Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). (16024 Views)

Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / Are Urhobos And Isoko And Ika Also Edo? / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
Akwa Ibom

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
ChinenyeN:
I can't speak for those other maps, but being a native of the region administratively called 'Abia' and also knowing the location of my hometown as well as being well-versed in my people's oral traditions, I can say with certainty that the demographic being represented by the Abia map is categorically incorrect.

For the record, my hometown falls in the region being demarcated on this map as 'Ibibio'.

It probably isn't correct...
What do I know ..
Just posting maps, from the same source as some of the previous posters. smiley
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:
Yesss...... Typical response, kinda expected that.
All the communities in the SE states must be igbo.... but all those so called igbo communities in the other states are legit.

I can list all the town's in Ebonyi state Abia and Enugu state, then you and whoever that drew that map can then tell me which one of the towns sound remotely anything other than Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
pazienza:

I can list all the town's in Ebonyi state Abia and Enugu state, then you and whoever that drew that map can then tell me which one of the towns sound remotely anything other than Igbo.

Ebonyi and Enugu's cases are well known to contain a lot of non-igbo areas. So just stop trying to defend those.
It is the Abia map I am not sure about..... even though there are Ibibio areas within it as well, their extent is the bone of contention here.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
tonychristopher:
[s]
Ogogoro induced submission ...isoko wey get few local government and to you ukwani isn't Igbo. They are Latino

All these sobo tribes can be nasty shaaa [/s]
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:
Akwa Ibom

There are no Igbo towns in the northern parts of Akwa-ibom. The Igbo towns in Akwa Ibom are found in the South Western parts of Akwa-ibom, in Ukuanafun and Ika LGAs of the state.

The map is obviously wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by tonychristopher: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:

Ebonyi and Enugu's cases are well known to contain a lot of non-igbo areas. So just stop trying to defend those.
It is the Abia map I am not sure about..... even though there are Ibibio areas within it as well, their extent is the bone of contention here.

Can u tell us about the non Igbo in Enugu
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:

Name the non Igbo towns in Enugu other than Ette, I dare you!

Then name the non Igbo towns in Ebonyi other than Ntezi and Effium.

They are no Ibibio speaking areas in Abia, instead parts of Ndoki speaking areas in Abia spilled into Akwa Ibom state.

How the presence of one town Ette, which still has native Igbos co existing with Idomas and Igalas translated to " alot of non-Igbo speaking areas" in Enugu state in your dictionary is beyond me.

4 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
pazienza:

There are no Igbo towns in the northern parts of Akwa-ibom. The Igbo towns in Akwa Ibom are found in the South Eastern parts of Akwa-ibom, in Ukuanafun and Ika LGAs of the state.

The map is obviously wrong.

Ukanafun, Etim Ekpo, and Ika are in South West Akwa Ibom, not South East.

The local government shown on the map to have Igbo indigenes is Ini in the North, closer to the Aros of. (Infact they are probably Aros)
It is unlikely there are Igbos in Akwa Ibom South West, because those three LGA's I mentioned have mch greater population densities than Ukwa East (Abia) and Oyigbo (Rivers), which are the only Igbo speaking LGA's they border.
So, the case is prolly the other way round.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:

Ukanafun, Etim Ekpo, and Ika are in South West Akwa Ibom, not South East.

The local government shown on the map to have Igbo indigenes is Ini in the North, closer to the Aros of. (Infact they are probably Aros)
It is unlikely there are Igbos in Akwa Ibom South West, because those three LGA's I mentioned have mch greater population densities than Ukwa East (Abia) and Oyigbo (Rivers), which are the only Igbo speaking LGA's they border.
So, the case is prolly the other way round.

It was a mistake, I meant to write Southwest of Akwa-ibom.

No, there are no Aro people in Akwa-ibom north.
But we have Ndoki towns in SW of Akwa-ibom.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
pazienza:

It was a mistake, I meant to write Southwest of Akwa-ibom.

No, there are no Aro people in Akwa-ibom north.
But we have Ndoki towns in SW of Akwa-ibom.

What are the name of the Igbo towns in Ukanafun?
Because , I can tell you that Nkalu in Ini LGA is mostly Igbo.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by ChinenyeN(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:
It probably isn't correct...
What do I know ..
Just posting maps, from the same source as some of the previous posters. smiley

Ah okay. I get it. Addressing the credibility of the source (or the lack thereof). Practical.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
ChinenyeN:

Ah okay. I get it. Addressing the credibility of the source (or the lack thereof). Practical.

Exactly

It is just the same as the one of Delta state posted on page 0, that over extended the Igbo areas to include areas like Aviara, Ofagbe and Okpe in Isoko north and South LGAs, and Abraka in Ethiope East.
Total rubbsh.

