Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Problems With Logging Into Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problems With Logging Into Wordpress (1374 Views)

Will Investing 112,125 Naira Into Wordpress Business Plan With SEO Pay Off? / How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php / Godaddy Hosting session Timeout After Logging Into Cpanel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
wp-admin redirecting you to the wp-login.php is a normal procedure because you ought to have an active admin session to access the admin page which you can't do till you login as an admin hence the login page.

On the problem you are having with login may be related to cookies, though you did not give the specific error you are getting in the login page.
Please are you in a way behind proxy like 12.7.0.0.1 port 8080? If you are then you certainly cannot login because of the latest wordpress core code in relation to their security. There is a way to change the core code to make this work but I will not advice you to do it.
I suggest you login with no proxy once your admin session is active on your browser cookies, you will be able to access the admin page even behind proxy.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by dwebdesign(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:
I am having issues with my wordpress installation.
I am having difficulties logging into it. it has been working properly before it started having this issue today. when i type my username and password, it just reloads the login page. i have tried some solutions i got from google like renaming my plugins folder in case its a plugin issue, deleting the installation and reinstalling it, optimizing and repairing my database but to no avail.
is there any way to fix this?
Please i really need help. I've not been able to update the site because of this issue. any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated
my website is http://listernaija.com/

i also found out that http://listernaija.com/wp/wp-admin/ which is the admin page redirects me to http://listernaija.com/wp-login.php

check your browser connection settings like proxy and port. use no proxy.

you can also flush your browser cache.

This two fixes the problem.

am an expert wordpress developer . you can contact for further help.

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
dwebdesign:

check your browser connection settings like proxy and port. use no proxy.

you can also flush your browser cache.

This two fixes the problem.

am an expert wordpress developer . you can contact for further help.

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

Thanks for the reply. i have always used it with a proxy and i've tried clearing my cache but they did not work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by mosezky: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

Thanks for the reply. i have always used it with a proxy and i've tried clearing my cache but they did not work
are you using simple server....if yes...disconnect it and log in
Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:58am On Sep 23, 2015
mosezky:
are you using simple server....if yes...disconnect it and log in
I did dat and it worked. thanks man. God bless
Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by mosezky: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

I did dat and it worked.
thanks man. God bless
u welcome..........
Re: Problems With Logging Into Wordpress by tbsnetworks: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2015
Remove the the directory WP and try with yourdaomina/com/wp-admin That's all. helpdesk support | Outsourced Helpdesk

(1) (Reply)

How SEOMOZ Explain A SEO Friendly URL Structure In Picture / Webmasters I Need U / VERY Active 8k+ Facebook Page For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.