Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter (848 Views)

Chinedu Ogah: Biafra Is Not Feasible In Nigeria – Says APC Chieftain / 2015 Election: Top 10 Indications APC Wasn't Ready To Rule Nigeria / Attacks By Boko Haram Have Reduced In Nigeria, Says Buhari - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by myners007: 2:18am On Sep 23, 2015
Eldest daughter of the late Chief Hannah Dideolu Awolowo, Mrs. Omotola Oyediran, yesterday in Ikenne, Ogun State declared that a descendant of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo would one day become the president of Nigeria.
Mrs. Oyediran said she used to pray daily for a descendant of their father, who was the first premier of the old Western Region, to occupy the highest political office in the country, but stopped doing so at a point for reasons she did not know.
She made the declaration while receiving members of the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE) led by former governor of the old Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo, which paid a condolence visit to the country home of the Awolowos in Ikenne.
The daughter of the late matriarch, however, said her conviction that a descendant of Awolowo would someday rule the nation was recently revived.
Her words: “I used to pray daily that one day a descendant of the Awolowo family would become the president of Nigeria, but I stopped and I do not know why I stopped. But I want to say it again that one day a descendant of the Awolowos will become the president of Nigeria.”
Meanwhile, General Adebayo has praised the late Mrs. Awolowo for her invaluable contributions to the unity of Yoruba land.
Also commiserating with the Awolowo family in Ikenne, the National Coordinator of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams said it was a thing of joy that the late matriarch was survived by children who would sustain the legacy of the family.
In her own tribute, Senator Oluremi Tinubu said the death of Mrs. Awolowo was a loss not only to her biological children, but to all Yoruba and Nigerians.
Tinubu described her death as a big deficit for those in the vanguard of the struggle for the emancipation of women.
Organised Labour also joined other distinguished Nigerians to pour encomiums on Mrs. Awolowo
The Trade Union Congress in a statement jointly signed by its President, Bobboi Bala Kaigama and Secretary General, Musa Lawal, said the woman once described as “ jewel of inestimable value” by her husband left so much to be cherished.
On the other hand, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), in a statement by Joe Ajaero said the death of Mama Awolowo signaled the end of an era.
In the same vein, Executive Governor of Plateau State, Simon Bako Lalong, noted that the late Awolowo was every inch a part of the Nation’s journey to nationhood; as a wife and companion of the late democratic leader and founder of Action Group (AG) and the UPN. He said her indelible imprints in the struggle made her husband to be celebrated.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/awolowos-descendantll-rule-nigeria-says-eldest-daughter/
Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by likila: 2:20am On Sep 23, 2015
they are praying for buhari to die!
Olorun m'aje!
my hand no dey ooo.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by lastmanstandn(m): 2:22am On Sep 23, 2015
likila:
Plorun m'aje!
my hand no dey ooo.
Correct!
You sef get the scope. grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by JoBabs(m): 2:28am On Sep 23, 2015
Yah I wish y'all well in all ya endeavours, good your late parents left you with a reputable legacy, but please kindly give consideration to we the unknown, unnoticed, untested generation to also prove our worth.

God bless the Federal Government if Nigeria.
Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by Nairadean(m): 2:40am On Sep 23, 2015
How
Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 23, 2015
yea they will rule the ZOO after BIAFRA is gone
lunatics everywhere
my goodness me

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by babyfaceafrica: 5:42am On Sep 23, 2015
likila:
Olorun m'aje!
my hand no dey ooo.
use your brain smallnaw...osinbajo is not a descendant of awolowo..he is married to one..so there is no correlation,she vividly mentioned that a descendant..ask google for a descendant!!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by Obijulius: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2015
Of course I agree.

After Biafra is gone and if the Hausas allow una to rule. Except a descendant from a Hausa father.

How slave wan rule the master.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo’s Descendant’ll Rule Nigeria, Says Eldest Daughter by coolitempa(f): 8:37am On Sep 23, 2015
A good name never dies....till date no Yoruba man can survive politics without identifying with Awo.......almost thirty years since he died..... cheesy....even the VP although an accomplished man in his own right rode on that name by marrying his grand daughter..... cheesy.....Awo....a name that is gold dust....even his personal life was exemplary....... cheesy........now compare with ojukwu......the hero of the iboes..... cheesy.......three times divorced....killed his people....sexually abused his friends grand daughter.......who was herself sexually abused by FFK....abandoned his first child.....just like his own father initially abandoned him.....effects of generational curses..... cheesy.....you can therefore see the jealousy of the Iboes for Yorubas......we are miles apart and need to separate...... grin

(1) (Reply)

Blunder On Saraki's Supporters Poster In NASS Today (photo) / Isis-Partnered Boko Haram Share Pics Of Abuja Bombers,Claims Responsibiliity / Petititons Against Amaechi – My Humble Advice To The Senate Committee On Ethics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.