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:

What are the name of the Igbo towns in Ukanafun?
Because , I can tell you that Nkalu in Ini LGA is mostly Igbo.

theinknewspaper..co.za/2014/08/aksg-to-commence-free-education-at.html?m=1

Ohaobu, Mkpukpuaja and Ogbuagu.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by scholes0(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
pazienza:

theinknewspaper..co.za/2014/08/aksg-to-commence-free-education-at.html?m=1

Ohaobu, Mkpukpuaja and Ogbuagu.
Haba bros, those communities are virtually smack on the border.
But okay sha.... taken.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by Donarozzi: 1:48am On Sep 25, 2015
scholes0:

He would only show you the map of other states... he won't show you that os Abia or Ebonyi or Enugu, Etc for example, that all contain huge swathes of no-Igbo Lands.

Mr. scholes0, the four maps you showed above are totally wrong. I am talking about the maps of Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia, and Akwa Ibom, as posted by you. The ethnic depictions in your maps are totally false. Whoever created those maps is either ignorant or deliberately trying to cause confusion.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 25, 2015
scholes0:

He would only show you the map of other states... he won't show you that os Abia or Ebonyi or Enugu, Etc for example, that all contain huge swathes of no-Igbo Lands.

Scholes, there's something definitely wrong about these maps. Looking at that of Ebonyi for instance, the whole of Ikwo was marked as Ekoi? The whole of Ikwo!

Wow!

Can you guys also supply the links to the site(s) where these maps came from - all the maps, not just those of the Southeastern states

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by macof(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
Apparently we can't trust the maps coming from that site. .. I'll like to see SW maps grin

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by darfay: 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Which few local government, Isoko has only two LGs with population of less than 50k people.

From Ozoro to Owhe is like 15mins drive scantily populated, after Owhelogbo to Owhe is Emevor next is Iyede all sleepy villages that make up Isoko North.

Isoko South with Oleh as the major town there, from Ozoro roundabout to Oleh is filled with bushes and swamps, Umeh, Aviarra, Ewhe etc are all sleepy villages with good roads tha only see Hilux of oil companies zoom past after every 3 hours
The entire Isoko is too small to be one LG self

I think google can help you out with the exact figure nd isoko north nd south lga is 1200kmsquare which is 1/4th of Anambra state!!!

I would have given you a more concreate answer but I have decided to let ”fools have their day”

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by darfay: 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
pazienza:

It's obvious you never took any time to go through the opening article of this thread, either that, or you lack comprehension skills.

Thank you for your time. Now you can allow other knowledgeable members of this forum to contribute to this thread.

~ the opening link has no correlation to this

~were u not the wan who opened that thread on Facebook?

~were u not the wan who asked the questio on Facebook also

~were not the wan who opened this dumb thread?

~and wats the aim of this f**** thread

~are u from delta state?

~have u ever bin to any of those communities in ur entire lyf? Asides from decieding who is igbo from ur fathers farm. Wat else do u do with ur lyf?

~how many ukwaanies corrobrate with this ur stories?

And u dare speak of knowledgeablility, I would have tried schooling u but spending even a second on you is a waste of tym no thanks to ur incorrigibility

**officially unfollows this stupid thread**

2 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2015
darfay:

~are u from delta state?

~have u ever bin to any of those communities in ur entire lyf? Asides from decieding who is igbo from ur fathers farm. Wat else do u do with ur lyf?

And u dare speak of knowledgeablility, I would have tried schooling u but spending even a second on you is a waste of tym no thanks to ur incorrigibility

Lol! Good riddance. You obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread other than your usual rantings.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by tonychristopher: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2015
darfay:

~are u from delta state?

Bye bye ..adieu
You have no meaningful post

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by cheruv: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
pazienza:

Your map is a joke. There are no non Igbo speaking community in Abia state. Non.

Ebonyi has Ntezi and Effium as the only non Igbo speaking towns, and both towns are completely surrounded by the Igbo speaking tribes of Ezza, Izzi and Ikwo, they are assimilating fast and furious into the Igbo culture, most of them now Speak Igbo language and Answer Igbo names.

Enugu only has one town with non Igbos, the town's name is Ette, it has Igala, Idoma settlers co habiting with Igbo aboriginals.

Whoever gave you that map is high on weed, imagine insinuating that the whole of Ikwuano LGA of Abia state is a non Igbo speaking area, does the person even know the meaning of "Ikwuano"?
One look at the map showed me how false it was grin

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2015
pazienza:
Lol! Aboh was a strong Kingdom, it covered the whole of the Ukwuani area in the height of her glory.

Aboh was a ruthless kingdom, your Isoko stood no chance of taking any land from her via conquest.

You were only accommodated in Ndokwa lands as refugees, just as Europe is currently accommodating Arabs.

The Isoko speaking people in Ndokwaland are descendants of these Isoko refugees, And most of them are Bilingual now, speaking both Isoko and Ukwuani.

When the time is right, they would have the option to become fully "Ukwuanized" or simply migrate back to Isokoland, the land of their ancestors.

