Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) (34577 Views)

Armed Robbery Gang Arrested In Kwara. See How They Hid Their Guns. Photos / Drug Baron And Leader Of Armed Robbery Gang Arrested By SARS Operatives. Photo / A Soldier & His Robbery Gang Arrested By Oyo State Police (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Islie: 12:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Three persons have been arrested by Lagos State Rapid Response Squad (RRS) operatives for alleged phone theft.

They are Ebuka Ekujere, Monsuru Onanuga, and Segun Alao.

The suspects were caught about 1:20pm on Friday, around Eko Hotel on Victoria Island, after they allegedly snatched a phone belonging to a passenger in a tricycle.

It was learnt that Ekujere who boarded the same tricycle with the passenger, removed the phone from the owner’s pocket and hid it on the seat.

Onanuga and Alao were said to have seen him, but they kept mum and later collected N3,000 from Ekujere for not giving him out.

According to the police, Ekujere, who lives on Ezeagu Street in Ajegunle, said the other two suspects knew he was a thief. The police quoted him as saying that he usually settled them whenever they caught him in the act.

The suspects were caught, while arguing on how to share the loot.

In his statement, Ekujere said: “I boarded a tricycle at Eko Hotel roundabout to Obalende and in front of Eko Hotel gate, I removed a handset from a passenger’s pocket and dropped it on the seat.

“Not knowing that his phone has been stolen, the passenger alighted by the hotel.

“But Alao and Onanuga who saw me when I picked the handset, joined me in the tricycle.

“Both of them demanded for settlement and I gave them N3,000 but Onanuga further attempted to collect the phone and my money.

“Then, I engaged them in a verbal confrontation and this attracted the tricycle rider.

“Having explained what transpired to him, he held me and handed me over to RRS operatives stationed in front of Eko Hotel.”

Other suspects denied knowing Ekujere is a thief, but admitted that they collected N3,000 from him.

Onanuga, who claimed that he is a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Jakande Branch, said he was on assignment at Eko Hotel round about to regulate traffic.

He denied knowing Ekujere before the incident, adding that he was not his accomplice.

“I was at my duty post when I sighted a man later identified as Ekujere pick a handset on a seat inside a tricycle. I and Alao challenged him to know if he is the owner but he said he was not.

“He promised to give us N3,000 which he did. Having collected the money, we parted ways.

“Later he came back and asked us to give him N1,000 out of the money which we did. We later saw Ekujere and a tricycle rider dragging themselves.

“We went there to ascertain what was happening, in the process, Ekujere pointed at us to the Police that we are his accomplices. That was how the RRS team arrested us.”

Alao admitted that they demanded for settlement from the prime suspect after he stole the handset.

“I did not know it’s a crime to aid and abet criminal act. We promised never to do that again. We were only looking for daily bread,” he said.

Police spokesman, Joe Offor, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), warned residents against aiding and abetting crime.

http://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-pick-pockets-caught-sharing-loot/

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by MISSNORA(f): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
#saynototribalism....Where's kestolove95? He looks like the one in d middle.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by shaiba(f): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
I just come to look their face cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by MrKIZITO(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
See their face tongue. FOR NATURAL FIBROID TREATMENT READ http://www.supreme.com.ng/fibroid-treatment-without-surgery-in-nigeria/
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by examhall(f): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by sukkot: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
wahala

1 Like

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by cutesmilez(f): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
grin BURSTED

4 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
k
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Blackavast(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
blackavast grin
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by MadCow1: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chai
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Reekadict04: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
tongue
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
APC Men at work.
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Deivid10(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
SAI BABA!
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by ajepako(f): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Oya, name-checkers

The two tribes are ably represented

Food don land..

Bon appetite grin grin

33 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by OKorowanta: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Guilty as charged.
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by bobchigar(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
These are the faces of thieves

2 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
sǝɯıʇǝɯos

Hian.. Smh vehemently!!!
Seun_Lalasticla-la "Ah no talk am"

The YELOBA's are doing good @ this
"Quote me anywhere"
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by biggybanty7(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Omo c dia face lik dry shit

1 Like

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by ajepako(f): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
shaiba:
I just come to look their face cheesy

not their names?? grin

12 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by kogiguy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
waaaat......u c ur lyf?
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by VickJames(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
These pickpockets are something else. You'll marvel at their efficiency

1 Like

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by omusiliyu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
The two rival tribes were fully represented. Tribalists won't comment grin

19 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by shiinihost: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
WaZoBia Pick Pockets grin Unity in Robbery

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by tunergy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
EBUKA, so you this stubborn pikin never change.

7 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by AnneMomoh: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
cutesmilez:
k

Kill?
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by bqlekan(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ma wo ju won kio kio.. awon eleyi ma gbe ibon o

2 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by AnneMomoh: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
omusiliyu:
N

Nanny?
Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by ijustdey: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Yorobbers in the news again angry

Sufferiscated ones from the waste land angry

They are Ebuka Ekujere, Monsuru Onanuga, and
Segun Alao.

bigotry is a big disease

14 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Warlord3000(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Yorobbers in the news again angry

Sufferiscated ones from the waste land angry

Read and comprehend who stole

5 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by dedons: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yeebos and yollobas collaborating in crime since 1914 undecided

8 Likes

Re: Pick-pocket Gang Arrested When Fighting Over Loot Sharing (Photo) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
Father arise and let my enemies be always confused like this players on blue

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Women Arrested Over Smuggling Of 818 Rounds Of Live Ammunition / Traditional Chief Flogs 2 Teenage Lovers In Public As Punishment In Zimbabwe / Househelp Arrested For Stealing Employer’s $51,000 After 3 Days Of Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.