONDING & WINDOWS EXPLORER STOPPED WORKING. I restarted and it stopped. Also, I used a higher performance on it. The battery, I mean. I don't mind if it consumes it. Except I just wanna do a single task like reading or watching movies, I USE A BALANCED/HIGH PERFORMANCE. I dnt use a lesser power option.

Sister, Its your HARD DISK. Tell us the specs :- HARD DISK CAPACITY, MAKE OF THE HARD DISK i.e IS SATA or what??, RAM SIZE, OS, MAKE AND THE DRIVER PACK YOU HAVE.

Sister, NOBODY CAN JUST GUESS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE INFORMATION. You just stated the problem, not the specifications of the laptop. Dont expect urgent answer because of that. This is engineering, NOT SOCIAL SCIENCE.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Is Killing Me... Help by Emeraldicon(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
Try system restore. If it doesn't work, you might need to repair ur OS.

(1) (Reply)

Ijoy Reaper Plus Tank Review / Unbelievable! Burning Fire Can Charge Your Phone / Pictures/video From Wavetra Energy Academy Solar/inverter Installation Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.