Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? (978 Views)

Get Free Capital For Online Business / Own a Successful Online Business Like Linda Ikeji HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Since I've been on Nairaland and other forums and blogs in Nigeria, and other parts of Africa, I've met a number of people who are interested in starting a blog or online business, or finding some way they can earn a legitimate income through the Internet.

At the moment, I am working on a platform that will help them accomplish that, but for now, I am only doing research to find out what topics and discussions people want to know the most about.

I do this by posting surveys online and asking people directly through websites like Nairaland.

I created this thread to find out whether anyone on Nairaland is interested in starting an online business, and if so, what would you most like to learn.

This will allow me to build a better training program. I believe if I build it around the topics and issues people most want to learn or know about, then I will be able to create something of tremendous value to others in the future.

Feel free to share your thoughts, and/or ask questions.

There is no need to post your email address or contact details. This is just to gather opinions and share your thoughts.

I thank you in advance for your time and your contribution to this thread.

Take care and be blessed!

~ Ra
Re: Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Why do you want to start an online business?

To have more personal/professional freedom?
Flexibility of your time and schedule?
To earn passive income?
To replace your full-time income?
To challenge yourself to pursue and achieve something new?
To establish a reputation as an online entrepreneur and business owner?

There are no wrong answers. Just share how you feel and what you think.

Thanks in advance!

~ Ra
Re: Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Dajugba: 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
A refreshed Noon to you! Thanks for such opportunity if really you want to impact someone. I am interested in blogging. Now my question is how do I start and what are the key information a newly blogger has to know about? Thanks! While I await your feedback.
Re: Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
Dajugba:
A refreshed Noon to you! Thanks for such opportunity if really you want to impact someone. I am interested in blogging. Now my question is how do I start and what are the key information a newly blogger has to know about? Thanks! While I await your feedback.

To start I would recommend that you think of something YOU want to write about.

Blogging is one of the easiest online activities to monetize and profit from, however it's also one of the ones that requires the most work in order to make it happen. The mistake many bloggers make is choosing an idea that they believe is profitable, but have no passion or desire to write about it.

You've probably seen many bloggers try to publish blogs about investing, finance, affiliate marketing or celebrity gossip, because these are generally some of the more popular niches to blog about. They are also some of the most profitable. But the problem arises when someone is not knowledgeable enough about the topic, or not motivated to research and write good content.

That's why I say first, before you do anything, think of something YOU want to write about. Something you won't mind writing, researching and promoting, even if you don't make any money. Because while blogging is easy to monetize, remember, it's difficult to do and takes time. But as long as you have an idea you are passionate about and committed to, you will eventually achieve the success you are looking for.

Look at any of the most popular blogs on the internet today, and when you trace them back to their origins, you will see that they all started by simply writing about what interested them. When you write with inspiration, there is more emotion behind your writing, which adds more sentiment and makes it easier to relate more to your work. And the more people feel you are being genuine and authentic in your content, the more they will want to hear (or read) what you have to say.

So before you do ANYTHING, find a topic you want to write about. But don't spend a lot of time on it. Some people spend weeks (or months) deciding on a topic. The longer you wait to get started, the more likely you never will.

As you start you will also need to consider who your target audience will be (who is your blog for? what type of person?), you will need to decide how much time you will be able to commit to your blog, which platform do you want to blog with, how to develop a social media strategy, how to create an effective marketing strategy for your blog and your products, how to manage payments (if you are going to sell products), how to grow an email list, and how to actually monetize (make money from) your blog.

Blogging can be a complicated experience, but it does not have to be. If you are serious about blogging and want to get started soon, I have two offers that will serve you well. One is free, and one is a paid membership. contact me through email at ra@getnorthofzero.com.

I don't really advise that you drop your E-mail here, but if you do, I will send info on both offers to your inbox.

~ Ra

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Dajugba: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2015
I sent you a mail yesterday evening. Waiting to get your feedback
Re: Why Do You Want To Start An Online Business? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
Dajugba:
I sent you a mail yesterday evening. Waiting to get your feedback

Hi there!

I just sent you a reply. Sorry for the slow response. Emails were backed up for a bit, but now things are moving again. smiley

(1) (Reply)

GSM Cell Phone Antenna Booster Signal Enhancers / Visafone Landline Terminal Gateway For PBX Intercom Available / Eleaf Melo 300 - Sextuple Coil Head, Designed For Ultra High Power Vape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.