Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,558 members, 7,847,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti (463 Views)

Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vows To Set Nigeria On Fire / Muslims Defy Leaders, Collect Fayose’s Rams / We’ll Gladly Accept Fayose’s Rams, Food Items – Ekiti Imams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by zik4ever: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2015
Muslims in Ekiti yesterday defied the directive of some of their leaders not to collect Sallah gifts from Governor Ayo Fayose, as they trooped to the government house in Ado Ekiti to collect the rams distributed by the governor for Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

This contravened the order earlier issued by Muslim leaders, under the auspices of League of Imams and Alfas, Ekiti State, which urged members to reject the gifts on the strength that their members were not adequately represented in Fayose’s appointments.

Though, another group had countered the League of Imams and Alfas for that action, describing those behind the attack as impostors, who were not known in Islam circle.

While distributing the rams to Imams and other top dignitaries, Fayose said he won’t allow himself to be dragged into playing politics with religion in the state.
The governor urged Muslims to prevent themselves from being used as instruments of politics by desperate politicians, who are bent on maligning his government at every slight opportunity.

In his words, “I won’t allow anybody to drag me into playing politics with religion. What I am doing today is a demonstration of love and support for the Muslims. I am not that kind of a leader who does things with religious interest.

“I will do same to Christians at Christmas exactly what I am doing to Muslims today.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/sallah-muslims-defy-leaders-order-collect-fayoses-rams-in-ekiti/
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by durubrian(m): 9:21am On Sep 23, 2015
NA WA O.... who no like better thing?

Nigerians and OSHOFREE
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by taiyesoul(f): 9:22am On Sep 23, 2015
Indirectly giving back to what originally belongs to Ceaser
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2015
Atenu
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by Segadem(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2015
The guy na real politician !
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by tolexy007(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2015
grin fayose my guy.....the head ache of APC, the the fear of Tinubu ... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by Feranchek(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2015
And the yeye leaders go go backyard go collect their own. Iranu undecided
Re: Sallah: Muslims Defy Leaders Order, Collect Fayose’s Rams In Ekiti by naijaGhandi: 9:54am On Sep 23, 2015
Mr fayose you can't be wrong or right all the time but Growth and development of your state will become a reality if you're not thinking of What the people will eat today alone, secure their future unless this same people will curse you if they find nothing to hold on to in the future. It is well

(1) (Reply)

APC vs PDP...the grass suffers / Video Of Saraki’s ‘attack’ At The Praying Ground Earlier Today / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.