The Igbide an Originally Igbo speaking people who migrated into Isoko lands had since "Isokonized", your Isoko cousins in Ndokwalands in the end will have to "Ukwuanize" or simply migrate back to where ever they came from

By the way, the opening article of this thread was written by an Igbo of Anioma extraction, ie he is Deltan but also proudly Igbo.

It was culled from the facebook group, " proudly Anioma, proudly Igbo". The admin of that Facebook group is an Ukwuani man, you can join us there if you wish, I am sure that you will be better schooled by Ndokwas/ Ukwuanis themselves.
pazienza is just a foolish wanderer roam d internet like mad person.joblessness hav led u to frustration...let me make it clear to u foolish igbo people that there is no ukwuani man has nothin to do with you. U people r just too selfish lookin 4 territory..stop wastin ur time. Ukwuani people will kill any igbo man who trys to blackmail our Ndokwa ethnic nation. So be warned.if u r human y cant you show ur self. Or y cant u come to Utagba-ogbe(kwale) and say it in d midst of ukwuani people dat they r igbo? Ur head will be cut of because u hv commited an abomination...we r not slaves..Igbo mean slavery in Ukwuani language
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2015
darfay:

I think google can help you out with the exact figure nd isoko north nd south lga is 1200kmsquare which is 1/4th of Anambra state!!!

I would have given you a more concreate answer but I have decided to let ”fools have their day”
what has Ukwuani people hav in common with igbo people xcept language relationship, different culture believe and tradition...we hav notin in common. Igbo r frustrated people.Ukwuani man is ready to deal with any igbo who tresspasses his territory. So keep off delta state.. Ukwuani people are proud of their heritage and culture.up up we go Ndokwa nation!!
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by Kirigidi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
pazienza:
The Ukwuani region sheltered too many Isoko settlers in a time past, most of these Isokos have assimilated fully into the Ukwuani/ Ndokwa Igbo culture, by Adopting Igbo names culture and traditions of Ukwuani aboriginals, while some of them retained their Original Isoko nature, but most of these people know of a truth that they are not of Igbo lineage.

And I suspect that some of these "my papa say we no be Ibo people", might actually be right. It could be true that they are not Igbos, but it is also true that the land they presently occupy is Igboland, and the Ukwuani aboriginals from those lands will always remain true to their Igbo nature.
But d generality of d Ukwuani/Ndokwa pipo hav always denied being Igbos! Even dia socio-cultural bodies hav repeatedly sound it clear dat Ndokwas ar not Igbos, but ar a differnt ethnic group. They've defined dia ethnic identity, so wat else do u want? Or is it u a stranger frm Igbo south-east dat wil tell them dia origin?
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by Kirigidi(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Donarozzi:

Just see the map below. Igbo constitutes about 36% of Delta State land mass. Isoko is grouped as part of Urhobo.
Who is d shameless individual dat drafted dat map wit criminal intention of misledin d unsuspectin viewin/readin public? For d sake of correctn, dat deceiptiv map does not reflect d true ethnic compositn of Delta State. Vast portions of Urhobo/Isoko lands in dat fallacious/mischievious map were criminally allocated/awarded to Ijaw, Itsekiri nd Anioma groups.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by pazienza(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Kirigidi:
But d generality of d Ukwuani/Ndokwa pipo hav always denied being Igbos! Even dia socio-cultural bodies hav repeatedly sound it clear dat Ndokwas ar not Igbos, but ar a differnt ethnic group. They've defined dia ethnic identity, so wat else do u want? Or is it u a stranger frm Igbo south-east dat wil tell them dia origin?

The writer of the opening article of that thread is an Anioma son, the admin of the Facebook page the article was posted is an Ukwuani son.

I guess you know more about their origin than them?

6 Likes

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 4:36am On Mar 31, 2016
Donarozzi:

Just see the map below. Igbo constitutes about 36% of Delta State land mass. Isoko is grouped as part of Urhobo.
where did u get dis fake map??. Is u r on our an ethnic group or have you forgotten day urhobos r of edo orgin which makes dam pure Edos.
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 4:38am On Mar 31, 2016
Donarozzi:

where did u get dis fake map??urhobos r of edo orgin which makes dam pure Edos. Urhobos is not an ethnic group
Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 4:40am On Mar 31, 2016
Donarozzi:

itsekiri r of Yoruba origin which makes dem Yoruba. Itsekiri is not an ethnic group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). by victor1464(m): 4:45am On Mar 31, 2016
darfay:
Pazienza fooooli thought u opened this thread to a showcase the numrous cultural resemblance of the afformentioned tribes. U are not even being from delta state but here you are trying to rip the state apart,dividing the state into sectional lines which could leas to ethnic nd communial clashes
I don't know WATS wrong with pazienza and Tony. Dis people are confused

Shame. On you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Osun CP To Arrest Oluwo / New Yam Festival Among Igbos / Emir Of Keffi, Mohammdu Chindo-Yamusa Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.