Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php (486 Views)

Nigeria School Management System Integrated Into Wordpress For Nigeria & Afric / How Will I Integrate My Paystack Into Wordpress Woocommerce? / How To Make Your Code Into A Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by youngtech: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
pls who know how to paste code into wordpress funtion.php
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
Why would you want to tamper with it?
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by youngtech: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
not tampering...an mearnt to paste a code of blogger redirection there... so i need guild
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by tunazi(m): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2016
Go to the dashboard under appearance click Editor
it will display a list of editable files written in php
functions file is one of them
Be careful when tampering with those files tho cos if you get one detail wrong it could affect the entire website
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by webdeveloperqx: 8:13am On Dec 11, 2016
youngtech:
pls who know how to paste code into wordpress funtion.php

what you need to do is this:

1. From Appearance -> Editior -> select your current theme -> and click on Edit.

2.then write this: funtion wpd_blogger_redirection(){
//paste the code given for redirection here.
}

3. Then for the function to be fired when wordpress inits,
hook the function to an action like this:

add_action('wp_head', 'wpd_blogger_redirection');

I am an expert wordpress developer who develops wordpress themes, plugins and web applications using wordpress, should you need my assistance, mail me at webdeveloperqx@gmail.com
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by youngtech: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2016
ok how about the opening and the closing tags
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by goverment(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
I suggest you should use Child Theme because you might lose you code when there is an upgrade to the parent theme

Incase things went wrong while putting the code wrongly, go to your CPanel and delete the current theme in other for your to access yo WP-Admin
Re: How To Paste Code Into Wordpress function.php by youngtech: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
yeah i did that and it got rid of one of my fave theme...so i waan know how to do with the opening and closing tags

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Website Or Domain / How Many Views Do You Need To Make Money On Youtube 2017 / Top 5 Tricks On Google Search Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.