Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,643 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions (3869 Views)

How To Stop MTN Auto Renewal Subscription / Forget about this / Can't Load Money On My Skril Account with Either Gtbank Mastercard Or FCMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by dewstar: 7:32am On Sep 23, 2015
GTbank just deducted N1000 from my account with them on Mastercard Renewal. The thing is I do not understand the necessity of this deduction, how can they renew a card that is in my hands and still working fine. I thought the essence of renewal is to take the old one and replace it with a new one. Gtbank as not asked me to bring my old card to the bank for exchange for a new one, rather I'm sent an sms that N1000 has been removed from my account. I'm sure they have been doing this from year to year, this is the first time I'm actually noticing it. I believe this is either illegal or plain wrong. Why should I be made to pay for a virtual/electronic renewal in the first place, since it costs them nothing at all to do the renewal? Are they continuing with this because we are not complaining enough about it.
Nigerians, I need more voices on this. Pls correct and educate me if I'm wrong about my complaints or join your voice with me on this if you believe the bank is wrong.
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by mymadam(m): 7:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Send an e-mail to their Customer Care dept. They should rectify any anomaly.
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by blank(f): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2015
@ OP, if you send to their customer care unit and they do not give you a satisfactory reply, kindly send an email to CBN's consumer protection directorate. The email is cpd@cbn.gov.ng and copy GTbank's customer care line when you do so.

I really do not like that bank for anything. I have a current account there but it's just to receive my dividends. Very exploitative bank.
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by dewstar: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
mymadam:
Send an e-mail to their Customer Care dept. They should rectify any anomaly.

You think its an anomaly. I think it's a very deliberate act.
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by dewstar: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
blank:
@ OP, if you send to their customer care unit and they do not give you a satisfactory reply, kindly send an email to CBN's consumer protection directorate. The email is cpd@cbn.gov.ng and copy GTbank's customer care line when you do so.

I really do not like that bank for anything. I have a current account there but it's just to receive my dividends. Very exploitative bank.

Thanks a lot. I've sent a message to them, waiting for a reply.
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by metroid(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
dewstar:

Thanks a lot. I've sent a message to them, waiting for a reply.

Did GTbank reply.....your message?
Re: Gtbank Mastercard auto-renewal deductions by onyi25(f): 1:00am On Jun 20, 2020
They just deducted 1000 from me too

(1) (Reply)

ALL These Endowed WOMEN Were Once Men..pics / Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend And Son Pictured Together During The El-clasico / Arsene Wenger`s 13 Years In Transfers:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.